Something Lurks Within the Monolith

As we’ve previously hinted, Patch 0.8.2 will focus heavily on endgame content. Today we’re excited to unveil our most complex boss to-date! The Shade of Orobyss is a particularly unpredictable nemesis that appears in a number of distinct forms with differing abilities.

The revamped and expanded Monolith of Fate contains many additional types of Echo, with new rewards awaiting those brave enough to venture inside them. New objectives, new bosses, new types of content, and new meta progression are all coming in this massive update.

In a future post we will detail the changes coming to the Monolith. At its heart is the mysterious Shade of Orobyss, a mysterious entity whose appearance heralds the destruction of an entire Timeline. We’ll warn you of some of its most potent abilities ahead of time - but be warned, for one cannot rid the Monolith of the Shade any more than they can stop the sun from rising.

As you journey through the updated Monolith of Fate, the Shade of Orobyss will be drawn ever closer to you. Eventually, either you will find the Shade… or it shall find you.

32 Likes

Well done by art team again! Looking forward of meeting these

4 Likes

3 words. 3rd transformation please <3 this is so badass

perma kreygasm over this boss design :heart_eyes:

1 Like

PogU content

1 Like

I know what lurks within the Monolith. I’ve seen that already in the current available content.

IT’S CALLED THE DEATH :stuck_out_tongue:

Have faced it too many times already when I got in to the monolith end game few days ago with my first character. Damn abomination in the end of the first timeline. Got my ass handed repeatedly.

Thank you tho <3

I am so ready!

this looks like very poggers content. i am excite.

This is just a badass design

My HC toons say bring it!

Super exiting! Can’t wait to these changes woot woot!

niceeee cant wait for the monolith updates! Does it has procedural maps in the update??

Nice. Getting some Time Wraith vibes from this, from The Flash tv show. They would hunt down speedsters who mess around with time travel or break the rules of the speedforce.

This sounds great! The Shade description reminds me of Warframes Stalker a bit.

Really curious about the changes. Is this the update we get THE ENDVERSION OF MONOLITH? Is this what you wanted the Monolith to be?

Haha, nice. I was personally getting some Stranger Things vibes by the end of it, so much so that I basically read the last sentence as;

As you journey through the Upside Down, the Demogorgon will be drawn ever closer to you. Eventually, either you will find the Demogorgon… or it shall find you.

Yessssss, my beautiful lord is finally getting some attention. Hail Orobyss.

Now, serious question…this is only the shade of Orobyss, as a bishop of the Church of Orobyss, is it blasphemy to fight him?

It should be fine as long as it’s not the lord himself, right?

You’re off the Christmas card list for sure.

4 Likes

Well, it’s a good thing the only creature I want coming down my chimney or getting gifts from is Orobyss.

All hail the king.

Sarno, is there any news on procedurally generated maps? In a post a while ago you mentioned asking Chris Wilson of GGG for tips on it. So iam wondering if its coming to the game soon or not :slight_smile:

Looks pretty badass as long as it doesn’t have an invulnerability phaze :blush:

It is not coming anytime soon, ala Mike Weicker.

1 Like