Various improvements and suggestions

Hello, so I have been playing the game for the past few days, far from finished but with 40h I have some suggestions on how to improve it (mainly QOL)

Inventory/loot/filters

• Recolor filter showing in inventory and stash
  • Show affixed rarity
  • Item roll filter (not sure how you would go about implementing this but something like % of the roll would work)
  • Crafting material auto-loot, I understand that for item drops it more satisfying to pick it up but for the shards, etc. I’d much rather have an option like in GD to just pick it all up

UI

• Healthbar focus for bosses (or just for the enemies with the highest HP, level, etc.)
  • DoT indicator under the health bar (I love playing DoT builds and if it is a debuff I need to reapply I’d like to see that)
  • In the stat list including stuff like crit chance for specific skill (in a drop-down menu or something like that would be really helpful for a newer player)

Crafting

• While I love the crafting I’d like to see some sort of “low risk/low reward option” for when you want a bit more of something but don’t want to risk breaking the item. You could balance it with roll strength, so for example you can’t fracture the item but the roll is 80% less effective. It won’t be viable for end game builds but good for leveling, experimenting.
  • Or way to repair a fractured item, not an easy way but something
  • Rare affixes (possibly from unique items), extremely low drop chance but it would be another thing to farm + who doesn’t love getting that rare drop with the map mark, beam of light, sound

Lagon

• I’ve already made a post about that boss fight in the steam forum but just to sum it up, It’s a bad, annoying and boring boss fight, mostly the second phase. The difficulty is not a problem but there is some RNG in the tentacle, enemy, wave, and lightning placement, you easily get stuck and then die.
  • From the bosses in the game that I had tried this one is really the worst and it’s the only time I felt my death was BS and out of my control.

Arena

• making arena more rewarding
  • arena modifiers similar to Monolith - high risk=high reward
  • wave timer, combo, and score like GD

End game

• Some people say Monolith needs procedurally generated maps, I don’t agree with that, I’ve spent over 1k hours in Warframe, what it needs in my opinion is goal variety, varied placement, and boss variate. Yesterday I got “Slay primal dragon” 5 times in a row

Optimization

• While I don’t have the “latest and greatest” gaming machine, it’s just 1070ti, Ryzen 7 2700, 32GB ram, the game slows down a lot when there are tons of effects (most noticeable in the Lagon island and temple) but there is no way in the setting to turn down those effects I feel are the culprit.

That’s probably everything I wanted to list, now excuse me I need to complete more Echos.

1 Like

Hey there,

first and foremost: Welcome to the LE Community

Great feedback, just wanna point some things out and maybe redirect you to some already big discussions.

I don’t like htat. I think it’s more fun for players to discover and find out by themselves what is actually rare.

This among many many other things have been requested multiple tiems already and i am sure we will get another loot filter update at some point (since the implementation of the loot filter we havn’t received any update to it)

This is a really really big topic and GD just added this relatively fresh to their game.
Since GD reduced the component drops to only drop comnpletel components i even find it unecessary.

For LE there aleady were several discussions about this, here is one of the biggest ones:
Money and Crafting Ingredients should drop directly into stash - Feedback and Suggestions - Last Epoch Forums

I agree having visual or UI indicators for certain debuffs is very nice. (Like Mark For Death having a overhead icon on the enemy), but since usual ailments do stack indefinitely, we don’t need that, it’s just unnecessary information.

We need to be careful to not overlaod the UI with “nice to have”, but uncessary informations, otherwise the UI will get overloaded.

While i agree that Lagon is the most buggy boss in the entire game and alot of builds/skills don’t work properly or feel bad.
I never died to him, because of stupid bugs.

The only thing that you need to be aware of: Use the platform for pathing and don’t hover your mouse over him directly to control your movement.

We already got teasered more incoming MoF objectives and overhauls of existing ones(spires)
Slay The All-New Spires Coming in Patch 0.8.2! - General - Last Epoch Forums
Something Lurks Within the Monolith - General - Last Epoch Forums

LE optimization is a big topic and many many people have issues with it.
It doesn’t even really matter how strong or bad your rig is, some people jsut have big issues, while other don’t.
Greatest bottlebeck currently is the CPU, because how some systems work.

The devs already confirmed working on some fundamental improvements that will make it into the game (hopefully) soon.

GL HF

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.