patch 0.8.2 preview
Patch 0.8.2 is coming 2021-05-24T18:00:00Z !
We’re eager to share some exciting changes to the systems you’ve become familiar with – read on to dig into everything you need to know about preparing yourself to take on a barrage of new challenges.
What to Expect:
- Massive updates to end-game and the Monolith of Fate
- New challenging boss encounters
- Completely refreshed UI
- New Skills: Volatile Zombie & Storm Crows
- and much, much more!
New Monolith of Fate Progression System...
- A better sense of progression
- More variety in experiences from echo to echo, like mini arenas and encountering web altering beacons
- More targeted mid-term goals and rewards
- More player agency and strategy interacting with the Monolith
Get the full details on the all-new echo web experience on our
Monolith Overhaul Developer Blog.
As you journey through the Monolith, you’ll soon come face-to-face with the Shade of Orobyss, an unpredictable nemesis whose appearance heralds the destruction of an entire Timeline. Each encounter will vary greatly as this unique boss descends in multiple forms with 30 different abilities!
Patch 0.8.2 also presents a complete UI refresh. We are bringing new visuals and functions to every panel in the game. For example, take a look at the new world map and improved quest tracking.
You can also see updates in the crafting and character inventory windows. These windows, along with many others, have been reformatted to better display key information.
These examples only scratch the surface of the complete UI refresh! More to come on this in the near future.
The Primalist can now call upon Storm Crows whose default ability is to cast lightning damage-dealing spells from a distance.
The Acolyte can now raise Volatile Zombies who trudge towards the nearest enemy. When they reach an enemy or die, they explode dealing physical and fire damage to all nearby enemies.
You requested them so here they are, moveable stash tabs!
Thank you for your continued feedback regarding minions. We’re excited to be making a number of improvements to minions in this patch, including;
- Minions will now be quicker to engage in combat with nearby enemies.
- Minions will now remain in combat rather than returning to you when you reposition in combat, such as when kiting.
- Minions will now increase their movement speed temporarily in certain situations, such as when catching up to you or initiating combat.
Fear not, the difficulties your minions have attacking the god of storms are la-gone.
Patch 0.8.2 also brings new items, visual effect reworks, improved controller support, crafting changes, performance improvements, new music, and so much more.
As always, we greatly appreciate the community for the continued support and engagement, we would not be here without you!
Join our Official Community Discord!