Patch Preview: Beta 0.8.2

Patch Preview Title

patch 0.8.2 preview

Patch 0.8.2 is coming 2021-05-24T18:00:00Z !

We’re eager to share some exciting changes to the systems you’ve become familiar with – read on to dig into everything you need to know about preparing yourself to take on a barrage of new challenges.

What to Expect:

• Massive updates to end-game and the Monolith of Fate
  • New challenging boss encounters
  • Completely refreshed UI
  • New Skills: Volatile Zombie & Storm Crows
  • and much, much more!

title-overhauled-endgame

New Monolith of Fate Progression System...

Visuals work in progress

...Unlimited Possibilities!

Gone are the days of linear, binary decision making. The Monolith now benefits from:

• A better sense of progression
  • More variety in experiences from echo to echo, like mini arenas and encountering web altering beacons
  • More targeted mid-term goals and rewards
  • More player agency and strategy interacting with the Monolith

Get the full details on the all-new echo web experience on our
Monolith Overhaul Developer Blog.

title-shade

As you journey through the Monolith, you’ll soon come face-to-face with the Shade of Orobyss, an unpredictable nemesis whose appearance heralds the destruction of an entire Timeline. Each encounter will vary greatly as this unique boss descends in multiple forms with 30 different abilities!

https://i.imgur.com/HTuTukb.gif

title-map-and-ui

Patch 0.8.2 also presents a complete UI refresh. We are bringing new visuals and functions to every panel in the game. For example, take a look at the new world map and improved quest tracking.

https://i.imgur.com/0FNzfcu.gif

You can also see updates in the crafting and character inventory windows. These windows, along with many others, have been reformatted to better display key information.

These examples only scratch the surface of the complete UI refresh! More to come on this in the near future.

title-skills-crow

The Primalist can now call upon Storm Crows whose default ability is to cast lightning damage-dealing spells from a distance.

https://i.imgur.com/vmi9cFc.gif

title-skills-zombie

The Acolyte can now raise Volatile Zombies who trudge towards the nearest enemy. When they reach an enemy or die, they explode dealing physical and fire damage to all nearby enemies.

https://i.imgur.com/a5CdfN6.gif

Visuals work in progress

title-feedback

You requested them so here they are, moveable stash tabs!

Thank you for your continued feedback regarding minions. We’re excited to be making a number of improvements to minions in this patch, including;

• Minions will now be quicker to engage in combat with nearby enemies.
  • Minions will now remain in combat rather than returning to you when you reposition in combat, such as when kiting.
  • Minions will now increase their movement speed temporarily in certain situations, such as when catching up to you or initiating combat.

https://i.imgur.com/eLMlHyu.gif

Fear not, the difficulties your minions have attacking the god of storms are la-gone.

Patch 0.8.2 also brings new items, visual effect reworks, improved controller support, crafting changes, performance improvements, new music, and so much more.

As always, we greatly appreciate the community for the continued support and engagement, we would not be here without you!

Join our Official Community Discord!

97 Likes

EHG is amazing! Thank you for this wonderful game that only gets better <3

10 Likes

Aaand now i have something to wait for. Amazing job EHG!

1 Like

I love it! Keep it up guys, i bet you can beet PoE and D4 after release!

1 Like

POGGERS! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Cant Wait!

5 Likes

Oh wow the new world UI and crafting UI looks pog!

The “la-gone” pun … :sweat_smile: … not even a dad joke, it’s a grand dad joke :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

It’s a lot of stuff, and it’s awesome.

1 Like

love ur work :smiley: only playing for 4 days but having a blast and almost anything i thought about that could be better is already deploying or in the making.

Happy to see a Studio that is listening for feedback like you do.

Stay healthy

2 Likes

this looks amazing!!! i only got this game a few days ago and already fallen in love (love dungeon crawlers and hack n slash games like this) and i just cant wait to see where this game goes. really wanna be able to access multiplayer as well as the last 3 classes

1 Like

dont forget anticheat before adding multiplayer :smiley:

1 Like

Everything looks sooooo good.

1 Like

Multiplayer is going to be on their servers so you won’t be able to cheat.

1 Like

Every single word in this preview is absolutely amazing. I cant begin to describe how happy I am for… Mono changes, New bosses, Better minion AI (You will need to nerf zeckar after this, he will be too high on arena, 5k inc), Stash tab, everything looking crisp.

I really wish you guys had a MTX shop because I would be dropping money right now.

Oooo ya!

All this seems really amazing, keep up the great work! :smiley:

Any balancing with this patch?

POG. That UI rework seems real good especially the Map one.

1 Like

Wow, great update!

To give you guys a sense of scale of the map I took a little GIF just now: Screen capture - 3146147c8b38c5ae650babf8adfc0d11 - Gyazo

Also visuals that we’re working on implementing:

24 Likes

Great updates, thanks