Freezing Ice Ranged Minions 0.8.2I Build Guide

Video

This Build Tier Rating is:

10/10 --->--->--->---> 5/10 >--->--->--->---> 1/10

To see how I would change dread shade to its new skill tree it cam be found here in this guide

Build Overview Summary/Rating/Interactions

Summary

• This build is played as a Necromancer. As you flesh out the build in endgame you’ll have 10 skeletons and 5 mages along with the occasional Zombie. The skeletons and mages will be built completely around cold and even have a chance to freeze enemies. Everything does great damage and killing things quickly and efficiently will be the least of your worries! If your a Minion Fan this build is for you!

Main Interactions

• Stacking Lots of Cold Damage For Minions
  • Getting as mana Skeletons and Mages as possible
  • Exploding zombies for damage plus tons of ward

Rating

• Defense - 9/10
  • Offense - 9.2/10
  • Empowered Bosses - 9/10
  • Speed Running Echoes - 7.2/10
  • Arena - 8.5/10
  • Average - 8.6 (S Tier)

Lootfilter Attached Click Here

Please let Me know if you find anything messed up

GREEN - Early Game Items (1 affix Tier 1+)

BLUE - Mid Game Items (1 affix Tier 3+)

RED - Starting Endgame Items (1 affix Tier 5+)

YELLOW - ENDGAME ITEMS (Requires 3+ Affixes with 8+ Total Tiers)

YELLOW - IDOLS

PINK - Exalted/Set/Unique Items

WARNING: Unused Base Types and Non ACOLYTE Class Items ARE HIDDEN

Pastebin Link

Freezing Ice Minion NECROMANCER Lootfilter Pastebin Link

Text File Download

Ice Ranged Minions 0.8.2I Necromancer.xml (80.6 KB)

Dammitt's Builder For 0.8.2I

Freezing Ice Minions Necromancer Gear/Idols/Blessings

Most Important Stats

Defense For You (Most important to Least important

• Capped Resistances
  • Health
  • Critical Strike Avoidance/Endurance 60%

Defense For Minions (Most important to Least important

• Minion Health Regen
  • Minion Health
  • Minion Dodge Rating

Offense (Most Important to Least important)

• Minion Damage/Minion Spell Damage/Minion Cold Damage
  • Minion Critical Strike Chance/Minion Critical Strike Multiplier

Rating System Breakdown

Defense

• S Tier - Face tank Empowered Bosses
  • A Tier - Face tank Bosses (Non Empowered)
  • B Tier - Face tank Some Bosses But No All
  • C Tier - Cannot Face tank Any Bosses Must dodge Choreographed Abilities
  • D Tier - One Shots are frequent
  • F Tier - Trash mobs are fearsome

Offense

• S Tier - Empowered Abomination < 10 Seconds (once Soul Cages are destroyed)
  • A Tier - Empowered Abomination > 10 Seconds < 30 Seconds (once Soul Cages are destroyed)
  • B Tier - Empowered Abomination > 30 Seconds < 60 Seconds (once Soul Cages are destroyed)
  • C Tier - Empowered Abomination > 60 Seconds < 120 Seconds (once Soul Cages are destroyed)
  • D Tier - Empowered Abomination > 120+ Seconds (once Soul Cages are destroyed)
  • F Tier - Empowered Abomination = Gave up.

Empowered Bosses

• S Tier - Not a challenge
  • A Tier - Some are challenging
  • B Tier - Not empowered boss friendly
  • C Tier - Some NON empowered bosses are challenging
  • D Tier - All NON empowered bosses are challenging
  • F Tier - Don’t even bother.

Speed Running (Echoes)

• S Tier - Doesn’t Stop Moving and Things die as you go + Fast Movement Speed
  • A Tier - Only Stops for rare’s/bosses
  • B Tier - Frequent Stops to kill things
  • C Tier - Frequent Stops to kill things or wait for mana
  • D Tier - Very Slow
  • F Tier - Painfully Slow

Arena

• S Tier - 300+ Waves
  • A Tier - 225-299 Waves
  • B Tier - 150-224 Waves
  • C Tier - 100-149 Waves
  • D Tier - 80-99 Waves
  • F Tier - Less Than 79 Waves

Tier Converted to Points

S - Tier is 8.5+
A - Tier is 7-8.499
B - Tier is 5.5-6.99
C - Tier is 4-5.499
D - Tier is 2.5-3.99
F - Tier is 2.499 and less

Passive Screen Shots
Acolyte
Necromancer

Skill Screen Shots
Dread Shade
Rip Blood
Summon Volatile Zombie
Summon Skeleton
Summon Skeleton Mage

Social Platform Links

Twitch

Follow me on twitch and watch me live every Saturday night as we put together builds and test them!

Youtube

Here’s Everything I’ve ever done in Last Epoch

Discord

Join my Discord and use the !Search function in the Search bot channel to find any build it is your looking for by name/creator/tier rating/class/master/skill/patch and more!

Updates
  • Initially posted June 10th 2021. Viable for 0.8.2I

Looking For a different build? Here’s a Compendium with Tons!

150+ Builds and Guides in one place! Click Here

Have a good day Travelers!

3 Likes

Thanks Boardman! I have the old one with Bone Golem, will switch to this one and try to hit my first lvl 100!
Keep up the awesome work!

1 Like

thanks alot Boardman!! i too use your old skeletons one and will definitely transition to this one. you helped me through my journey in this game. cant thank you enough!! looks cool

1 Like

Hey man, thanks for the great guides. Followed multiple of your guides already and had a great time for the most part.
One thing that might be nice, especially for extremely new players, is a hint to the levelling stage, where you just mention or link the relevant guide of yours in the video, or if the build can be levelled as is you might give a basic skill progression. If you put it at the End of the video experienced players are not even bothered by having to skip around in the video.

1 Like

Yeah I can look at adding in a new section for leveling.

1 Like

Hey Boardman, thanks for your work in making this build. I was looking for tweaking your filters to make them a little stricter and I noticed some “odd” choices.

Some of the endgame items filters instead of 8+ total tiers have 3+ total tiers (eg. Rings).

Some of the affixes also seems to be for a build which uses Wraiths, like minion melee and physical damage, and “chance to summon wraith to summon a putrid wraith instead” on idols.

2x1 and 1x2 idols are also excluded from the yellow filter but in the planner you are using the vertical ones and you even talk in the video about using them.

Hope this helps you, thanks again

It seems like a Reach of the grave would be a good weapon for this build until getting to higher item levels. What is the ideal endgame weapon?

Any weapon that has minion spell and minion physical damage on it.

Do you have a sense for how much of the Skeletons DPS is physical vs cold? Also are the cryomancer skellys exclusively cold spell damage?

When you put it that way, 119% increased bow and spell damage along with 12% cast/attack speed for a one hander might be hard to beat…

The reach of the grave works great, but you can beat it.

1 Hand Sceptre:

• Minion Spell damage/Minion Physical Damage:
  • Tier 1 — 18-35%
  • Tier 5 — 89-122%
  • Tier 7 — 194-245%

2 Handed Staff:

• Minion Spell damage/Minion Physical Damage:
  • Tier 1 — 32-64%
  • Tier 5 — 163-224%
  • Tier 7 — 355-448%

TLDR - Reach of the grave is just as good as a 1 handed sceptre up to tier 5, if you find exalted tier 6/7 craft becomes better
Reach of the grave is outperformed by a 2 handed staff with bare minimum Tier 4 rolls.

1 Like

Thanks for the break down! The phys damage is for the archers when they aren’t using cold shot?

I cant see the tags of Fire/Ice arrow so i dont know if it retains a physical scaling tag. But outside of the ice arrow, the skeletons main default attack is physical yes. The mages do not have physical tag so it doesnt help them.

Im not sure what an archers normal default flat physical damage amount is ( 5? 8?) but we add 8 flat physical in passives + any flat if your using uniques like ribbon of blood. That added damage should be applied on ice arrow, but whether its all converted or not to cold idk.

From the descriptive text fire arrow gains the fire tag & cold arrow gains the cold tag instead.

Yeah…

But does that mean it lost/keeps the physical tag?
Does it convert the base damage to cold?
Does it convert added damage to cold?

It keeps the phys & gains either fire or cold. It’ll then convert 1/2 of the base damage to either fire or cold. It doesn’t convert any added damage 'cause it doesn’t say anything about conversion.

1 Like

It is hard to know what is happening with the damage calculations, I would love to compare the damage numbers from one of those top tier weapons vs the Reach, but I am don’t have a top tier weapon yet, I’m still in the 40s lvl wise.

The reason I ask is because it seems like phys would help skelly only and spell damage would help mage only. (or is there a hybrid shard?)

there is no hybrid shard, but you can put both on the same weapon as there is room for 2 suffixes.

It appears that Dread shade got changed, the cool down is only 6 seconds, way to quick for autocast. bummer :frowning:

This is how its always been