Is there any way to reset the monolith of fate?

For me it seems like the modifiers are gonna get harder and harder and my character slowly becomes too weak to take on harder nodes and gear progression is not going in my favor at all.
please tell me there is a simple way to reset it, if there isn’t, then its a huge turn-off for me.
A new character will be so weak to take on the endgame if it’s that way.

If you do a Shade node close to the centre of the web they can give negative amounts of corruption thereby reducing the difficulty if you’ve managed to make it too hard for yourself.

That sounds more like a specific build issue rather than a general statement.

1 Like

The endgame is not the same from one character to another. I mean, when you push corruption with a char, your other chars do not inherit this corruption. Each one has their own difficulty.

1 Like

Answers like this are F’n stupid. It could be many different reasons why he is struggling including the reason he gave about his gear drops being shit. There’s also this thing called not everyone is as good at the game as the next person. And probably many other reasons also.

There absolutely should be a way to reset the Monoliths back to default. For those of you who don’t thinks its needed it will have zero effect on your game experience. But it could have a positive effect on someone else’s. Or would you rather that these people just get frustrated and quit the game out right?

Then all thats left is the elitist tools, that’s healthy for a games shelf life.

3 Likes

“Your build likely has some issues that could be fixed” is an absolutely appropriate reply here.

Your salty rage-out, however, is resoundingly not. You need to chill, like, a lot.

There is, and the person you’re spazzing out at provided that information.

1 Like

I’m fairly new to, but I think if you do the three monolith quests, it seems like it resets the monolith modifiers.

I had the same problem with monoliths with a necromancer build that I found:

While the pets were awesome as promised, I kept getting one shotted everywhere. Maybe that build is for folks who know the fights really well.

So I restarted and did a sentinel build:

I’m level 83 plowing my way through level 90 monoliths like it was nothing and face tanking everything except big bosses like Lagon.

Not per se, no. Killing the quest echo boss reduces the amount of stability you have saved up by the amount needed to do the boss (so if it required 900 stability to do & you had 1,000 you’d end up with 100 stability, you can store up to double the amount needed to do the final boss). Every timeline you do reduces the duration of any modifiers you have by 1, so the quest echoes (& the ones that have easier modifiers) will “help” by burning through the modifiers.

So if i start a new character it will have a clean web of echoes?
And what do you mean by corruption?

Yes, every character has it’s own Timelines and Blessings.

Corruption is the value on the Top Left on your echo web, when you defeat Shade’s of Orobyss you can increase the corruption on that particular timeline, to increase difficulty, rewards and mob lvl(only on normal timelines).

Corruption is capped at 50 in normal timelines.
It gives a MORE damage and health multiplier to enemies.

You can read more about the system in game, when you press [G] and search in the Monolith Of Fate Category.

Heavy responded faster than me.
That’s exactly as he says. Each character starts with a totally new web, with zero modifier.

Awesome! Hope it stays that way in the future.

It’s very likely, yes! :slight_smile:

In the absolute worst case the starter level 55 monolith should always be doable, even with a stack of modifiers (assuming you don’t do something like stacking a specific damage type 5 times). If it’s not doable, it is indeed a build issue. I personal garbage builds on a regular basis and they all do fine in the level 55 one, so I don’t think there’s an problem in the game in regards there not being a soft enough endgame floor.

There’s a difference in game content being accessible for new players and doable by all means.

The lvl 55 timeline really isn’t that hard. If people are struggling with it, it propably is a build issue. Pointing this out to that player is the fist step in helping. We can figure out why someone struggles and help to understand what causes the issue. In most cases it is something like either damage scaling or defensive scaling done wrong. This are easy fixes if identified.

Currently there is no easy “button” to reset. So we could just give somebody the answer “no, git gud” or help to not struggle with the content by identifying the build issue. What would you prefer?

People need to invest some time to understand the mechanics of what scales how. There may be many reasons why this might not be the case.

Personally I don’t think the low timelines require a very high player skill. It’s more gear/build related. Crap gear drops also doesn’t count as an argument as theres the crafting and the gambler that will be enough for the low timelines. The issue might be that due to lack of knowledge people might think they only had unlucky drops, when the problem is likely more related to not knowing what stats exactly benefit the build the most.

Integrating an easy reset button on timelines is just a band aid. The player that struggled and needed to reset propably will not magically learn what went wrong by pressing that button. He/she will not magically have better items to suddenly steamroll the timeline on the second try. This problem gets even worse with higher timelines when the difficulty increases.

The advanced player knows that at the first timeline he should have around 40-50% resistances and some additional defensive layers depending on the class/build (block/armour for Sentinels, Dodge/GB for Rogues,…). Weapons at that point should be the highest bases because of the higher implicit flat damage stats (doesn’t count for ailment builds) and preferably flat and increased damage mods as prefixes.

From then on you should aim for critical strike avoidance that should be maxed out at some point. Untill this is the case people should avoid enemy modifiers that increase critical strike chance for enemies.

These are just the basics. But this will defenitely bring everybody through the first timeline.

In addition to this I’d recommend to choose echoes closer to the start of the timeline if people feel the difficulty ramps up. Sometimes it’s also some specific echo types people struggle, with so maybe choose another path if you can’t get past a certain echo.

I personally find it more helpful to ask for advice and learn what I’ve done wrong than just have a reset button that adds nothing to my learning curve instead let’s me trail and error again and again.

2 Likes

I do agree with everything you said, but sometimes it can help to have a fresh start with a different approach. If you understand your weaknesses and try to correct them, it can be easy to do with a “standard” timeline, more than with a timeline with raised corruption. :wink:

But I understood the question was mainly for alts. If I make my timeline more difficult, how will it be for the next character? With that point of view, it was important to confirm that a new char will not inherit the status of the timeline.

The original question:

makes no mention of alts. It was clearly commenting about a perceived reduction in player power as they progressed through a single monolith & the modifiers become harder.

It could potentially have been talking about empowered monoliths but given the final sentence “A new character will be so weak to take on the endgame if it’s that way”, I suspect not.

It’s even possible that the OP went straight into monoliths when they got to the end of time! I could understand that if they were trying to do lvl 55 content with a lvl 20-25 character & not being able to use any of the gear that drops.

The modifiers, like “enemies deal 25% increased damage” and “enemies are Deadly until approached”, etc. only last for a small # of monolith runs, and the interface tells you how many runs they last before expiring.

So, if you run a mono and succeed, all the modifiers you have will go down by 1, until they disappear. One trick I use is to run a Beacon, which does not add its own modifiers, but ticks all your existing ones down by 1 when you complete it. Another trick is to go back to the very start of your mono, where the modifiers only last 1 mono anyway, so doing that mono ticks all others down by 1 and doesn’t add a new one (it immediately expires).

Yes, I can be wrong and I may have misunderstood.

This is the part that made me think OP was also wondering about alts.

And this may show it was part of their concern.

1 Like

makes no mention of alts. It was clearly commenting about a perceived reduction in player power as they progressed through a single monolith & the modifiers become harder.

I thought that the monolith system is shared between all your characters on your account, like the Atlas in Path of Exile.
Now I understand it is not the case so my concern is no more.

It’s even possible that the OP went straight into monoliths when they got to the end of time! I could understand that if they were trying to do lvl 55 content with a lvl 20-25 character & not being able to use any of the gear that drops.

I didn’t.
I’ve started the monolith in level 55 (after killing lagon) with my first character ever made , that character obviously was underpowered since I’m completely new to the game.
though I didn’t feel extreme difficulty on my part, it came later when I’ve noticed mods stacking up in each map, Just wondered how hard will it get.

My concern was that the monolith is going to be SHARED between all characters.
And a fresh character that reaches endgame will have to deal with these stacked map mods that have been built up with a previous character even though the character is not geared enough to take on like +200% damage and health.

Git gud isn’t just a joke. End game challenge is a challenge. Not everyone will be able to go as far as the next person. They aren’t going to lower the challenge to make sure everyone can do it, they are going to raise the challenge to make sure some can’t. Otherwise the majority will complain it is too easy.