1 to 75 Leveling Guide Acolyte to Necromancer. Ice Ranged + Zombies Spec

I dont find it clunky as i just place it on autocast and just keep an eye on my minions total number. if a minion dies i just resummon it, which i find even less annoying that trying to stand on a companion trying to revive it (although companions die way less often now)

For this build dread shade gives UP to 89% attack/cast speed and 119% MORE damage to minions. Doubling the attack speed and the damage of 15 minions i believe is more worth it than have 10-15 wraiths, but either way is viable.

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I have a raw feeling from earlier in testing that a lot of skills and node combinations end up being “n00b traps,” where it gives the appearance of being different from the standard skills, but ends up being worse in every way. Since Dread Shade takes off more and more HP every second, the bonus begins at X more damage and 45% more speed and builds up to those numbers you’ve mentioned above until the pet dies off. Since you can summon multiple Shades, I assume you’re at the upper level often since at least one of the pets will be at that near-death stage and the shade’s big enough to surround the majority of the pets.

I have my thoughts on how multiple skills could get re-worked, but then again, I’m not the one risking my paycheck on developing this game; once the multiple end-game systems and multiplayer hurdles get finished, hopefully we can pool suggestions for skill improvements that the devs could take serious time to implement.

1 Like

Hi, new to the game, loving it so far!

Tried out your guide, super helpful to get a good starting idea of the game.

Few questions if you don’t mind:

At level 49 we pick up Dread Shade, but, its never on your cast bar in your video. How does this work sorry?

Also, with rip blood being supposed to be cast on your own minions, am I supposed to cast it at all times, or only when they are missing health?

1 Like

Welcome to the community!

Dread shade Can go on your bar when ever you want to start using it, i didnt place it at 49 since i didnt start using till about 65 when i had the cooldown on it and the skill mostly filled out to work the way i wanted.

You can cast rip blood whenever. It doesnt heal minions. Just gives them a boost of damage and attack/cast speed.

2 Likes

Thank you, and thank you for the reply!

Okay I skipped a bit ahead in the video, I see you replaced the golem with it. Makes sense, thank you for the guide and help.

Is this the same build as Freezing Ice Range Minions but just more in-depth? Freezing Ice Ranged Minions 0.8.2I Build Guide](Freezing Ice Ranged Minions 0.8.2I Build Guide)

1 Like

This is a guide how to level up to 75 to get you going to that build guide yes.

2 Likes

Newer LE player here, love the time and effort you put into your guides! My question is, and maybe I’m just not looking in the right places, but what gear are you working towards by say 55+? Not basic stats, but unique, named gear and set pieces in particular. Or maybe some guidance to a post specifically Ice ranged + Zombie Necro gear mid to end game goals?

Welcome to the community!

There are a few uniques out there that you could use if you really wanted, but there not mandatory. You could run a hollow finger or 2 ring. Death rattle amulet. Im sure several others that i cant think of off the top my head, but i try and stay away from adding those in solo runs as not everyone will get them :confused:

1 Like

Thank you for the very quick reply! I picked up a Death Rattle last night and that was the reason for the question honestly, guess it was a lucky drop. It definitely looked build appropriate, the Shroud of Obscurity that dropped from a gamble…not so much.

One other quick newbie question: Adaptive and spell damage, do they apply in any way to this build? The archers do physical dam correct? So does spell and adapt dam only apply to the Mages or am I missing something else here?

Thank you so much for the assists.

Only affixes with the word minion in them will apply to your minions.

e.x. Minion damage - minion physical damage - minion fire damage - Minion spell damage

Adaaptive spell damage on weapons affects YOUR spell damage not your minions Spell damage.

I am having such a blast with ice skeletons + volatile zombies.

Decided to use a Fire Golem instead of Shade, because I am not a fan of perishable minions. But that is purely personal preference.

Great build and guide!

1 Like

Is the planner updated? Some levels are broken and the skills are not connected on the tree.

It is not, Let me see if i can change just the level 75 one for now. Some skills got reworked in the last patch drop (0.8.3)

EDIT: @Asag replaced the level 75 builder with new planner for dread shade. Should work for now until I redo this guide in the future :slight_smile:

Thx alot, was confused mostly about the shade. Did not know if should go for the single minion node or not.

seems like the builder is still messed up, big question is should you go into “Lone Watcher” for 1 active dreadshade but no health drain + longer duration, instead of going for converting it to poison dmg.

is this build still viable?

It is

Hey All, I just started playing and have been following Boardman’s ice minion build from June. I’m sure the game has changed a lot since then and curious if there is an updated ranged minion build?
I’m currently lvl 60 and enjoying but want to be sure about everything!

How did you get to Spectral Putresence by bypassing Poisoned Minds in Wandering Spirits?