Controller based freezes and crashes in 0.8.2

Hey.

Just a summary post here in the bug forums for the devs…

There seems to be something wrong with using controllers in 0.8.2 that is causing freezes and even crashing depending on the situation…

There are quite a few posts about this now and the one common factor is the use of a controller… When users revert back to keyboard and mouse the problems goes away. It seem to be happening on a wide variety of system setups as well as various different controllers including Xbox One, Ps4 and Ps5 controllers.

The general usage is when holding down a controller button for “autocasting” of skills… It seems to be happening in a range of different skills devouring orbs, tornado, shift etc…

The following are links to the separate threads for more information:

1 Like

Good work, thanks!

I’m pretty sure the devs are aware of the various threads & have created bugs in whatever bug tracking software they use.

Theres something going on, prior to the new update ive played for 996 hours or something almost entirely on a controller but also switchiing to mouse/kb - may not seem realistic but Last Epoch has not had a single game crash in almost 1000 hours, not a single freeze up where I had to alt-ctrl-delete

After the initial update for the new patch everything was fine but after I started loading other characters and then the first hotfix - for FPS loss which I wasnt being affect by at all - my game has crashed over 10 times, 3 have been from playing in monoliths on a Shaman autocasting, VK Abyssal Orb has crashed 10 times easily again only if I autocast

Crashed 3 times on Lagon, once when he died and other two soon as he spawned, once switching area

I wouldnt normally remember all these crashes if I was playing PoE but this game has been extremely stable for me until the last week or so

Might be slightly off topic but I believe you… 800h+ hours here pre-0.8.2 and less than a handful of crashes - every one of which I know exactly what caused them as I was trying to make the game crash or did something stupid while loading up… :wink:

I dont use a controller… I simply cannot use any controller for more than 30 seconds before I want to throw it violently at someone and cause pain… :wink:

But it does look like 0.8.2. has changed something that has affected overall game stability when using controllers specifically…

Thanks for compiling these threads.

I am taking a look a these issues and I am able to reproduce them. We will try to fix this as soon as we can.

Thanks for the reports!

6 Likes

I’ll add another controller based issue to the list. When changing tabs in gambling with a controller it crashes.

I am unable to reproduce this. Were you procing any abilities when gambling?

I don’t think so. I was reloading to refresh the gambler (yeah I’m cheap), so it was a fresh load with nothing used yet. I just tried repeating it, however, after removing all gear, and was not able to duplicate either. Then I attempted it with all my gear on, still could not. So I don’t know at this point.

Hey… Does patch H resolve your issue?

Hey, Yes, H fixed my movement based crashes for Rogue & Primalist movement abilities! Was never able to duplicate the gambler menu crash.

1 Like

I tested this for about 6 hours yesterday with a range of abilities that I hold down a controller button for and didn’t get a single crash. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.