Game Crash on Tornado with Controller

Hi, if i hold 3 bottuns at my controller and holding them for autocast, game will crash in certain areas rndmly!
Fix that plz, so i can play again ffs, its get happening since i use tornado with Maelstorm and Icy Thorns
As i used only Maelstorm and Icythorns for auto cast, i had never crahses so i think it has to be with Tornado issue.

I tested many things and yes the problem ist only Tornado this crashes my games, it crashes when u hold tornado and interact with npc/monolith/ monolith path and all over certain areas, game just freez.

Hey, Welcome to the forums

Sorry you are having hassles…

A few things please.

1. please can you update the title to say something more specific like “Game Crash on Tornado with Controller?” It will help the devs track the issue easier…

2. Please post your system informaiton, in-game settings and game logs/crash/error logs

3. Please can you post a screenshot of the skill trees that you think are causing this - sometimes the problem is the whole skill, sometimes its a combination of nodes…

4. If there is anything else specific like you say certain areas it freezes - can you list the places where the problem happens so that the devs can try and recreate the issue in the same place.

Thanks

Thank´s<3 u so much
Player.log (120.4 KB)
Player-prev.log (751.3 KB)

[quote=“vapourfire, post:3, topic:38359, full:true”]
Hey, Welcome to the forums

Sorry you are having hassles…

A few things please.

1. please can you update the title to say something more specific like “Game Crash on Tornado with Controller?” It will help the devs track the issue easier…

2. Please post your system informaiton, in-game settings and game logs/crash/error logs

3. Please can you post a screenshot of the skill trees that you think are causing this - sometimes the problem is the whole skill, sometimes its a combination of nodes…

4. If there is anything else specific like you say certain areas it freezes - can you list the places where the problem happens so that the devs can try and recreate the issue in the same place.

Thanks

IT happens in all areas rndmly, while holding tornado all the way i would do it with auto cast.

https://ibb.co/N3C02Nz

https://ibb.co/QcbXPqd

Thanks for all of this… Hopefully one of the support/devs will see this and check if they can reproduce the error…

Out of interest… when you get the “freeze” - what happens if you chose to wait for the game to recover - does it recover or does it stay frozen/crash? I have had this timeout message a few times in the game but I usually chose to wait and LE sometimes recovers after a little while…

I will now try out if it recover itself.

I had also other issues with freez but as u said it revocer itself.
But it is awesome that someone is interested in my issue<3, my buddy told me i should not have much hope, cuz less ppl play with controller.

It doesnt recover itself waited now 5min or more min as i was smoking and caming back no change still freezed.

Now it tooks my one second to produce freez just headout for monolith(level 70) progress, pressed tornado and other 3 spells i would let press for autocast insta freez as i moved one step foward.

This definitely sounds like a bug with the controllers and this skill / autocast…

BTW… there are lots of people that want to play with controllers so I am pretty sure EHG will want to fix any controller specific bugs…

@KissingAiur can you confirm if you guys know about this one?

Happaning now also with rogues shift… never had issue with rogue before 8.2, now i get crash if i shift out of battle, or rndmly in story…
Also since patch 8.2 controller support gets even worse.
I its also have an issue with the UI if i change between mouse and controller, sometimes my input gets buggy and i cant use skills, only potions, map, tp, and other stuff…
I use ps4 controller to play with.

Player.log (63.5 KB)
Player-prev.log (219.4 KB)

PS4 Controller ok…

Any chance you can post your DXDiag report file? It will contain specifics of your controller driver etc… and the diagnostic section at the end may have further clues as to what could be happening…

I have an laptop so it has bluetooth wich i can paar it with my ps4 like laptop would be an ps4, so i dont use any additional software to get controller work.

Please can you post the file while the controller is connected anyway…

There may be something with your specific controller setup that the devs will have to replicate. If they cannot make it happen on their test systems then it will be VERY hard for them to find the bug without your info.

I did a quick search on using Wireless PS4 controllers in Unity based games and there are quite a few very specific things that need to be done to ensure it works properly - it may be that this is part of what is happening to you.

Y sure i can post the file if u would knw where to find it ^^

Sorry… probably should have posted how

here my dx file.
But i doesnt had any Problems before Patch 8.2 and i played alrdy 8.1 200h with my rogue also played with controller so far till there.
DxDiag.txt (133.2 KB)

how are you autocasting on a controller, you using autofire feature on a controller or a program?

my game is crashing using abyssal orb but also with a Shaman as well, I think holding down any input while using a controller is somehow overloading the client and its freezing after a certain amount of time

i just press and hold the buttons by my self no third party programms.

Please refer to this thread for controller crashes: Controller based freezes and crashes in 0.8.2 - #6 by KissingAiur

Thanks!