Game freeze (only game) pc runs fine

hi together,

the game sometimes just freezes. the sound is running but nothing is moving until i close the game using the taskmanager. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest nvidia drivers. i cannot reproduce the issue. its in the middle of playing. no map change or something.
attached is my current dxdiag. i dont have this issues with other games.
i have also attached a screenshot of my taskmanager if the freeze occurs.
computer is running fine. the game just hangs.
and, i use a controller with steam. the new ps5 dualsense controller.

regards,
hans
Capture.zip (65.0 KB)

DxDiag.txt (124.3 KB)

I am having the exact problem you are buddy, and im starting to think it has something to do with the controller being used. I tried it on another laptop yesterday with no controller and didnt get any of these crashes. It sucks because the controller support for this game is what makes me want to play

1 Like

Hi there, I’m having this problem as well after using movement skills on controller. Here is a thread in the bug report forum talking about it.
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/shift-causing-crashes-since-8-2-patch

Hey, Welcome to the forums @wernfried and @DeadlySchmedly,

As @luciusftw mentioned this could very well be a controller specific problem.

The simplest way to test this is to unplug the controller and then launch LE and test it with the keyboard & mouse - if the same thing is happening then you may have a different issue… If the problem goes away then its likely that you are struggling with the controller problem that quite a few people are having

Please confirm this simple test… If you still have hassles not using a controller then I’ll try and chip in to sort those out…

Hi Vapourfire,

you are right. Happens only when I use the controller.
But its so unfrequent. Sometimes its x-times in a few minutes and then the game runs smooth for hours. I tried using DS4Windows to emulate my controller as a XBox Controller. That does not help. Someone mentioned it hapens when you hit a wall. I cannot confirm this. I try multiple time hitting a wall with lunge. Nothing happened. Very strange. :slight_smile:
I am using a dualsense PS5 controller thru steam.

Regards,
Wernfried

Hey… The devs just confirmed that they have been able to replicate problems with the game when using a controller - now we just have to wait until they can fix it…

You can see the thread here

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.