Year in Review: How Last Epoch Grew in 2020

Hey Travelers,

Thanks to your support, the team at Eleventh Hour Games has had the opportunity to pour ourselves into Last Epoch and its fantastic community during this turbulent year keeping our spirits up. We would like to extend a warm thank you to you all and recap how the game has evolved over the last 12 months.

Our main focus for the year was to raise the standard for Last Epoch - and I think our most recent additions have done this well. The revamped Temple of Eterra sets the bar for future zones (and updates to existing areas!), while the Rogue’s specialization trees, sound effects, animations, and visual effects are all much-improved compared to older content.

Throughout 2020, Eleventh Hour Games released an astounding 27 updates for Last Epoch! Six of these were major content patches that introduced key features to the game. In 2021 we’ll be continuing to balance our twin desires of adding new content and features to Last Epoch, and ensuring that our content patches also include updates to existing parts of the game.

• 0.7.6 - Jan 31 - Beta 0.7.6 Patch Notes
    • Created the Idol System
    • Improved combat responsiveness
    • Included the option to buyback from vendors
    • Reworked chapters 1 & 2

• 0.7.7 - Mar 28 - Beta 0.7.7 Patch Notes
    • Provided major graphics updates
    • Introduced shrine system
    • Included character introduction videos
    • Major performance optimization changes
    • Updated most existing UI
    • Upgraded soundscapes

• 0.7.8 - May 26 - Beta 0.7.8 Patch Notes
    • Added Chapter 8
    • Significantly overhauled Stash System
    • Added an In-game Guide System
    • Introduced Class-Specific Items & Affixes
    • New Mage Animation Kit

• 0.7.9 - Aug 4 - Beta 0.7.9 Patch Notes
    • Implemented Monolith of Fate
    • Introduced Tier 6 & 7 items
    • Improved Controller Support
    • New Sentinel Animation Kit

• 0.7.10 - Oct 7 - Beta 0.7.10 Patch Notes
    • Created Loot filters
    • Reworked Chapters 2 & 3
    • Reworked Defense Modifiers
    • New Acolyte Animation Kit

• 0.8 - Dec 4 - Beta 0.8 Patch Notes
    • Introduced the Rogue and two of her masteries, Marksman & Bladedancer
    • Added dual-wielding
    • Social systems - chat & friends
    • Launched new backend to support multiplayer, chat, and other social systems

Over the course of the year, we’ve also implemented 29 new skills that each came with their own unique skill tree, made strides in performance optimization, created 59 unique items and 23 set items, completely changed our backend tech stack to support upcoming multiplayer, and replaced our website as well as the logos we use for Last Epoch and Eleventh Hour Games.

Going into 2021 we will be focusing on multiplayer, optimization, expanding our itemization and end game systems, polishing existing content, and launching 1.0. Again, thank you all for your continued enthusiasm and support. We could not have made it through this year without you.

See you in Eterra,

Judd Cobler
Game Director, Eleventh Hour Games

52 Likes

Thx for your good work

Thanks for this amazing game EHG, happy 2021 to everyone!

3 Likes

Here’s to an awesome new year ahead!

:heart:

1 Like

Well done! Looking forward to 2021.

Happy New Year.

I know I’ve been a bit critical recently but only because I want the game to be the best it can be. Looking forward to all the changes 2021 will bring to the game, Cheers!

It’s been amazing being a part of this ride, and I’m so pumped to see what 2021 has in store. I believe in you EHG, and I’m looking forward to playing LE this year and for many years to come!

1 Like

Amazing year! Excited to play and cover LE in 2021… Happy New Year!

Best wishes for LE team and players this year.

Thanks a lot EHG for the great work, happy new year to you guys and keep up the great work, our faith in your project was well placed and still is today, no doubts about that !
And congratz again on all the work that’s been done this year. It’s amazing to see LE grow this well at such a good pace despite all the problems happening in the world right now

awesome stuff, hopefully 2021 is even better and the game ends up as one of the greatest ARPGs!

Love your game! Can’t wait for multiplayer!

Thank you for this awesome game, hopes for a happy and successful 2021 :blush:

Well done LE really is going from strength to strength each patch

Happy new year everybody!

That review of 2020 shows how great LE is evolving. Can you believe it: A year ago we didn’t even have idols…! Watching that progress is great. We already have an amazing game and there’s still so much cool stuff to come.

Also happy to see the community evolve! Love you all :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:!

I recently returned from a break since a few patches ago and am blown away at how much more has been improved/added/progressed! I think Last Epoch is certain to be a future GOAT contender :crown:

Absolutely looking forward to what you all will do for 2021. Thanks EHG!

The Rogue release really raised my expectations for this game, really hoping for updates to the other classes to bring them up to this new standard!

1 Like

the team have done an amazing job on this game in the roughly 1.5 years i’ve been playing, and this year has been really impressive. i’m excited to see what 2021 brings.

happy new year everyone!