Patch 0.7.6 will be live 2020-02-01T02:00:00Z and introduces the brand new Idol system!
Idols are items featuring exciting stats and passives designed to further buildcrafting and the item hunt. Additionally, we are making a large number of improvements to the game, touching on areas including combat, character control, enemy scaling, crafting, and more.
Idols are a brand new category of item that will allow you to further fine-tune your build with niche and class exclusive stats.
- Idols have their own 4x4 grid in the inventory for equipping, which replaces the quick stats panel.
- Idols will not be available right at the start of the game, and quests will gradually expand your idol inventory.
- Idols come in a variety of sizes from 1x1 all the way to 4x1 or 2x2, with bigger types providing higher values.
- Idols spawn with 1 prefix and 1 suffix, and cannot be crafted on.
- Some Idol types can only be used by certain base classes.
- You can now bind movement and using a skill to the same key (left click by default).
- When clicking on the movement icon in the action bar (like when you swap skills), you can choose between “move only”, “move or break destructible”, and “move or attack”.
- The “move or break destructible” setting will move you towards any destructibles the mouse is hovering over, such as barrels. You will use basic attack automatically when in range of the destructible.
- The “move or attack” setting will use your fifth equipped skill (bound to right click by default) when the mouse is over an enemy or destructible. Pressing Shift will stop movement.
- It is now possible to walk through your minions in and out of combat.
- Improved the mouse hover system (used for outlining and the top of screen health bar):
- You can now hover over enemies that are behind allies such as minions.
- You can now hover over enemies and allies that are behind hideable scenery.
- Improved the responsiveness of combat by greatly reducing the use delay of most skills. This means you need to wait less time after pressing a button for a skill’s effect to start.
- Small melee attacks (such as mana strike and vengeance) now auto aim if they would not otherwise hit a target.
- Fixed weapons with high ranges (such as Polearms) causing you to miss melee attacks against enemies that are very close to you.
- You can now buy back any of the last 20 items you sold to shopkeepers or the gambler. These items are tracked separately for each character.
- You can now pay a gold fee to restock the gambler’s items, which ranges from 200 gold at level 1 to 500 at level 50 and above.
- If you are three or more levels above a zone’s level you now receive less experience points depending on the level difference. This penalty does not apply to experience for skills.
- Enemies that receive a guaranteed stun or freeze during a movement skill are now affected when the movement skill ends, rather than being immune to the effect.
- The Poison ailment increases poison damage taken by 8% per stack (from 10%).
Chapter 1 and 2
- You now go directly to the Ruined Era in the Ulatri Cliffs, rather than first going to the Imperial Era. The Mountain Cave and Mushroom Farm zones have also been removed.
- The previous sequence was designed to introduce the player to many of the major time periods and factions, but we found it was often hard to understand and detracted from the immediate threat of the Void.
- Overhauled the layout of Last Refuge Outskirts.
- Added a new sidequest.
- The level is now longer overall, has multiple paths to explore, and has been improved aesthetically.
- Improved the design of the Council Chambers.
- Expanded and re-arranged the area near the waypoint
- Made the non-playable area larger to better convey the concept of the zone being a large amphitheater.
- Improved the overlook to Last Refuge Outskirts.
- Improved decoration in the Last Archive.
- Improved the design of the Upper District.
- Improved ground textures in Chapter 2.
- Improved the buildings in Imperial Welryn.
- Added a stash to the Outcast Camp, the Oracle’s Abode, Yulia’s Haven, and Heoborea.
Monolith of Fate
- Added 5 new Monolith mods:
- Enemies have thorns
- Enemies have armour shred chance
- Enemies have health and crit avoidance
- Enemies have glancing blow chance
- Enemies are deadly if not damaged recently
- You can no longer be offered a mod as an option in the Monolith of Fate if it is currently active.
- Monolith chest rewards now depend on the number of enemies killed.
- Added 6 new types of Forges to the Monolith of Fate (for a total of 12).
- Adjusted the enemies spawned by older Forge types in the Monolith of Fate.
- The experience bonuses granted by monolith mods are now more varied and generally higher.
- The “Cooldown Recovery Speed for Rares” monolith mod is now 33% more powerful.
- The “Increased Damage for Void Monsters” monolith mod is now 25% more powerful.
- Added 3 new Arena zones, with some new mechanics.
- Increased Arena wave scaling speed by 10%.
- Slightly reduced the xp bonus granted by reaching high arena waves.
- The Twinned and Fracturing monster mods no longer spawn in the arena, due to sometimes causing enemies to be present in the rest phases between waves.
- Enemy damage resistance now scales up at higher levels in addition to enemy health, but the effective health of each enemy is unchanged. If an enemy takes 60% less damage than before it also has 60% less health.
- Effects that scale inversely with enemy health, such as freeze, are more effective, especially at high levels.
- Effects that scale inversely with enemy health + protection total, such as shock, are also more effective, especially at high levels.
- Effects that scale with your damage, such as leech, are less effective, especially at high levels.
- Effects that scale with percentage damage dealt, such as stun, will function the same as before this patch.
- Re-balanced the damage and health of many enemies (and bosses) in Chapter 3, 4, 5, and 6 (from The Surface all the way through The Immortal Summit).
- Increased enemies’ effective health and damage at higher levels.
- About 10% more effective health and damage at level 50.
- About 20% more effective health and damage at level 75.
- About 30% more effective health and damage at level 100.
- Spreading Frost boss
- Increased the cooldown for duplication and dash abilities.
- Increased dash distance.
- Fixed its melee attack not being used.
- Fixed its backwards dash only being used at very close range.
- Skullen Pyromancers now have a different appearance, are more powerful, and have a new ability, but spawn in smaller packs.
- Updated the appearance of Giant Scorpions, and improved the damage indicator and sound for their tail attacks.
- The Wengari Matriarch now deals 10% less damage.
- The Death Screech ability used by Chimera enemies is now a damage over time effect. Previously was not damage over time, but hit quickly.
- Umbral Pursuers are no longer immune to freeze.
- New skill which is unlocked at Sorcerer level 20.
- Arcane Ascendance is an instant skill which when enabled grants a large spell damage increase, but prevents the player from moving and drains mana.
- Includes a specialization tree.
- No longer an equippable skill. Can now be triggered by a new Druid passive node.
Primalists will receive a free passive respec due to changes to Beastmaster passives.
- Most nodes have been replaced or changed.
- Features 4 new aspect buffs for you and your companions:
- Aspect of the Boar: Reduces damage taken and can be augmented to give bleed chance and increased bleed effect.
- Aspect of the Lynx: Increases crit and stun chance and can be augmented to give crit multi and leech on crit.
- Aspect of the Shark: Grants increased melee damage and attack speed and can be augmented to give armour shred chance.
- Aspect of the Viper: Grants poison chance and increased DoT and can be augmented to increase poison effect.
- The node that adds an extra maximum companion no longer has a downside.
- Nodes for single Companion builds now limit you to one Companion and significantly buff that Companion.
- Added a new node, Rootborn Wrath, which grants flat spell physical damage
- Added a new node, Thicket Blades, which grants increased spell physical damage and a chance to cast Thicket Blades when hit.
- Added a new node that increases minion physical damage and gives minions additional physical damage with melee and bow attacks.
- Blades of the Forlorn now also increases minion cold damage.
- Rite of Undeath grants 15 protections and 15% increased damage per point (from 12%).
- Tyrant’s Legion now also grants Skeletons 5% increased damage, but reduces health by 5% (from 3%).
- Putrid Retribution can now have a maximum of 3 points allocated (from 5).
- Added a new node that grants health and a chance to receive a glancing blow when hit.
- Divine Essences now increase protections rather than damage.
- Faith Armour no longer adds health (it still increases armour and adds crit avoidance).
- Removed the Righteousness node that gave various benefits after using a high cost spell.
- Overhauled the crafting window, redesigning its visuals to meet the standards of other pieces of UI while having its own unique flair.
- Suffixes and Prefixes are now color coded.
- Made the success chance display easier to read.
- Added animated details around the item you’re crafting.
- Polished the overall appearance of the window.
- You can now select modifier and support items by opening a flyout menu next to their slots. This means you no longer need to switch between inventory tabs to use crafting items.
- You can now switch between tabs (such as in the stash) while an item is held on the mouse.
- Items dropped from the cursor over parts of the inventory UI now return to their previous position in the inventory, rather than being dropped on the ground.
- The cooldown for a skill on its tooltip is now always displayed to the nearest tenth of a second. Previously the display rounded to the nearest whole number when above 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing Esc no longer closes the expanded minimap in the center of the screen.
- The offhand slot now displays a faded version of the main hand item when a two handed weapon is equipped.
- Stashing multiple of the same shard now makes a single notification with the number stashed, rather than making a bunch of +1 notifications.
- The character sheet’s entries for Bleed Damage, Ignite Damage, and Poison Damage now correctly reflect increases to bleed effect, ignite effect, and poison effect.
- Added a loading tooltip clarifying that armour shred still works against enemies with no base armour.
- Improved item names when the “length of item names” option is set to long
- If both prefixes are possessives, then the “'s” is removed from one of them (pyromancer’s captain’s -> pyromancer captain’s)
- If one of the suffixes is a gerund then it is placed inside the other suffix (of glory of blinding -> of blinding glory)
- In other cases the “of” in the second suffix is replaced by “and” (of sleet of embers -> of sleet and embers)
- Equipped items are now highlighted on hover, like all other items.
- Removed both hybrid glancing blow prefixes
- Added a Glancing Blow suffix.
- Added a set Glancing Blow prefix.
- Unlike other set affixes, set glancing blow can roll on more than four item types, however you can cap glancing blow with just four T5s.
Our goals in making these changes: (click to expand)
- Allow players more flexibility in choosing which item slots to use for glancing blow.
- Avoid making glancing blow affixes much more powerful overall
- Create ample opportunities for players to be glancing blow capped with multiple low tier sources of glancing blow rather than relatively few, significant sources of glancing blow or many low tier sources.
- Maintain or amplify the downside of removing a glancing blow item once you are capped, in order to promote item interdependency.
How these changes achieve our goals:
- Both glancing blow affixes spawn on more pieces of gear, and you require only four tier 5 set glancing blow affixes to reach the cap (from at least 6 affixes previously).
- The affixes are no longer hybrid, so they no longer provide health and armour alongside glancing blow chance. This means that despite fewer affixes being required to reach the cap, there isn’t that much more power per affix in the ideal scenario.
- Ideally you want 4 T5 Set Glancing Blow affixes, but if you’re not there yet, you can still reach the cap with just 6 T3 prefixes, or 5 T4s. You can also supplement that with a suffix or two. Previously you needed 12 T3 prefixes to reach the cap.
- Because of the set affix mechanics, if you have just four T5 set glancing blow prefixes and remove one, you drop to at most 63% glancing blow chance, taking 37% more damage from hits on average.
- New characters now start with Worn Boots, which do not drop and grant a small amount of increased movement speed.
- Added a new boots base type, Shrine Boots, which require level 58 to equip. They grant less armor and movement speed than other end-game base types, but reduce the duration of stuns you receive.
- Reduced sell cost of affix shards to 15 (from 200), to avoid players being tempted to just sell them rather than use them for crafting.
- Reduced the value of the protections while channelling affix by around 30%.
- Reduced the value of added throwing attack damage affixes by about 14%.
- Reduced the block chance of most shields, particularly high level ones.
- Increased melee attack speed and increased cast speed can no longer roll on amulets.
- The hybrid stun avoidance affix for amulets is now rarer.
- Added a new unique belt, The Scavenger.
- Added a new unique catalyst, Ignivar’s Head.
- Added a new unique staff, Plague Bearer’s Staff.
- The Claw and The Fang now allow you to summon wolves up to your companion limit, rather than just one additional wolf. However, they give slightly less health than before.
- Keeper’s Gloves now has an 8 second cooldown for summoning bees (from 15 seconds).
- Added a new node, Maim, which causes your Sabertooth’s Flurry Swipes to cast an additional time.
- Removed Frenzy Totem’s Unleashed node because it wasn’t working properly and we no longer like the design.
Aim is to add more build options while making the skill’s scaling more intuitive, modernizing the tree, and reducing the number of souls that can end up on screen in extreme scenarios.
- Increased base damage by 50%.
- The Possess ailment now scales with modifiers to spell damage and base spell damage, but deals 62.5% less damage by default.
- The Possess ailment now lasts 1.5 seconds (from 2).
- Added a new node that reduces mana cost and gives a chance to gain ward on kill.
- Added a new node that converts the base damage to fire and makes it ignite instead of possessing.
- Added a new node that increases ignite effect and duration.
- Added a new node that increases damage over time.
- Removed the Lich Skin node.
- Focused Wrath reduces cone area by 15 per point (from 10) and can have 2 points allocated (from 3).
- Grave Bond increases damage by 25% (from 20%).
- Great Soul increases damage by 25% (from 20%).
- Inspired Hunger grants 15% global increased damage over time per point (from 10%), can have 5 points allocated (from 7), and the buff is now reflected in the bottom screen UI.
- Isolation increases hit damage by 150% (from 100%).
- Life Hunt increased cast speed by 5% (from 4%), speed and range by 10% (from 15%), and can have 4 points allocated (from 3).
- Lament grants 5% chance to cast the Hungering Souls skill when hit (from 4%), but now reduces damage over time by 20%.
- Necromantic Emanation increases damage by 2% per point (from 1.5%) and can have 3 points allocated (from 4).
- Necrotic Pact adds 5 necrotic damage rather than increasing base damage.
- Risen Hatred grants 5% chance to cast Hungering Souls skill when hit (from 6%).
- Unholy Trinity grants 50% increased damage per point (from 33%).
- Caustic Wretches can have 4 points allocated (from 3).
- Decayed Mind can have 5 points allocated (from 8).
- Soul Swarm can have 2 points allocated (from 3).
- Reduced damage and freeze rate by about 17%.
- Added a new node that grants global increased stun chance per stack (behind the physical conversion node).
- Arctic Blast now grants 40% freeze rate multiplier per point (from 5% stated, 21% actual).
- Cyclone now converts chill chance to slow chance (as well as converting damage to physical)
- Eye of the Storm now increases damage by 18% per point (from 10%)
- Sleet-Footed now grants 15 dodge rating per stat (from 20)
- Whirlpool now grants 20% increased duration per point (from 25%), and can have 3 points allocated (from 4).
- Calm can have 4 points allocated (from 5)
- Gathering Storm requires 4 points in Turbulence (from 5)
- Turbulence requires 1 point in Whirlpool (from 2)
- Slightly increased the delay until you can next attack after using the Rive’s third attack, so that continuing into another Rive combo looks less abrupt
- 15 mana is now consumed whenever a Blood Wraith is summoned. You cannot go below -100 mana when summoning Blood Wraiths.
- Blood Weaver now grants 40% bleed chance (from 34%), can have 5 points allocated (up from 3) and also reduces the mana consumed when a Blood Wraith is summoned.
- Crimson Horror no longer adds a cooldown, but increases the mana consumed when a Blood Wraith is summoned.
- Plague Bearer can now have 4 points allocated and grants 25% chance to inflict plague per point (for a maximum of 100%). Previously the maximum was 105%, but plague can’t stack.
- Frozen Monolith now always freezes you for 2 seconds. Previously the tooltip stated 4 seconds, while the actual effect varied with how long Snap Freeze’s freeze duration was.
Sigils of Hope
- Casting Sigils of Hope no longer refreshes the duration of all existing sigils. We found this functionality to make the skill too powerful for relatively little investment.
- Characters with Soul Feast specialized will receive a free respec for its tree.
- The Damned ailment now connects to Hunger rather than Soul Seeker.
- Toxic Craving now gives 20% increased armour and poison protection (from 10% per point).
- Toxic Craving can now have one point allocated (down from 5).
- The buff from Toxic Craving now lasts 4 seconds (up from 2).
- Wrest requires 2 points in Soul Seeker (up from 1).
- The Thunder Totem node now grants a 25% chance to spawn a Thunder Totem (up from 10%).
- Characters with Summon Wolf specialized will receive a free respec.
- The wolf and companion limit nodes have been reworked. There is now one node that gives you +1 wolf and +1 companion, and another node that allows you to summon wolves up to your companion limit.
- Added nodes that allow the Howl ability to proc automatically.
- Added nodes that modify the effect of Howl.
- Added a node that gives wolves a chance to use Ice Bite, which has a larger aoe and converts their damage to cold.
- The positions and connections for most old nodes have changed.
- Tundra Stalkers now grants 10% chance to chill per point (up from 7%).
- Wraiths deal 40% more damage but attack 29% slower.
- Adjusted visuals.
- Echoes Inside now increased mana cost by 200% (from 50% stated, 150% actual).
- Locus Of Death grants 100% increased damage (from 40%).
- Skin Rags increases health by 50% per point (from 25%), but can only have 4 points allocated (from 5).
- Wraith Bringer grants 10% cast speed (from 7%) and 10% mana efficiency (from 14%) and can have 4 points allocated (from 3).
- Haunting can have a maximum of 5 points allocated (from 7).
- Adjusted some connections.
- Added a new node which increases damage while below 0 mana.
- Added a new node that allows you to Transplant directly onto an enemy at low health, killing it instantly.
- Reduced Hemophilia’s maximum number of points to 1. It previously was not working, and we determined it would be too strong with multiple points after fixing.
- Reduced the base damage of Transplant’s detonation by 50%. You can still cause up to 8 detonations simultaneously.
- Reworked the armour shred and fire protection shred part of the tree to apply armour shred and fire protection shred instead of reducing armour and fire protection. This is to improve compatibility with armour shred modifying affixes that are being added with Idols.
- Added a node that makes Vengeful Fighter’s damage buff apply above half health rather than below half health
- Shattering Blade grants the Iron Blade ability a 50% chance to shred armour on hit (from 20%).
- Vindicator grants 25% chance to use Iron Blade on Riposte Kill (from 20%) and can have 4 points allocated (from 2).
- Blade Assault can have 4 points allocated (from 2).
- Vengeful Fighter can have 6 points allocated (from 8).
- Reduced cooldown to 3 seconds (from 4).
- No longer has the Minion tag, meaning it does not scale with minion damage.
- Now has the spell spell tag, meaning it scales with spell damage.
- Reduced added damage effectiveness by 25%.
Aim: bring in line with other skills, associate pull more closely with high mana cost, and bring maximum movement speed down.
- Characters with Warpath specialized will receive a free respec for its tree.
- Added a new node that adds ignite chance and armour shred chance, but increases mana drain.
- Abyssal Flurry increases the frequency you cast the Abyssal Orb ability by 40% per point (from 25%), but can have 3 points allocated (down from 5).
- Endless Vortex increases pull area by 40% (from 50%).
- Iron Reach increases area by 15% per point and can have 4 points allocated (from 20% and 3 points allocated).
- Quicksilver Wind no longer increases mana drain and can have 5 points allocated (from 3), but grants 8% increased movement speed (from 20%).
- Unchained now increases crit chance rather than hit damage, and can have 5 points allocated (down from 6).
- Warbringer grants 100% hit damage (from 80%) and now grants 100% increased area, but no longer increases pull strength and requires 3 points in iron reach (from 1).
- War Forge grants 25 armour penetration (up from 15).
- Precise Spin requires 3 points in Quicksilver Wind (up from 1).
- Reckless Combatant can have 5 points allocated (down from 8).
- Rejuvenating Spiral can have 4 points allocated (down from 5).
- War Forge can have 5 points allocated (down from 8).
- Whirling Blades can have 5 points allocated (down from 6).
- Whirling Barrier can have 5 points allocated (down from 7).
- Zweihander Reichweite grants 35% increased area per point (from 50%).
- Changed a few node connections in the bottom right section of the tree.
- Summoned Weapons (from Forge Strike and other abilities) now follow you.
- Adjusted some damage over time spells and abilities to have a more normal base damage to added damage effectiveness ratio.
- Increased Cremate base damage by 18%.
- Reduced Fissure added damage scaling by 75%.
- Increased Hailstorm base damage by 1% and reduced added damage scaling by 9%.
- Increased Tempestuous base damage by 50% and reduced added damage scaling by 10%.
- Increased Tornado base damage by 50% and reduced added damage effectiveness by 16%.
- Increased Tremor base damage by 75% and reduced added damage effectiveness by 56%.
- Increased Twister base damage by 200% and reduced added damage effectiveness by 16%
- There is now a light above the player in all zones. Previously this was only present for indoor zones.
- Improved ambient occlusion, which affects the look of shadows. This will also solve some visual artifacting that occurred in these areas.
- Cosmetic pets will now vary their speed to keep up with the player and will teleport if they become too far away.
- Improved the visuals for several lightning effects that are created by skills.
- G’day! Improved Exsanguinous’ visual effects.
- Improved lighting on the character select screen.
- Improved the visuals for Magma and Oasian Gorn slam abilities.
- Removed Depth of Field.
- Added two new music tracks for Chapter 3.
- Added one new music track for Chapter 4.
- Added new sounds for successful crafts.
- Added new sounds for Molten Blade.
- Added new sounds for Rive.
- Added new sounds for Shatter Strike.
- Added new sounds for Volcanic Orb and Frozen Orb.
- Added a new sound for unlocking Mastery trees
- Improved the sound of spawning bees
- Replaced Shrapnel’s sound with a placeholder that’s less jarring.
- Charged Ground and Static are now quieter.
- Pyre Golems no longer make a sound when casting their fire aura.
- Reduced some sources of framerate stutter.
- Improved the performance of higher ambient occlusion settings.
- Greatly improved the performance of the login and character select screen.
- Greatly improved performance in the Last Archive zone.
- Improved performance in the Immortal Summit.
- Improved the performance of many Chapter 2 enemies.
- Optimized the visuals for Ephemeral Stance, Juggernaut Stance and Ravaging Aura.
- Improved the performance of Fireball, Glacier, Hungering Souls and Ice Barrage.