Patch 0.7.7 Is Now Available!
Patch 0.7.7 is now available for Windows and macOS! Due to a technical issue, we are still working on making this update available for Linux. We anticipate this happening next month.
|Table of Contents|
|1. New Features|
|1.2. Character Introductions|
|1.3. Steam Cloud|
|2. Graphical Updates|
|3. Skills and Specialization Trees|
|3.2. Specialization Trees|
|4.1. Item Sets|
|4.2. Unique Items|
|5. Class Passives|
|6. Skill Balance|
|6.1. Acolyte Skill Balance|
|6.2. Mage Skill Balance|
|6.3. Primalist Skill Balance|
|6.4. Sentinel Skill Balance|
|7. Item Balance|
|8. User Interface|
|12. Monolith of Fate|
|13.2. Other Enemies|
|15. Bug Fixes|
|15.1. Skill-Related Bug Fixes|
|15.2. Passive-Related Bug Fixes|
|15.3. Item-Related Bug Fixes|
|15.4. Quest-Related Bug Fixes|
|15.5. Zone-Related Bug Fixes|
|15.6. User Interface-Related Bug Fixes|
|15.7. Miscellaneous Bug Fixes|
This patch brings Shrines to the world of Eterra!
Shrines are magic constructs which spawn randomly and have random properties. The Shrines of each Era have different appearances and their own pools of effects. Shrines can bestow powerful buffs or valuable loot - will you risk choosing to activate them?
We previously posted the concept art we created for Shrines! This includes the model for each Era, along with how they update visually upon being used and their duration expiring. If you haven’t seen it already - or just want to see it again - you can find it here.
Prior to joining newly created characters in The Forest Trail, you will now be shown a video which explores that character’s backstory. These are voice-acted, and each class has its own video. It is possible to skip them if you would prefer to get straight into the action.
Last Epoch now supports Steam Cloud!
Steam Cloud will store progress-related data so that it is available on multiple computers. We will not be using Steam Cloud to save settings-related data such as custom keybinds.
To avail of this, you will need to have installed Last Epoch through Steam. If you purchased the game outside of Steam, Steam Account Linking will allow you to redeem access to Last Epoch without needing to purchase the game again. This will require reinstalling the game.
Note: Please see this support article for more detailed information on how this works.
We’ve gone through nearly every zone (Campaign, Monolith and Arena) and implemented a number of graphical changes, alongside adding new assets, improving layouts and performance upgrades. Highlights include:
- Greatly improved performance by rewriting terrain shaders
- Greatly enhanced lighting and color grading (including volumetric effects)
- More breakable objects, with new models and effects
- Overhauled chest visuals
- Improved textures for objects that are made of Void
- Improved particle effects and decals in zones
Skills and Specialization Trees
- The Lich class now has access to Drain Life.
- This is a channeled skill which deals necrotic damage over time to up to 3 enemies at the target location, leeching 30% of the damage done as health.
- Drain Life skill is unlocked by investing 5 points into Lich Passives.
- The Forge Guard class now has access to Smelter’s Wrath.
- This is a melee attack that is channeled for up to two seconds before dealing fire and physical damage in front of you. Channeling increases the range and damage.
- Smelter’s Wrath is unlocked by investing 30 points into Forge Guard Passives.
- The Void Knight skill Anomaly has been redesigned.
- Anomaly is now a combo ability; casting it a second time ends its effect early.
- The Acolyte skill Cremate has been removed pending a rework.
Note: We previously announced a third new skill, Spirit Plague. While this skill is still planned, we have unfortunately had to delay its addition to the game due to a technical limitation.
- Anomaly, a Void Knight skill, now has a specialization tree.
- Eterra’s Blessing, a Primalist skill, now has a specialization tree.
- Drain Life, a new Lich skill, has a specialization tree.
- Smelter’s Wrath, a new Forge Guard skill, has a specialization tree.
- Lightning Blast, a Mage skill, has had its specialization tree redesigned.
Patch 0.7.7 includes five new item sets and 10 new unique items.
- Added the three-piece ‘Forgotten Knight’s Regalia’ set.
- Added the three-piece ‘Last Bear’ set.
- Added the three-piece ‘Last Mountain’s Burial Garb’ set.
- Added the three-piece ‘Pebble’s Playthings’ set.
- Added the three-piece ‘Sunforged Masterpieces’ set.
- Added a new unique one-handed mace, Bloodgeon.
- Added new unique boots, Firey Dragon Shoes.
- Added a new unique belt, Jungle Queen’s Chaps of Holding.
- Added a new unique body armor, Kermode’s Cage.
- Added a new unique belt, Legacy of the Quiet Forest.
- Added a new unique ring, Liath’s Signet.
- Added a new unique relic, Ucenui’s Sphere.
- Added a new unique one-handed mace, Arek’s Bones.
- This item has temporary art which will be replaced in future.
- Added new unique gloves, Maehlin’s Hubris.
- Added a new unique ring, Heirloom of the Last Nomad.
- This item has temporary art which will be replaced in future.
- Juggernaut now grants 5 fire and void protection per point (from 4% increased armour).
- Overwhelm now grants 1 melee physical damage (from 5% increased melee damage) and requires level 0 (from level 10).
- Gladiator now requires level 5 (from level 0).
- Aegis of Renewal now requires level 15 (from level 10).
- Added more connections.
- Added a new top tier passive, Corrosive Consciousness, which grants increased spell damage and damage over time.
- Mind Over Body can now have up to 10 points allocated, down from 20.
- Rune of Awe now grants you and your minions 2 adaptive spell damage rather than +10% base spell damage.
- Added a new node that grants 1 adaptive spell damage and 3% increased cast speed.
- Archmage now grants 1 adaptive spell damage rather than +10% base spell damage, and the bonus is tripled if you have at least 200 maximum mana, rather than doubled.
- Increased the experience required to reach higher skill levels.
- Level 10 requires 7% more XP.
- Level 15 requires 19% more XP.
- Level 20 requires 33% more XP.
- Damned ailment
- Can now stack.
- Deals half as much damage as before.
- Now reduces enemy health regen by 20%.
- Increased the base damage of the Time Rot ailment by 50%.
Acolyte Skill Balance
Aura of Decay
- Aura of Decay is now unlocked at 10 points in Lich, rather than 15.
- Detonate Corpse is now unlocked at character level 20, rather than at 15 points in Acolyte passives.
- Defile is now unlocked at 15 points into Acolyte passives, rather than at 5 points in Lich passives.
Mark for Death
- Elemental Weakness reduces elemental protection by 100 per point (from 10).
- Gaze of Granite reduces stun protection by 100 per point (from 50).
- Metal Rot reduces armour by 100 per point (from 15).
- Weak Constitution reduces poison protection by 100 per point (from 35).
- Waivering Resolve reduces necrotic protection by 100 per point (from 35).
- Soul Feast is now unlocked at 15 points in Lich, rather than 10.
- Added a new node that increases the effect of Damned applied by Soul Feast.
- A New Master can have 3 points allocated (from 2) and connects to the new node, rather than No Rest for the Wicked.
- Casting Soul Feast again no longer cancels additional casts from Renewed Feast.
- Devour increases area by 40% per point (from 20%).
- Incision grants 15% bleed chance per point (from 10%).
- The ward generation penalty on Grim Affliction is now 20% (from 25% stated, 15% actual), and is now multiplicative with the ward generation bonus on Soul Bastion, rather than additive.
- Engorged can have 1 point allocated at maximum (from 3).
- Soul Seeker can have 4 points allocated at maximum (from 5).
- Renewed Feast requires 3 points in Grim Affliction (from 2).
- Increased the attack speed of Skeleton Warriors by 25%.
- Skeleton Warriors now alternate between two different melee animations.
- Skeleton Rogues now have 30% more melee attack speed.
Summon Skeleton Mage
- Gravetide now grants 3 adaptive spell damage (from 15% base spell damage).
Mage Skill Balance
- No longer has the elemental tag. Other elemental skills (which have either fire, lightning, or cold tags) do not have the elemental tag, so this could be confusing.
- Characters with Focus specialised will receive a free respec for its tree.
- Instant Mana nodes
- This branch is very strong when fully invested. However, the first node has a strong downside, which feels bad to take.
- Null Profusion grants 20% of maximum mana instantly (from 25%), but adds an 8 second cooldown (from 10 seconds).
- Null Infusion now also adds 1 second to the cooldown duration, and can have 4 points allocated (from 5).
- Calm Mind has been reworked, it can only have 1 point allocated and adds 3 seconds to the cooldown duration, but causes the mana gained from the Null Profusion and Null Infusion nodes to also be gained as ward.
- Lightning Wave nodes
- Most of these nodes were too weak to be useful, except for Unstable Energy, due to an oversight.
- The Lightning Waves cast by the Energy Overflow and Energy Battery nodes now scale with intelligence.
- Energy Battery grants 20% of mana gained as lightning damage (from 10%).
- Energy Overflow grants 8% of your maximum mana as lightning damage (from 3%).
- Unstable Energy has been reworked, and now increases the damage of lightning waves from Energy Battery and Energy Overflow by 30% while at max mana.
- Fixed a bug where Unstable Energy granted 10 times the stated amount of lightning damage.
- Other changes
- Desperate Meditation can have 4 points allocated (from 5).
- Inner Growth grants 6 health per second (from 5).
- Nerve Center increases the duration of ailments applied by Focus by 15% (from 5%), and can have 4 points allocated (from 5).
- Clarified several tooltips.
- Reduced the added damage scaling of the smallest explosion to 100% (from 150%).
- Reduced the added damage scaling of the largest explosion to 400% (from 500%).
- Reduced the base damage of the middle and largest explosion by 13%.
- Added a new node behind Teleport Strikes that makes Mana Strike auto target enemies close to the cursor, like how Rip Blood does.
Primalist Skill Balance
- Mana cost increased to 60 (from 40).
- Radius reduced by 9%.
- Damage increased by 25%.
- The patches from Roots of Lapp are now placed 5 to 6 metres from the centre (from 0 to 5 metres).
- The area penalty from Roots of Lapp is now multiplicative with the area increase of Grove Master, rather than additive.
- Frenzy Roots now grants 12% increased attack, cast, and movement speed (from 15%).
- Venomous Pack grants 30% poison chance (from 40%)
- Plentiful Thicket (+1 patch) now requires Overgrown Path (patches are in a line).
- Wardens of Farwood now grants your Spriggans 5 spell fire damage (from 25% base spell damage).
- Increased the base damage of Earth Spikes, Lightning Bolt, and Northern Winds by 35%.
- Apex Predator now grants 50% Ravage damage (from 30%).
- Ursine Heart now grants 40 armour and protections (from 50), and 4% increased armour and protections (from 5%) and can have 5 points allocated (from 6).
Sentinel Skill Balance
- Abyssal Echoes now benefits from added spell damage.
- Abyssal Orb has had its base damage increased by 67% and its added damage effectiveness reduced by 50%.
- Increased added damage effectiveness by 25%.
- Increased added damage effectiveness by 25%.
- Prismatic Fury now grants 75 Elemental penetration per point (from 25).
- Hope now grants 12% health globe chance (from 10%).
- Judgement’s range no longer scales with weapon range. Range scaling caused the skill to miss close targets when using polearms.
- Judgement now uses a slam animation with 2h weapons equipped rather than a forwards stab animation.
- Increased added damage effectiveness by 25%.
Ring of Shields
- Added a new node behind Touched by Fire that increases melee fire damage if you have used ring of shields recently.
- The Immolation node now scales with increases to damage over time and spell damage.
- Displacement’s health increase is now multiplicative and also increases duration by 100%.
- Defensive Shields grants 3% block chance (from 5%), but now also grants 30 block protection.
- Amass now also adds 5 mana cost per point.
- Aegis of Life now grants the shields 15% increased health effectiveness per point (from 10%) and can have 4 points allocated (from 5).
- Touched by Fire now grants 3 additional fire damage (from 4).
- Banding can have 5 points allocated (from 6).
- Healing Shields can have 4 points allocated (from 5).
- Martyr Shields can have 4 points allocated (from 5).
Sigils of Hope
- Increased the base duration of each sigil to 15 seconds (from 12).
- Word of Power now only increases melee damage instead of all damage.
- Descend now deals twice as much damage and scales with spell damage, but now adds 20 mana cost (from 5) and gives smite a 6 second cooldown (from 5).
- Righteous Flurry now also buffs cast speed (it used to only buff attack speed).
Base Spell Damage
- All sources of “base spell damage” have been converted to “adaptive spell damage”. This primarily affects items, as well as some skill tree nodes.
- Adaptive spell damage adds flat damage to spells. The type of damage matches the base damage of the spell it is applying to, meaning the same stat applies fire damage to fire spells, and cold damage to cold spells.
- Changed “chance to gain 50 ward when hit” idol affixes, to “chance to gain 30 ward when hit”, and reduced the maximum chance granted from a single Idol by 20%.
- Glass Idols can now spawn with a suffix that grants lightning skills a change to apply a spark charge on hit.
- Glass Idols can now spawn with a suffix that grants a percentage of your mana spent as ward.
Gambling and Vendors
- Uniques and Idols can no longer be bought in shops.
- Halved the chance of finding Unique or Set items via gambling.
- Items from the gambler now roll their implicit values when bought, rather than being visible beforehand. The possible range is showned before you buy.
- Items from the gambler cost 50% more gold.
- Items in the buy back tab now cost the same amount of gold that they were sold for.
- Added various color variations for armor models. We do plan to add more new models in the future, but this will help visual variety in the meantime.
- Health potions on the ground are no longer automatically used when at full health and full potions.
- Rebalanced the drop rate of items from all sources. We’ve added lots more breakable objects, so in general breakables drop less items while enemies drop more.
- Reduced the drop rate of Unique and Set items by 17%.
- Rare items are now slightly less common at low levels.
- Adaptive spell damage changes
- The base spell damage implicits on other caster weapons have been converted to Adaptive Spell Damage at approximately 20% of their previous values. This will provide the same damage increase as before.
- Obsidian Wands now grant 7 to 12 adaptive spell damage and 2 to 5 spell physical damage (from 45% to 70% base spell damage).
- Ice Sceptres grant 5 to 16 spell cold damage (from 25% to 80% base spell damage).
- Copper Amulets now grant 2 to 3 spell lightning damage (from 5% to 15% base spell damage).
- Noble Raiments now grant 2 to 3 adaptive spell damage (from 3% to 15% base spell damage).
- Increased mana regen can now roll on sceptres.
- Cold Stone Wands have been renamed to Obsidian Wands.
This patch features an overhaul of our user interface, with many individual UI elements such as buttons and sliders updated with a new design. This has not yet been rolled out to every UI window, however the majority of these have already been changed.
- The minimap can now have its zoom level adjusted.
- The zoom level is controlled by buttons within the minimap itself.
- The overlay map’s zoom level and opacity can now be adjusted.
- These are changed from within the settings menu.
- (The default keybind for this map is the Tab button.)
- Improved the appearance of the fog of war’s border.
The visuals for the action bar have been completely redone.
- The figures next to the health and mana globe match newer designs for those characters.
- The textures for health and mana have been updated, and the corresponding numbers are now shown inside of the globe.
- The overall layout remains the same.
- Added an arrow between the amount of protections you have and the percentages. This shows that the percentage is derived from the flat amount.
- Improved the explanation of how protections work.
Quality of Life
- The crafting window now automatically re-fills the modifier and support item slots with the last items you used.
- Support items are now disabled when using a Rune of Shattering, because they had no effect but would be consumed anyway.
- The number of shards you have is now displayed in the Crafting Items tab of the Inventory.
- Added a button to open the Crafting window from the Crafting Items tab of the Inventory.
- Controllers now require a button press to be ‘enabled’ after starting the game. This does not affect the ability to hot swap between inputs during game, but should resolve some bugs.
- The list of characters on the character select screen can now be filtered by base class or challenge options.
- Added an option to disable the profanity filter.
- Added a notification that will prompt you to press a button to start using a controller once it is detected.
- Improved the contrast between unlocked and locked Idol slots.
- The labels for each zone transition are now visible at all times.
- Added new loading screen art for the Council Chambers, Welryn, and the End of Time.
- There is now floating text when you pick up a potion, similar to the text for picking up gold.
- The menu button at the bottom now displays the keybinds for each window.
- The “show info” button in the crafting menu can now hide the info
- Notifications for skill unlocks, specialization slot unlocks and skill levels are now on the left side of the screen.
- Added volume sliders for Environmental and UI sounds.
- The default setting for each audio category is now 70%. All user’s audio settings have been reset to default.
- Replaced the sounds that play when enemies will hit.
- Added new ambient and environmental sounds to the first 4 chapters of the game.
- Added new sounds for breakable objects.
- Added a new sound for active waypoints.
- Added new sounds for town portals.
- Added a new sound for sorting items.
- Added new sounds for Primalist totems.
- Added a new sound for summoning skeletons.
- Added a new sound for Anomaly.
- Added a new sound for Detonate Corpse.
- Added a new sound for Eterra’s Blessing.
- Added a new sound for the Raptor’s Paralyzing Spit.
- Added a new sound for Soul Feast.
- Added new sounds for Tempest Strike and its proc’d effects.
- Added a new sound for Tornado.
- Replaced very old sounds on many skills with new placeholders. The old sounds were much lower quality, so using another sound made recently is better while waiting for new sounds to be made.
- Added new death sounds for many types of enemies:
- Gorns, Groles and Myrcfeet
- Forgotten Shades
- Featherless Raptors
- Soul Cages
- Added new sounds for Wengari Hounds.
- Added new sounds for Crow enemies.
- Added new sounds for Immortal Eye enemies.
- Added a new sound for the Ice Bolt used by Ice Golems.
- Added new sounds for Frozen Druid attacks.
- Adjusted the volume levels of various sounds.
- The “skill on cooldown” voice line is now only played when you press a skill button a second time. It won’t trigger if you were holding the button from a previous cast.
- All animations have been replaced for the Primalist.
- We plan to make further adjustments and then revamp the animations for all other classes in the future.
- Reduced the casting time for Reaper Form, Spriggan Form and Werebear Form.
- Improved the death animation for the Primal Scorpion so it lines up better with its Downed indicator.
- Camera lerping has been added. This makes the camera smoothly change between positions, which looks better. This is especially noticeable when using movement skills or quickly changing direction.
- The character select screen now zooms in on existing characters to display them in more detail.
- Adjusted screenshake for all player abilities.
- Osprix enemies in Chapter 1 and 7 now have all-new models and animations.
- Updated the visuals for each type of Forge you encounter in the Monolith of Fate.
- Added new portal visuals. This is used for the player’s town portal, as well as the Arena and Monolith portals
- Improved the visuals for all Primalist totems.
- Added new visuals for Anomaly.
- Added new visuals for Eterra’s Blessing.
- Updated visuals for Rip Blood.
- Improved the visuals for the Temple Guardian in the Courtyard.
- Improved the visuals for Idol of Loathing’s attacks in The Precipice.
- Upgraded the visuals for most enemies in Chapter 4.
- Magma and Aqua Gorns now darken when they die.
- Added runes to the sides of Jahith Bears.
Monolith of Fate
- Added a new monolith mod that increases enemies’ health and makes them focus on attacking players.
- Replaced the reflect monolith mod with one that gives enemies a chance to mark for death on hit.
- When a monolith timeline rolls a miniboss to kill as its objective, the miniboss has 150% more health (from 200%), grants 150% more experience (from 200%), and deals 40% more damage (from 20%).
- Added monster suffixes such as “high fire damage and fire protection”, for fire, cold, lightning, void, necrotic, and poison enemies. These suffixes only spawn on monsters of the correct element.
- Added a new monster suffix that makes enemies focus on attacking players.
- Increases to effective health and damage from area level now ramp up slightly faster, but the maximum increase is the same. This addresses an issue where reaching high arena waves was easier at lower levels for some builds.
- Increased the health of enemies in zones above level 25, up to 16%.
- Bosses and minibosses now take 40% less damage, but have 40% less health. This makes effects that scale with the percentage of an enemy’s health stronger, such as Freeze and Stun.
- Bosses are now more likely to prioritise attacking the player over attacking minions.
- Elder Pannion now deals 40% more fire damage, and 20% less lightning damage.
- Haruspex Orian
- 67% more health in the Ulatri Cliffs.
- 100% more health in endgame.
- 67% more damage in endgame.
- The Idol of Loathing now deals 25% more damage.
- Increased the health of the Wengari Raid Leader.
- Added Zombie enemies to Chapter 4.
- Added Beetle enemies to Chaper 1 and 4.
- Avian and Aviline Chimeras
- Now use rapid peck attacks more frequently, but normally uses a basic attack or two first.
- 25% increased movement speed.
- 30% increased attack speed with basic attacks.
- 20% increased attack speed with rapid peck attacks.
- Flame Gryphons
- 30% more health.
- Rare Flame Gryphons deal 10% less damage.
- You can no longer take multiple hits from a single eruption, which should make it much harder to be one-shot by.
- Imperial Assassin
- Increased size, damage and health.
- Now also have a dash attack.
- Now appear in smaller packs.
- Improved visuals, including weapon trails.
- Giant Scorpions no longer resist physical damage.
- Skeletons summoned by Bone Cairns have 33% increased attack speed and now alternate between two melee animations.