Huge UI Improvements Are Coming

Huge UI Improvements Are Coming

You know there’s a lot happening when a social post needs a table of contents! In this post you can click on each of the non-GIF images to see larger versions of them.

ACTION BAR CHANGES

STYLE UPDATE

We have been performing a UI pass to assess which parts of the user interface need to be updated stylistically or optimized for improved performance. We’re fond of the design of our action bar, but not how much space it takes up. As part of a future update, we’ll be adjusting it so you can better see enemies at the bottom of your screen.

The latest version of Last Epoch’s action bar.

[ Top of Page ]

UPDATING THE WARD DISPLAY

While improving other aspects of the action bar, we’ll be refining how it displays Ward. We’re sticking with our established method of having a single bar represent your maximum health in Ward, and increasing the number of bars as your Ward skyrockets upwards.

https://i.imgur.com/6LVRPy9.gif

How it looks when gaining & losing Ward.

[ Top of Page ]

NEW CONTROLLER VARIANT

Users of controllers will be getting a more compact action bar designed specifically for use with them. We may make additional adjustments as we continue to improve controller support across future updates. Make sure to leave us your #feedback-and-suggestions!

A paintover of three versions of our action bar.

[ Top of Page ]

NEW WORLD MAP

You may have noticed something on this page when we deployed our new website back in December! For several months we have been working on a very significantly higher quality world map to show off the world of Eterra in all its glory. The sheer scale of this artwork may not have been immediately apparent, so we’ve prepared a small teaser.

Here’s the small left-most island after you zoom in;

[ Top of Page ]

Removing the Quests Window

Alongside the release of our new world map we will be removing the dedicated Quests window and moving its functionality to the Map window. This will be one of several changes intended to help people better understand which zones each quest takes place in.

[ Top of Page ]

NEW CLASS PASSIVES WINDOW

We are designing a new layout for use by our class passives to make better use of the space available. The new window should look better aesthetically and feel less cramped.

[ Top of Page ]

LOOT LABEL OPTIMIZATION

In Patch 0.8.2 we’ll be updating the organization of loot labels to be more efficient. We do not anticipate any perceivable changes to their behaviour. This change will be most pronounced when a large number of loot labels are present on the screen close together.

To offer an example, when there are 140 items on the ground close together the update will cause their loot labels to take approximately 85% less frame time, heavily improving their impact on framerate. In other words, this process will be approximately 5-6 times faster.

[ Top of Page ]

52 Likes

:fire:

3 Likes

Fantastic!

the actionbar looks lit! great work!

1 Like

I’m really happy for the ward on the health bar and the new map looks awesome :D!

1 Like

Loving the map and the ward indicator.

However, I personally dont like it when action bars “float”.
It is so distracting.

Art looking gorgeous.

I really like the idea with the ward bar. The dynamic dividers are super pleasing!

1 Like

i’m also not really sure about the floating, need to see a screenshot of the whole screen to decide.

1 Like

D4 and POE 2 better start paying attention to LE! EHGs isn’t messing around! LOVE ALL THIS!!! :cupid:

3 Likes

This stuff looks sick. The polishing really takes off!

Although this stuff has no impact on the content, it adds a huge esthetic aspect. While you did nothing in terms of balancing or reworking the Primalist, I really enjoy playing him for the first time, all because of the new animations and skill fx.

Can’t wait have that stuff ingame!

really nice improvements! keep up the good work!

1 Like

Everything is awesome! :smiley:

Cool stuff!

All of this is great! Thank you all for the amazing work! This game has come so far and just keeps getting better! I can’t wait!

Whuup Whuup! New Stuff, Thanks Guys!

The Map alone made me almost faint. So fantastic.

WOW! Amazing stuff! Can’t wait to see it!

https://ibb.co/QXLBWHb
What is this?! hype

Looks good.

This is Sarno teasing most propably :D.

1 Like

You guys are so awesome! I hope someday you can implement char customization or gender options