Framerate

Please address the framerate problems with the game. I have an RTX2080, and I can not achieve 60fps stable even at the lowest level settings in 4K. Even on my 1920x1080 monitor, the frame rates are abysmal and fluctuate widely.

I have been writing render pipelines now for 6 years and I have never seen such crap in frame rates. Even on the RTX3090 at the office, I can’t get stable rates.

I would suggest using the SRP and diving into the Render Pipeline Scheduling I expect you are overloading the first pass, and if you are not using the Batcher make that a priority,.

Hey, Welcome to the forum…

LE has plenty of performance issues that improve with each patch - pushing it in its current state just highlights them more dramatically… The devs havent focussed on all/any of the issues specifically YET but I am willing to bet they may like knowledgeable input if someone wants to take the time to help in a constructive way.

If you are willing, maybe EHG could appreciate your input - See: https://support.lastepoch.com/article/175-contacting-ehg-about-performance-issues (there is a contact pop-up)… or @Sarno may be willing to redirect your input…

In my experience “Constructive” does not get shit done. Seeing this from the inside of a studio on multiple occasions, new features are always prioritized over stabilization and performance, because they do not translate to sales. If you are seeing low framerates you have already purchased the game. Unless the community makes it a priority, and Project Managers feel it is impacting the bottom line nothing will change.

This is shown in many titles, GTA Online load times for example. I know for a fact that they knew what could be done to fix it, but it was not deemed worth the cost to fix it. I took an external developer to fix it, and then they paid him 10K which is a FRACTION of what it was worth but within the needs of public “Face Saving”

To fix this is just running the Performance Analyzer and pounding on the pipeline, optimizing culling, and draw calls, with specific load levelling of the render pass. There is no magic bullet, just time, learning and improving.

Performance by design is something all studios have to deal with, it should be a priority, but it is not.

Maybe I am just getting bitter over time…

Well…

Not gonna make any excuses for anyone but I will point out that this is still an EA / Beta game so I personally am willing to cut the devs some slack… especially as they have not yet committed to performance/optimisation beyond general improvements with each patch… and the fact that they have limited resources…

If this were a launched game I would be pissed at the performance…

EHG have not let us down yet… For now I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt…

Well, i am not sure what kind of “expert” you are, but i also have an RTX 2080 and i am playing at 60 FPS without issues on my 1920x1080 monitor. I am playing with everything on “ultra” and i am even streaming with the same setup on twitch without big issues.
Maybe you should check your “attitude” and your “expertise”…

There are several performance improvements in development, two of which are highlighted below; the first from the February 26th dev stream, and the second was announced alongside the UI improvements coming:

Hopefully these, and future optimization passes, will address the games performance issues.

I reread what I said earlier and I am sorry man, I was a bit dickish and you were just trying to help.

2 Likes

No problem… No harm, no foul… and I have a thick skin… :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.