[Guide] How to improve your Monolith target farming (how to maximize usage of Vessels)

Quick Preface: Yes I am fully aware that this will probably drown out in all the debate about trade, but because of a lot of the discussions and comments in those trade threads make me feel like some people do not realize how well you can target farm during late-endgame in LE. (mostly interested for super rare uniques or multiple LP uniques).

:warning: Disclaimer :warning:: I would only recommend this strategy at at least ~300 corruption. The more the better. But you can also use this strategy, if you are very lucky and stumble across at least one Vessel of Chaos and one Vessel of Memory in a lower corruption timeline.

In this guide I want to explain how to manipulate the echo web to make multiple desired echo rewards (e.g. specific unique or exalted rewards) spawn and doing them multiple times by making the best use out of Vessels of Chaos and Vessels of Memory

Before going into the details we need to clarify a few fundamentals.

• Different echo rewards have different rarities (Rarities are more nuanced, but to get the point across it is enough)
    Common: Experience, Gold, Glyphs, Runes, Arena Key
    Uncommon: Idols, Random Unique/Set
    Rare: Beacon, Exalted Items, Specific Unique/Set Item, Golden Arena Key
    Very rare: Vessels

• There are two factors to increase the chance for the more rare rewards to spawn
    Corruption: How much corruption is present in the timeline
    Depth: How far away is the echo from the Starting Point

• Specific Unique/Set Rewards
    When talking about “specific Unique/Set Item rewards” I am refering to the Timeline exclusive echo rewards, that can spawn in different monolith timelines.
    Here is a List:
    Fall of the Outcast: Unique/Set Bows, Quivers
    The Stolen Lance: Unique/Set Wands, Sceptres, Staves, Catalysts
    The Black Sun: Unique/Set Helmets, Shields
    Blood, Frost and Death: Unique/Set Body Armour
    Ending the Storm: Unique/Set Gloves
    Fall of the Empire: Unique/Set Belts
    Reign of Dragons: Unique/Set Swords, Axes, Maces, Daggers, Spears
    The Last Ruin: Unique/Set Relics
    The Age of Winter: Unique/Set Rings, Amulets
    Spirits of Fire: Unique/Set Boots

General idea of the strategy:

• Uncover as much of the echo web as possible prioritising the deeper parts, hoping for as many Vessels as possible
  • Try spawning multiple rewards of a desired reward type
  • Complete these rewards multiple times

Vessel of Chaos

• Re-rolls all uncompleted regular echo rewards. This respects the depth of each individual echo, so deeper echoes have greater chance of spawning rarer rewards.
  • Since it only re-rolls echoes that are already uncovered you want to use this when you have uncovered as much as possible on the echo web
  • Before using a Vessel of Chaos, make sure there are no desired uncompleted rewards present on the echo web, since those would be re-rolled

Vessel of Memory

• Resets all completed regular echoes and Beacons. This does not reset other Vessels, the Starting Point and the Vessel itself.
  • Because of that, you can only continue travel through the echo web from the Vessel itself, the Starting Point or other Vessels that were previously completed.

Step by Step

1. Choose a timeline with rewards you want to farm (e.g. Specific Unqiue/Set Item rewards or if you only want exalted rewards you can choose a timeline that has desired a Boss Uniques)

2. Push that timeline to at least ~300 corruption, but the higher the better.

3. Uncover as much of the echo web as possible as far away from the starting point as possible and make sure to complete all Beacons as well. (Beacons sometimes reveal previously hidden paths).
    While uncovering the echo web try avoiding undesired echoes as much as possible.

4. Don’t stop uncovering until you at least uncovered 1 Vessel of Chaos and 1 Vessel of Memory, but the more the better. The pay-off is exponentially bigger, the more of the echo web you have uncovered and the more Vessels you ahve revealed.

5. Complete all desired rewards that are present on the echo web

:warning: Now the strategy will slightly change depending on your total number of Vessel of Memory

1 Vessel of Memory

1. Complete a Vessel of Chaos

2. Search for new desired echo rewards among all the uncompleted echoes that just got re-rolled and complete them

3. Repeat Step 6. and 7. as many times as you have Vessels of Chaos left.

4. Complete the Vessel of Memory

5. Complete all desired echo rewards

2 or more Vessel of Memory

1. Complete 1 Vessel of Memory

2. Complete all desired echo rewards on the most direct path (to complete as few echoes as possible)

3. Complete a Vessel of Chaos

4. Search for new desired echo rewards among all the uncompleted echoes that just got re-rolled and complete them

5. Repeat Step 8. and 9. as many times as you have Vessels of Chaos left.

6. Complete a Vessel of Memory

7. Complete all desired rewards

8. Repeat Step 11. and 12. as many times as you have Vessels of Memory left

:question::question::question:
Q: Why completing one Vessel of Memory at the start?

A: Naturally you will have a lot of completed echoes and entire sections in the echo web that do not contain any desired rewards. Resetting the entire echo web at the beginning and then only doing the desired rewards will lead to many more echoes being “uncompleted”, which gives the Vessel of Chaos a lot more echoes, that they reroll

This whole strategy is really hard to grasp if you are not used to using them like this.

But it is also really hard to showcase this with ingame footage, because all the steps are a lenghty process.

But here is some image to try showcasing how the echo web would develop while executing this strategy.

1 Vessel Strategy

Starting Echo Web

Complete 1 Vessel of Chaos

Complete the newly added desired rewards

Complete the Vessel of Memory

Reap all your rewards again

2+ Vessel Strategy

Starting Echo Web

Complete 1 Vessel of Memory

Complete all desired echo rewards (with as few echoes as possible)

Complete 1 Vessel of Chaos

Complete all newly added desired rewards

Complete another Vessel of Chaos

Complete all newly added desired rewards

Do the next Vessel of Memory

Reap all your rewards again

I really hope this guide is clear enough in text form.
I am inclined to do a video format of this, but nore sure yet.

Final Words:

Also do not forget to combine this strategy with the “% Inc. Increased Unique Drop Rate” and the “% Increased [Item Type] Drop Rate” Blessings, since they work together and will greatly increase you chances of randomly dropping your desired Unique/Exalted Items while doing this strategy.

If you have any questions about this I am more than happy to provide further detail about this.

What do you think of this strategy? Did you know it already? How much did you use Vessels before already?

Cheers,
Heavy

15 Likes

Heavy: goes in-depht with the guide
First comment: where bastion

Second comment: Where Exsang

You mean steps 6 & 7 here.

1 Like

The graphics are rad and demonstrate well how you can slowly fill your web with unique rewards if you follow the right approach.

Lizard provided general overview of how to gear your character on Reddit recently (and linked an old video of his) too.

Are you aware of a location which curates the community knowledge in one place (a forum post or web site)?

1 Like

@AndrewTilley has a dedicated section in his Community Game Guide containing all kinds of usefull ressources.

Here is a link of the 1.14 Helpful Ressources Section

4 Likes

In response to "where is " a certain unique, if you search lastepochtools.com and look at the Item Database, you can search for the unique/set/etc. you want and it will tell you which boss it drops from and/or which specific mono to farm for it.

Thanks! I only ever used it to answer specific questions and I’m not sure I ever read that far down the guide :smiley:

Update 12.02.2023

Added a new section for general information, before going into the details:

• Specific Unique/Set Rewards
    When talking about “specific Unique/Set Item rewards” I am refering to the Timeline exclusive echo rewards, that can spawn in different monolith timelines.
    Here is a List:
    Fall of the Outcast: Unique/Set Bows, Quivers
    The Stolen Lance: Unique/Set Wands, Sceptres, Staves, Catalysts
    The Black Sun: Unique/Set Helmets, Shields
    Blood, Frost and Death: Unique/Set Body Armour
    Ending the Storm: Unique/Set Gloves
    Fall of the Empire: Unique/Set Belts
    Reign of Dragons: Unique/Set Swords, Axes, Maces, Daggers, Spears
    The Last Ruin: Unique/Set Relics
    The Age of Winter: Unique/Set Rings, Amulets
    Spirits of Fire: Unique/Set Boots
1 Like

Thanks for the guide, I remember seeing a YT video of this method , but don’t remember the author.
Just a doubt , I think I know the answer but I have been wrong before , and I’m not an expert, exclusive boss drops like Logi’s Hunger , can only drop from the timeline boss? So you can’t target it through this method?

That is correct, but while executing this method, you will also will farm a lot of stability, so doing the timeline boss regularly is totally possible.

When doing that you definitely wanna try and plan around it and stack 5 enemy modifiers for some extra rarity to increase your chances for the rare boss drops.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.