Target farming echo rewards

Hey everyone.

I just unlocked empowered monoliths earlier today and started target farming some key items for my build. Now, boss drops seem pretty straightforward to me in terms of progressing through timelines. However, when it comes to target farming specific echo rewards, I’m not so sure what the best way to hunt these down is. As an example, I’m currently looking for Ferebor’s Persistence, a set ring that, according to lastepochtools, is best farmed from (“Unique or Set Ring” echo rewards) in The Age of Winter.

Now, is it more efficient to scour the entire timeline for those specific echoes, even if it means backtracking and looping around, opening up new paths that don’t yield as many rewards, or do I just progress through the timeline “normally” and hope I come across one or two of those echoes before I reset? Part of the reason I’m unsure is because I’m still on low corruption on all of my empowered timelines, so I’m debating wether I should prioritize that instead of doing tons of echoes per reset.

Curious how some of you more experienced players go about it.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

I tend to do a little of both. Also don’t forget to do the ones that give generic “set reward pieces as well” not just rings.

And if you’re really not having luck, you can farm the blessing that increases Ring drops (can’t remember which one it is in but it’ll be listed in LE Tools.)

When your build still feels strong enough to push further corruption you should definitely do that.

Just uncover echoes away from the starting point in one direction while taking all desired echo rewards on the way.
Don’t try major detours if they don’t have any good rewards.

Once the corruption starts getting too much and you feel the difficulty increasing too much you can.

The best way is: Go as far away form the starting point as possible. Echo Depth does significantly increase the chance for rare echo rewards to spawn.

So once you are on a high, but still comfotable corruption level, you can go far out in the timeline until you are very deep into the timeline (depths 15+).
From that point onwards you can go sideways in the echo web and try uncovering more.
The timeline stability that an echo grants can also be used as a reference if the echo is going deeper, sideways or shallower.

You will notice that the echo web creation will get worse and worse and less spider-web-y and more linear.

When you reached that point and did all desired echo rewards you can reset the timeline with a low corruption shade or the new Sanctuary of Eterra Node.

When you uncover a Vessel fo Memory or a Vessel of Chaos do not do them right away, wait until you uncovered as much fo teh echo web.
Vessels will exponentially become more valueable, the more echoes they affect, especially when you combine both of them.

I did a separate guide on how to use Vessels to their maximum efficiency.

TL:DR: Only do “uncovering” very deep into the echo web. Don’t uncover whoel areas in low and medium depth.

3 Likes

that’s some great input right there, thanks! So I just increased corruption in The Age of Winter to 137 and immediately got a reality check. I went from “basically untouchable” to “getting oneshot on multiple occasions” as soon as I started the new run with some nasty modifiers. So I guess I’ll go easy on the corruption pushing until I’ve acquired some more core pieces for my gear and some stronger blessings. Don’t want to create a difficulty wall for myself that prevents me from farming the gear I need.

Enemy Modifiers are much more important than actualy corruption.

While corruption does some %more health and damage and slightly increases the enemy modifier potency.

The enemy modifiers are the thing you need to keep an eye out.
The also get more potent when deeper in the echo web.

They also last different amounts from 3-6 echoes (indicated by the number besides them).
The echo in which they apear already count as a completed echo as well, so the maximum enemy modifiers that you can stack are 5.

Also completeing the 1st and 2nd quest echo or a Beacon does count as a completed echo and reduces the amount of echeos that modifers lasts, while not adding new modifiers.

So especially in Empwoered, where the 1st and 2nd Quest Ech oare not necessary, you can still utilize them for that.

Thats what the Sanctuary of Eterra Nodes at the start of the echo web are for, they can decrease your corruption by 10 or down to 100, or a value that bepends on how deep you are in already.

EDIT: Also when you enter en echo the monsters and objectives are randomly generated, you can also leave and echo and try again and you will get different enemies.

Yeah I’ve started paying closer attention to the modifiers after I got punished earlier. I found the ring in the meantime, following some of your suggestions. On to the next :slight_smile:

1 Like