Gear Farming Needs to Change

It does i agree. Which is why players have brought up CoF not affecting boss drops.

Some sort of rank even prophecies to help boost boss drop chance perhaps. Like a prophecy that say gives 15% chance or something

The probelm with this is, that the quality of the time spent farming heavily varies based on the applied strategy.

From all of the uniques you listed the only ones that are reliably target farmable (with 2LP) within 40 hour of playtime are Last Step of the Living and Exsanguinous.

All the other ones are not, even with very good strategies.

Exsanguinous and Last Step of the Living are even so easy that I would make the argument that you can get them in 3LP within 40 hours with the right strategies.

2LP Exsanguinous is very easy to get. Especially compared to all the other ones.

What is your stragey, how do you farm? How do you uncover and farm the echo web? What corruption level are you farming? What do you do with Vessels of Memory/Chaos?
Did you use economy Blessings for the random drop uniques? (e.G. %inc. unique drop rate and %inc. Ring/Body Armor drop rate)

I will provide my target-farming strategy. Any constructive feedback is welcome. I know some people have been playing LE for a long time and are far more knowledgeable than I.

1. Given my current gear I found the most efficient corruption for me to farm is 450.
  2. My basic strategy is to get as far away from the starting point as quickly as possible.
  3. I want to get to the echo boss as quickly as possible as I’d love to get a Shattered Chains with at least LP1.
  4. I bascially head towards the objective and kill whatever easy mobs I can along the way. I don’t focus too much on filling the kill bar.
  5. Unless it’s a great map I don’t use Vessels of Memory because it resets the map and delays me kiling the echo boss.
  6. I don’t see too many Vessels of Chaos, but I use them when I’ve uncovered a decent part of the map and there no echos available that will have a significant impact on me farming the gear I want.
  7. I have the uniques, daggers, and body armour Blessings.
  8. I prioritize prophecies for daggers, body armour, and rings, in that order.
  9. As they tend to take longer than others, I try to avoid Arena echoes.
  10. If I am close to spawning the timeline boss when I’m ready for the echo boss I will always run the echo boss first, then the timeline boss, then reset the corruption to 450 or so.

As far as Exsanguinous goes I already had two LP2s. Just none dropping during the 40-hour session. As for Last Steps of the Living I’ve had a lot of drops, but almost all of them are LP1, no LP2s.

Again, open to any suggestions.

Karpo

2 Likes

I was just about to write a feedback post on my experience progressing via both CoF and MG. I’m having similar issues, not getting an upgrade in ages. I actually had more LP3 in MG than in CoF. I had swapped back to CoF since MG trading is so clunky that I rather play the game than running around from vendor to vendor and taking forever to price an item. Having to equip an item I want to sell, in order to be able to see th stats while pricing is terrible. Some builds use +skills items and if u take it off u have to reassign them and figure out which point it took out.
I’ve been looking for a T7 Spell+Mana cost reduction on a Scepter for ages. I added it to all my loot filters when playing other classes and I’ve been looking for it since the game launch as it was my 1st character I made on Launch. I have 450h played (150 in Beta), so in lets say 250h played, I’ve never seen this T7 Affix. I’m about to hit Rank 10 just now in CoF, so that should double my prophecies farming. Maybe it will happen.
As you mentioned, it gets boring farming for days/weeks and no uprgades. There should be some changes her otherwise spamming monos for no rewards will lead ppl to quit. I may be more patient than others, because I think this game has huge poitential.
P.S - My keyboard’s letter E starting to malfunction. Sorry if there are some E missing :smiley:

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Criticism that’s nothing more than “I want to get the best loot easier” but pretending not to be isn’t valid, and shouldn’t be treated like it is.

So most of your points are very good, but there are two major things resulting from the following quote that are massively wrong

Do you kill the first Shade of Orobyss do you encounter or do you go far out in the Timeline and try killing one with +14, +16 or +18 Corruption?

The deeper the Shade of Orobyss, the higher the drop chances for its rare items.

On top of that, farming Shade of Orobyss is counter-productive to farming Unique/Set Echoes and Timeline Bosses, because Shade of Orobyss will reset the timeline, but the most effecient way to farm a timeline is to keep a very developed timeline.

Because the chance for rare echo rewards (Such as Unique/Set Body Armor) is massively higher for deeper echoes and if you constantly reset the timeline you always sepnt a lot of time in the very shallow part of the Timeline.

On top fo that the deeper echoes give massively more Stability, meaning you need over half as much echoes to completely fill the Stability needed for a Timeline Boss.

So even if Shattered Chains is a desired Item, I would not recommend killing Shades too often. When the alternative would be way more consitent and reliable last Step of the Living and Exsanguinous chances.

On top of that, if you have really really developed timelines and you do encounter a Vessel of Memory or Vessel of Chaos these are exponentially more valueable, the more echoes you have uncovered.

Here is a advanced guide on how to maximize your Vessels:

At the end of the day RNG is RNG and sometimes you are lucky sometimes you are not.
But over a long enough timeframe you can mitigate the worst RNG for the most part.

I have farmed 2-3LP Titan Hearts on multipel characters over the last few patches (even before 1.0 and CoF exsited) and because it is also a Uniqe Body Armour the strategy and timeline is the same for Exsanguinous.
While farming Titan Hearts I found dozens, if not hundreds of 2LP Exsanguinous.
Titan Heart is more common than Exsanguinous, but has significantly lower LP chance.

I don’t want to downplay your bad experience with the game systems, but I can assure you, you can reliably get 2LP Exsanguinous even with bad RNG within a few dozen hours of playtime.

I may not have been clear, by as quickly as possible I meant getting out as far as I can go. I don’t take the first opportunity I get. I keep going in one direction until I basically am blocked off from going further. As I said this is because the further out you go the better the chance of getting Shattered Chains.

My main focus has been on the three boss items, not the random drops. That is why I kill the timeline boss as often as possible, and then the echo boss once I am far from the center. The random drops I can still get from other timelines, which can’t be said about the boss drops. I know there’s a give a take, but I’m trying to get as efficient as possible in farming all three items.

Appreciate your feedack.

Karpo

No one is asking for all the best LP4 items to constantly drop. As someone else said, if you don’t have an anticipation that your next upgrade is coming, then you are going to stop playing. And 40 hours and counting is a lot of time to not receive any rewards for your effort.

Karpo

2 Likes

But that is the thing, you can combine very relaible Unique/Set Body Armor Echo Rewards with killing the Timeline Boss within 5-10 echoes depending on your corruption.

When you constantly reset your timeline you have way less chance for Unique/Set Body Armor nodes and need like 10-20 echoes for a Timeline Boss.

I think you should neglect Shade of Orobyss and only do it when the currentl echo web has nothing ot offer anymore.

The time you spent doing kidna all at the same time you easily would get the Boots and Body Armor multiple times already.

I’ve got three Twisted Hearts from Emperor of Corpses in my stash all with the CoF tag. If the CoF LP chance doubling doesn’t affect boss drops, any idea why they’d have the tag? Just for clarity, I don’t mean “Cannot be Traded” but specifically the “[CoF symbol] - Rank X” tag. They’re also not upgraded to legendary, so the tag’s not getting added from combining a CoF exalt with the base unique.

It’s my understanding that the Rank 1 double drop can cause the tag on a boss drop, as well.

I’ve read enough of your posts on here to start ignoring them. No offense.

2 Likes

Odd that it’d show up requiring Rank 5 if it’s the Rank 1 perk that’s causing the tag. (But also odd that it’s showing Rank 5 and the double LP chance is Rank 6.) Completely anecdotally, I briefly scanned through my stash and couldn’t find any boss drops without LP that had the tag.

But I guess either way, if the double drop perk is triggering on boss drops that still means something in CoF affects boss drops. Unless of course it’s not actually doubling the drop but still applying the tag.

You don’t see Rank 1 required on anything anymore once your account is past rank 2 or 3.

Same thing came to my mind today as I continued to farm for my primary character (after 1.0). I mean it’s OK if you got to spend time to farm stuff but it’s got to be fun and as far as I am concerned, I got to have the feeling that it’s somewhat reachable.
I had some idea about new crafting methods or something like a dungeon where you can fuse a certain number of uniques to increase their LP, maybe together with a special rune or something.
Something like two of the same unique with 0LP give you one with 1LP of that kind, two with 1LP give you one with 2LP while consuming a rune (numbers are made up).
I mean there’s always players with luck and players without and the latter should have some option to get a unique with targeted farmin (and honestly I wouldn’t consider running the e.g. Reign of Dragons Mono 40 times to get a 2P Uhkeiros asking too much).

Edit: It would also give meaning to all those low level or underused uniques lying around in a stash or being sold for 500g. I mean seriously, who’s ever going to use a 0LP Humming Bee. If I could “craft” or “fuse” my Humming Bees to a 3LP one and slap some interesting Exalted on it that would be way cooler.

3 Likes

Ah, I’d originally thought the rank required was the rank of the perk that caused it to drop, but I guess not.

Still, the more pertinent question is whether either of those perks are actually doing something to boss drops. I’m just curious if oldschooldiablo’s comment that they aren’t is confirmed or assumed.

The fact that the tag gets applied at all suggests that they are, so if they aren’t it’d be nice to get some clarification of intent and get it fixed one way or the other.

We get lots of drops without the tag. My understanding is that the tag is only applied when the drop is affected by one or other CoF perk, so CoF must be involved somehow.

That’s what I understood, too.

Pretty much what you said. I have played many arpg’s, but none of them offer a good way to upgrade when are in high end gear. All of the arpg leave you to the mercy of RNG drops, which is annoying.

I would love to see a way to increase the LP for an item in Last Epoch. It doesn’t have to be cheap or easy to do. Just give me a GUARANTEED way to a potential, LP potential in this case, upgrade. Something to work toward. That is all I need. A goal, not something based on RNG. For example, I use Reign of Winter bow. Finding that with 2LP or more, good luck, you might as well buy a lottery ticket. But to have a way to upgrade the LP would be awesome. I would happily put in the effort to do so. At least then I have a shot at something better in my life time.

4 Likes

I am able to take a LOT of RNG salt into my wounds but I hear you. I am currently on day ELEVEN of trying to get the helmet Prismatic Gaze with ANY LP and above the 2% minimum roll of flat critical chance. ELEVEN.

I kind of wish you would hit a node that instead of “set or unique helmet” would once in a while be “set or unique helmet requiring X level to equip” or… prophecies that tied rarity/level equip + LP. Any kind of creative solution would be helpful.

I had a terrible RNG/target farming fiasco in Diablo and now it’s like that but the pool of items is X 100. That’s the feeling anyway.

DAY ELEVEN. cough… cough…

I am not … twitching.

3 Likes