Can't get past character select

if I had a VPN to turn off, I’d try it that. it seems weird to make it past the initial login, only to fail to load into the world on a character. wondering if steam cached stuff it wasn’t supposed to, since it often holds onto preference data for various games even after uninstall / reinstall.

did another uninstall / reinstall, no change. no security software installed so not sure what other settings I can tweak :frowning:

Yeah I just figured I’d mention it because I would expect to have problems with it on not off, but turning it on fixes the issue. I still can’t connect without it on.

Having the same issue post 0.9 launch. Thankfully the vpn suggestion from shwaynorris allows me to play, but using a vpn to play is frustrating. Not sure where to even turn to for help with this kind of thing.

1 Like

I have the same exact problem, can’t get past the character selection, game gets stuck on loading/connecting then crashes. I’ve tried using a vpn and then it connects to the game normally, but I dislike playing while using a vpn, and if I close it after logging in, it just disconnects and then crashes the game. I live in Egypt and normally connect to EU servers and never had any problems connecting to any online games before, please help with this issue.

This was extremely frustrating to read since me and a LOT of other people still have the same problem of not being able to connect unless we use a VPN

1 Like

Same issue here, infinite map load screen after character selection, looks like VPN is the way to which makes no sense why I should use VPN to play the game…

Is this thread live? I have the similar issue with Last Epoch - Unity 2019.4.40f1_ffc62b691db5 crash after character select screen?

There is a link to reddit post with the same issue

1 Like

If you find something like could not resolve host or dns in your Player.log file https://support.lastepoch.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260805192629-The-Game-s-Log-File
Then you likely have a DNS issue. You can change your primary and secondary DNS servers to something more reliable than the default of your ISP (Google DNS for example). For those saying that VPN fixes the issue, a normal side effect of using a VPN is it using a different DNS server configuration.

Same issue, changed DNS and flushed DNS. Still loses connection after character selection.

Not sure where my player.log file is, but I already use google dns, and i still need to use a vpn to get past the character select screen, not to mention ive never had problems connecting to any other online game before…

Still stuck after character selection even trying changing DNS on adapter… can connect and play with VPN…

I was able to create a character no problem last night. This morning I was able to join no problem. Now this afternoon I’m having the same problem as described in this thread with the exception that connecting to a VPN doesn’t resolve it so I currently do not have a workaround to play.

An update for those also with this issue - I was able to fix mine by verifying game files in Steam. No idea why it broke, but that was the fix that worked for me. If VPN does not solve your problem, maybe try that.

Tried that with no luck sadly

I also can’t connect past the character select menu.
Player.log (56.5 KB)
Here’s my log, maybe it will help?

Same exact error log as me. Can play Offline, if i select offline during character creation screen. Integrity check passes. player.log shows:
The referenced script (WFX_LightCurves) on this Behaviour is missing!
UnityEngine.Resources:Load(String)
AbilityManager:get()
AbilityManager:EditorReset()

[ line 199]
(Filename: Line: 199)

Judging by the lack of reply from “technical support” in the 18 days since the topic has been opened, I don’t think we can rely on getting any help from EHG. I get that they are busy, but it’s not a good look.

they’re busy posting their 40k players online milestones and saying connectivity has been fixed for 99% of players to care about anyone posting on their forums that they still cannot connect to the game without using a VPN

2 Likes

I have purchased the early access 3 days ago after reading some good reviews. Unfortunately my game experience so far is the character creation screen, loading screen followed by connection lost message. Sorry but trying it to work via vpn or dns changes is not the way. With my current experience I cannot recommend this game to anyone yet…