Beta 0.9g Patch Notes

It’s a secret: If you are a ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ, you can ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ a ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ to have a ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ to ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ it’s ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ be ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ.

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ /

3 Likes

not sure for anyone else.but this last update felt like a huge improvement.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
cof>

1 Like

ʕ ʕ ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ •ᴥ•ʔ ᴥ•ʔ

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ(‘ω’)ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

1 Like

Since tonight, my offline characters keep reverting back when I restart the game. I lose all progress as if I haven’t played today. My save files in LocalLow show an updated last modified time, so not sure what is causing that.
Anyone else?

Oooo. I get this a lot. Thanks!

0.9G Offline characters are not saving. Lost 10 levels today when I logged out

“Desyncing” is a quite broad term, I’d have to know more about the specific behavior you’re seeing to be able to comment on it.

We are working on loading times; I think we commented on it in a previous post. Some players definitely experience longer loads than others.

“Lag” is again a quite broad term, a lot of different things get called lag. The performance work we’re doing will certainly improve some lag situations.

I am losing all my save progress whenever I log out. @Mike or any EHG staff, will this be addressed soon. I cant play at all.

Very sorry about this, we are aware of this problem for offline characters and will put out a fix as soon as possible. It appears to happen if you use the Leave Game button and then go back in-game. If this problem is happening to you in another scenario please let us know. Thread here

Thank you this rocks. Will make playing Sorc feel slightly less clunky and slow. I noticed this earlier but didn’t get around to making a bug report at the time.

Awesome.
This is huge.

LOL

Toucan play at that game miss!

I’ll let myself out.

EHG: Just got done with a 4 hour MP session with a buddy of mine I bought the game for. We’re running our Bowmages. Lag issues for 2 person MP have completely disappeared. Had one instance of no-clothes. Had two instances of no floor/land when first joining a new session. Shift +Mana node is now working. Flurry/Multishot arrows in MP now appearing. Duplicate characters issue solved.

Still can’t believe how fast you guys are squashing all these bugs. Great Patch!!

2 Likes

Some feedback after patch

Rubberbanding

• EU West (closest server). Much better, rubberbands rarely after Flurry and on small distance.
    But it start to lag (mobs stay alive with 0 hp / mobs teleports instead of moving / time between aoe display and attack shortens drastically) when you have big amount of dead mobs on the screen (maybe they generate traffic flood too?)
  • US East (helping dude from world chat). Major desync in Lagon fight! It didn’t display all my projectiles and some boss animations feels a bit off. Phase switch didn’t port character to tentacles area on client side and i just stand there for a minute looking on damage numbers popping from character. After minute it finally ported character to arena with laggy / 0 hp moving enemies. Transition back to Lagon was faster, but some waves still were invisible. Loot popped with several seconds delay too.

Temporal Sanctum

• T2 / T3. Julra didn’t drop any uniques. Isn’t she guaranteed to drop at least one LP1 unique?
    I had LP2 Reigns of Winter and exalted bow in inventory, maybe it’s somehow disabled unique drop?

P.S. Fingers crossed for stash category fix from Mike_W.
Nine tabs with uniques and sets sitting in limbo now :frowning:

A fix for the Offline save issue has been released. See this post for details.

2 Likes

Are you being intentionally obtuse? This issue is discussed all over the forums and in-game. The constant desync/lag where actions don’t appear when activated. I then stop touching my keyboard and mouse and watch my character jump all over the screen. It takes about 20-30 seconds for my actions to catch back up to real time where I am almost certainly dead. This is all done with a 40ms connection to the US East server…

The odd thing about it is using a VPN increases my latency, but removes about 75% of the desync/lag issues. Someone recommended it and I was surprised how much it helped.

Also is there ever going to be a US Central server? If there is one, then why does my game connect to East? I live near Kansas City, which would be ideal for a server. Heck Chicago would also be a good option.

Side effect of Thorn Shield’s targetting priority change

I don’t know whether or not this is on the radar of the devs or not but posting it here might make it more visible.

TL;DR Bleed Bear was made incredibly frustrating to play after the change to Thorn Shield, to the point where OP had to shelf the build.

1 Like

You should do some controlled testing and submit a bug report with behaviour you see, player logs, DxDiag before and after, character name, server region you were connected to time of game, etc.

Do the same test with both VPN on and VPN off and submit both sets of results.

This sort of behaviour can he very context and configuration dependent (and thus hard to replicate reliably on a different computer in a different location) so the more information and data you can provide, the more likely the issues you are experiencing can be resolved.

Pretty sure there is already, but there are some known issues with auto assignment of server region. You can add a vote at the top of my forum suggestion here

1 Like

Well its a nice patch and all but I ll be honest here, as long as we cant play on the servers that we should actually be playing, it doesnt really matter i guess… Im from SA and I have to everytime either find someone to pull me or play with at least 150 extra ms

Not fixed. Still happens very readily when playing in co-op. And nothing to do with Temporal Santum. Any character using a teleport ability anywhere will rubber-band 95% of the time. Affected all my group. Logging out and all of us restarting the game fixes it for about an hour, then it begins all over again. We experience no other rubber-banding or lag; it’s only when we teleport.

Not fixed. Very easy to reproduce with Warpath. Put this skill on your bar and tap it very lightly. You will now be stuck in spinning mode until you oom or use another ability.

Not fixed. Every time I log in, chat is re-enabled. Well the actual settings say “Chat Disabled” but all channels are ticked and I need to turn it off again to get rid of it. Every time.

2 Likes