New Bug Data loss 0.9 patch

Trying to transfer a Throne of Ambition from one char to another, pretty scary data loss problem (Offline). To clarify the item is not lost but nothing in inventory changes even if I pick up items. Inventory and character stash remain the same no matter what.
https://imgur.com/sLWyKRm
Tried also depositing the item, going to another zone and then switching characters. Not sure whats causing this.

This looks suspiciously like one of two old bugs.

1. I don’t know if it’s still part of MP but in the CT testing of MP there as a limit on how many objects you could have in stash. ‘objects’ means everything from shards to stash tabs to actual items. It was supposed to have a warning that would pop up and tell you your stash was almost full. But that warning never worked.

2. Another bug, might be related to 1, would cause the very last item you put into your stash to disappear. (exactly like what is in your video.) This won’t help you in this case but in the future, the work around during CT testing was to carry an extra worthless item (like I used to just carry around one arena key.) and if I moved stuff into my stash, I would always put that in last, then move it back to my stash.

I lost a pair of Shackles Gloves to the bug, so I feel your pain.

Sorry to clarify it only looks scary, the item is not lost. I relogin to Bowmage and the item is still there equipped on the character.

Further testing I went to Oasis zone killed some mobs picked up items. Back to char select and enter again, no items and no change.

1 Like

Oh, well that’s good. But it still looks exactly like that old bug. So maybe it’s just a visual issue right now, hopefully.

But, if you want to play it safe, that suggestion I made might prevent any heart attacks. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.