Cremate's Replacement: Infernal Shade

In Patch 0.7.7 we removed Cremate from the game as we weren’t entirely satisfied with its design. Our next content patch includes the revamped version, now called Infernal Shade!

Infernal Shade

Target enemy and all nearby enemies take fire damage per second. Each enemy can only have one infernal shade attached at a time. Expires after 5 seconds. Max 4 active shades.

[Alt] This shade cap is shared with Dread Shade.

Fire  Spell  Damage Over Time  Intelligence

https://i.imgur.com/Yw8Z0Uq.png

Infernal Shade

Specialization Tree Nodes

DEVOUR IN FLAMES
Can target your minions.

DEMONIC POSSESSION (requires Devour in Flames)
    The minion gains 4% increased movement speed, attack and cast speed per second per point.

COMBUSTION
Explodes in a large area of effect at end of duration, or when the target dies.

FLAME BURST (requires Combustion)
    +5% explosion critical strike chance.

LINGERING FLAMES
If no target is within range of your target location the shade will wait up to 10 seconds for a target to come within range and then attach to it.

PURGATORY (requires Lingering Flames)
    Infernal Shade gains 40% increased damage each second that it is unattached to a target.

HELLFIRE
You may cast Infernal Shade on a ground location without a target in range. Infernal Shade has a chance to shred nearby enemy fire protection each second, but has a cooldown (3 seconds).

FIEND HUNTER (requires Hellfire)
    [35%] increased cooldown recovery speed per point.

https://i.imgur.com/w53oVl3.png

Using Infernal Shade it’s possible to put the hurt on multiple groups at once.

https://i.imgur.com/D6Lu5sf.png

Alternatively, you can kill enemies even quicker by stacking the areas of effect!

14 Likes

It’s promising. :slight_smile:

I see some interesting combinations with Sacrifice, and Doom Brand (Dread Shade node).

Hmmm, sounds like a wimpier version of bone curse, just as fire… will have to see if i can fit it in a build.

1 Like

The crit seems kind of meme. Would like to see a node that drops it onto the ground if a target dies but with a decreased duration and a node that increases the attachment range per second its idle. Otherwise the 40% damage per second seems kind of lackluster.

I’m assuming here that the radius for attachment is not the entire screen with this feedback. If I’m incorrect that changes things a bit.

Looks cool, but I need more stuff for mage and sentinel or news on rouge!!

2 Likes

I need some mage elementals… would be nice to have an elemental following you around that you can change element with the skill passives just like how the elemental nova works

I like this concept a lot! Attaching a damaging persistent ‘haunting’ to enemy packs like this is very fitting and feels like it could be very fun.

well you’re in luck, the literal only ability we know the name of for runemaster is called “runic elemental”, so now all you gotta do is wait.

Looks cool, but what’s with all the focus on new, juicy Acolyte stuff? :face_with_monocle: :grinning:

whats with all the focus on Acolyte ? seems like only Acolyte is getting attention. What about some love for Rogue, Warlock & Runemaster

1 Like

What you don’t know is that they’ve been getting several new skills per patch & the devs who can play them are super hyped about them.

@Sarno, does it do a visible firey pulse when it does damage (indirectly showing the range without having to have a circle constantly)or do the mobs just take a puff of damage?

Interesting skill, will have to play it to see the applications. I have been super impressed with the uniqueness of the skills so far released for this class so I’m sure it will be fun.

Any news on when acolyte is getting animation update (like the other classes got)?

I wonder how this will play on a controller. Right now is impossible to target individual minions with skills. The primalist skill that heals is an example, even with the node that targets the minion with lowest health (it targets 90% of the time the main character).

I think the Warlock will have crowd control skills.

I hope the Team will to rework the anciant skills.

Some skills are must have in every build (Rip Blood giving Mana and Ward at will).

Others skills are underpowered, or synergyless (Hungering Souls for exemple).

That was a “bug” where the skill was looking at the primalist & his minions for the lowest absolute health (which is usually the primalist), I think they mentioned in one of the patches that they fixed that to look at the % missing health.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.