Auto pickup shards

It’s the most annoying mechanic that you have to click every single shard to pick it up. Please let us auto pickup shards, the same way as gold, it makes absolutely no sense for shards to manually click to pick up imo.

32 Likes

amen, plus 10, please this. Theres no logical reason to differentiate the 2, they are both account storage indiscriminate pickups. Ive heard an absurd excuse that they didnt do it because they want to slow us down, if thats accurate I think its a terrible way to do it.

1 Like

That is both absurd, as you say, and not correct. The devs view shards as pseudo-items which is why you have to pick them up and they go into your inventory rather than straight to the crafting stash. I don’t necessarily agree with that, but it is what it is.

You don’t, there’s a pickup radius so you have to click one ever pack of mobs you kill.

3 Likes

You don’t have to click each one of them you only have to click one from the batch drop and the whole batch will be looted automatically…

2 Likes

No shit Sherlock, it’s pretty obvious and not the point - 90% of the times you have to click single shards to pick them up, it’s an annoying and unnecessary mechanic and should be treated as gold

2 Likes

Name seems to be Daedon, not Sherlock and I’m pretty sure he shits. We all do.

Anyways, here’s what Mike had to say about this on the Discord:

We believe that it’s important for the feel of the game loop to have enemies fairly frequently drop items that you want to take an active action to pick up, but which you don’t have to take time to inspect to work out whether it’s good for you. However there are times where it feels bad at the moment, especially when it’s just one shard, so we’re planning to have them drop slightly less frequently and in larger groups on average. We’re also planning to add more of a sink for shards you don’t want, so that it feels less futile to have picked up a shard that you aren’t planning to use and already have hundreds of.

Source: Discord

2 Likes

Personally, I think it would be much more enjoyable for the game loop if the shards made a happy little ‘bing’ sound and shot into my inventory straight from the map with a wee ‘whooshing’ animation just like the ‘transfer crafting items’ button does. That would give the mini-dopamine fix we all crave.

6 Likes

The radius needs to be enlarged, quite a bit. Right now it seems to be just anything within “nearby” range, which is pretty damn small.

I think so aswell, i just wanted to make an account here to write that issue with the shards aswell. I would also love to see like in BDO a pet collecting them from the ground would be super good (but pls dont make them pay2win)

2 Likes

Oh hey it’s this post again.

1 Like

I think they should make enemies not immediately despawn on death and we should have to spend a minute harvesting the shards from their bodies instead.

4 Likes

Im fully aware of how the system works, however aside from bosses and those rare occasions where a elite pack drops a bunch together your still clicking scattered shards all over the place hundreds of times per session, multiply that by an entire league season cycle whatever u call it here. Completely unnecessary to do this, they arent items you filter or pass up, even though I pass up common ones now because they are out of the way which is precisely the issue here.

2 Likes

I really hope you are kidding, thats sadistic as fuck. This isnst Monster Hunter hahaha.

Yep, as long as this absurd mechanic is in the game we’ll keep seeing those posts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unfortunately, i don’t see a “Vote”-Button for this important topic, so please consoder my reply a “+1 vote” - -i would very much appreciate an auto-pickup-feature for shards!

1 Like

“I have to pick up items in a loot focused game” isn’t something I’d describe as absurd, but setting that aside, there doesn’t need to be a new post on this every other day when there are plenty of posts already complaining about it for people who don’t like it to participate in. Making a new one is just spam.

Given the recent influx of players and new feedback, we have recently discussed this again in a game design meeting. We are not interested in implementing this at this time. We may discuss it again internally but do not expect this to change by launch.

We believe that it’s important for the feel of the game loop to have enemies fairly frequently drop items that you want to take an active action to pick up, but which you don’t have to take time to inspect to work out whether it’s good for you. However there are times where it feels bad at the moment, especially when it’s just one shard, so we’re planning to have them drop slightly less frequently and in larger groups on average. We’re also planning to add more of a sink for shards you don’t want, so that it feels less futile to have picked up a shard that you aren’t planning to use and already have hundreds of.

10 Likes

That’s awesome Mike. Any thoughts on making the diameter range of the pick up a little larger?

Pretty sure I saw something to do with that going in recently.

3 Likes

There should also be a timing minigame and if you miss you don’t get any shards. If you miss three times in a row you fail the echo.

1 Like