When is it good not to pick up a shard?

In programming, many times minor things that have little impact on the software are a headache to change. Not sure how hard this would be to implement, but it’s moot because it’s by a design choice by the devs. Even if many people (including me) feel it’s pointless, it’s what the devs want. It might change in the future, but I don’t think it’s likely. It’s better to just accept it and move on (or draw your line on this issue and leave, also valid).

This is because people are constantly opening new threads about these issues that have been discussed for years, rather than simply chime in on already open and developed threads. All these arguments have been made for and against several times.

Which do you think will grab the devs attention more, especially now that the forums are flooded with constant new threads?
1- 1 thread that has hundreds of votes and people chiming in
2- Dozens of threads that have a dozen votes each

2 Likes

They really should implement a “vote down” option so the hundreds of repeated threads can get voted down and closed within a day.
Argh…

3 Likes

Pretty sure I talked to you before. You were explaining to people why it’s so hard to add more stash tabs. Was another forum.

Maybe in an old thread. But it’s a different issue. Adding more stash tabs isn’t a programming problem, you just need to adjust your limit variable. The problem is just one of performance if too many players have too many tabs. To be honest, I’m amazed they even permit 200.

I love this bit.

Minor for the player doesn’t mean minor for the coders.
High effort needed but low priority → not changed.

Simple as that.

Question answered?
If you screw up in your argumentation the proper way is to take a step back, acknowledge it was hyperbole and move on actually addressing the nonetheless viable point.

There is one in the last days? Haven’t seen it, anything in regards to shard pickup is new to me since release actually. Ah… I think I saw 1 post sometime.

Sometimes the argument is about something different which nonetheless affects the same topic though.
Hence it warrants a new one.

If it’s such a problem then the Forum needs to have functionality available to bundle threads about a often-talked-about topic together into a specific category. If something’s talked about a lot it’s after all commonly (with exceptions obviously) a point of controversy and warrants further attention to it over time depending on how large of an impact it has on the players.

Actually the first.
What should happen is both.
It’s a setup mistake of the system to evaluate issues, not a fault of the users.

I hope that only is the case for online, since offline it’s arbitrary as long as only the active tab is loaded and otherwise saved in a database to be pulled from.

1 Like

You consider the future of a game to be a dire issue? We are on a video game forum I guess…

I really do think this is the sort of stuff that kills games. Developers married to their ideas hell bent on defending stuff players don’t like. Seen it many times.

Edit:

The following is something a developer posted:

It actually IS the user’s fault… If you take a quick look, all said repeated threads are brought up mainly by new players who just started playing the game and did not care to do a quick search before opening yet a new thread about some issue that has been openly discussed since early access by Devs and the community.
This one, for example… OP created his account TWO days ago, and opens a new thread about auto-loot shards, which has been discussed for at least 4 years now.

C’mon, you don’t need to devil advocate on this… It’s simply good practice in forums to do a quick search before starting a new thread, since ever. :smiley:

1 Like

But without spending the time to personalize the loot filter, you will still miss something unless you look at every single individual item.

When it’s related to the future of the game in the forum of said game in a topic about a mechanic of said game.
Yes, obviously so.
Context matters.

I can absolutely agree to that!
At times there’s actual meaningful design choices behind it, and we just have ‘to get over it’. At other times it’s oversights, but really low priority in the flood of other ideas, fixes and improvements out there. So we have to wait.
And at times they simply fuck up and don’t see it.

Is there an open one available to post into? Topics get auto-closed after a while.

And hence are decrepit. Not viable anymore. Out of date. Dust and bones.

I agree! But it’s also important to take into consideration if you’re presenting an outright idea or if you’re voicing your frustration.
The first definitely warrants a new topic to put attention to it.
The second can be done in a pre-existing one.

Albeit some research into the topic on stances beforehand would’ve been good, also agreed.

You mean besides this one, this one or this one?
I didn’t bother digging any deeper. A couple of threads with a couple of votes, and a thread 1 year old with dozens of votes.

2 Likes

After at least three months of not getting any responses? Yeah. Some posts stay opened for a year even… I don’t know how it works, but every thread has this saying on the bottom…

Actually not… Hence reworked in several ways since EA to match the average playerbase needs to devs intents… looting shards used to be very different back then.

It depends on the category. Some categories are 2 months, some 3, some 1 year.

Maybe im just to young and i dont like to click on golds,shards every time they drop wich is every 3 mins in my runs of nono…trough my 130 hours gameplay i made 2 600 click (only bcs this type of loot) on my mouse. That is maybe much more than i did on cookie clicker last time or in whole playtime of csgo,cs2 where i have around 8k hours

I would completely relate to your post but since clicking one shard picks them all up, I don’t see the cause to be bothered.

That being said, I don’t see any reason I should be bothered if they added a setting you could toggle to auto pick them up. I like seeing them before my ONE click but if that’s too much for some, a setting to change it would be fine by me.

1 Like

+1 but also make gold autocollect ^^ it falls on the ground and then its autocollected like a magnet^^

I’ll pretend.

I guess this was addressed to somebody else:

Its probably a good idea not to pick up shards when you’ve been playing this game for while and you’ve exhausted most of your RAM because of the memory leak lol

You are correct. Shards should be like gold: proximity should automatically pick up and move to forge. There is zero reason to waste clicks on this (other than the aforementioned point that some people enjoy clicking more).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.