Please refund the gold spent in cycle stashes to legacy players' gold reserves

This is about the same thing as this thread

but I was told in the Discord server by one of the mods to create another so the problem gets more exposure.

EHG, it would help a ton if you could just refund the gold people invested into 1.0 cycle stash tabs to the legacy gold banks of players so we can at least buy back the storage we already farmed and paid for.
It won’t fix the problem with item sorting mentioned but it’s better than nothing.
Please don’t leave it at what it is for the 1.0 → legacy transition, EHG.

I know you had no ill intent but erasing progress like this in such a loot hunt game is just not good.

5 Likes

At this point I’d absolutely settle for this solution. I would also think it would be the easiest to implement technically for several reasons: No sorting functionality has to be built in, and if players already purchased new stash tabs in Legacy then this won’t matter, as it’s only the gold which is being returned.

I’m not exactly sure why a decision which has erased the results of countless hours of players’ time (in terms of the time spent getting gold for stash tabs) is not a priority 1 fix.

2 Likes

To be fair, I can understand that it’s not a priority if there are gamebreaking bugs or such… but yeah it should be addressed rather quickly.
What I do not understand is why some people are actively against this fix, when it won’t cause them any harm whatsoever…

2 Likes

I can agree with both your points here. Something that’s causing serious game crashes, gear duping, etc., are time-critical sorts of fixes. It would make sense to prioritize gold refunding after those types of issues.

One thing I’ve learned is that there will be some percentage of any gaming community that will co-sign literally anything the developers decide to implement. As in, the devs could devise a way to moderately electrocute players every time their character takes damage and some folks would be salivating over how it “makes the game more hardcore” or “provides an incentive for more skill-based play”. These people don’t argue in good faith and I generally choose to ignore them: It’s damn near impossible to reason someone out of a position which they didn’t use reason to get to in the first place. The stash tab/gold refunding issue is no different in this regard, sadly.

2 Likes

What? Where are these clowns? What a weird attitude…
It’s not like we’re asking for a gift here.

3 Likes

Literally everywhere, dismissing it as a non-issue with statements like

this isn’t a problem, just buy new stash tabs

and the like.
Seen it here, seen it on reddit, seen it in Steam forum discussions - everywhere the problem is discussed you will find this kind of comment, sadly.

Haha, so by this simpleton’s logic we have already solved the gold dupe issue as well. Just farm more gold to buy items at their new prices :smiley:

This is not talking against it but instead solely dismissive.

I did actively 100% the same as I couldn’t see the major issue with it given the reduced prices for tabs.
After putting them together for higher amounts though I’ve realized ‘it is an issue’.

Never said anything against it for example.

There is a difference between not caring about an issue (“It’s not big deal, just buy them again”) and being actively against it (“No, you should not get gold back, that’s a terrible idea”).

If someone is doing the first, it’s usually because it doesn’t affect them personally and so they don’t really care nor are they empathizing with it. These people don’t oppose a solution, they just don’t care enough to support one. Which is fine, it’s human nature. As long as they don’t get in the way.

If someone is doing the second, then they’re idiots. As we’ve seen in this thread, we might argue about the best solution, but I think everyone agrees that it’s not a fair situation. We might argue about whether you should just get gold back, or the tabs themselves, or whatever solution. We might also argue over the priority of said solution. But everyone agrees something should be done. Even people like me that are not affected by this.

Sadly, I don’t know if EHG will do anything about it for this cycle. The gold refund solution seems the simplest fair solution to implement and could have been done by now. The fact that it hasn’t and there’s been no communication to this end leads me to think that the only changes forthcoming regarding this will be for next cycle.
Hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

I hope you’re wrong, too. I am barely playing my cycle Mage because of the bad taste this has left in my mouth, as it gives me little to no confidence that my time and effort in-game will be respected in the future. I only rolled this character because of plans to do some coop play with a friend; otherwise I was planning to play my Legacy character and possibly roll other new Legacy characters. No way in hell am I doing that now, with the state of affairs for the stash being what they are.

Combine that with build/gameplay-breaking bugs for both my Mage’s Focus “Conveyance” node (often the charge-up breaks for no reason), as well as Teleport’s “Comet Rush” node (the Haste cooldown-reset straight up doesn’t work), and I can’t even make the build I desired to. (And no, I wasn’t trying to use both of those nodes at the same time. I transitioned from Focus/Conveyance to Teleport/Comet Rush after I ran into the bug with the former.)

Overall this leads to me playing for maybe an hour or two every few days, when I expected I’d be salivating over my next free moment to jump in-game.

I would also love to have this fixed. Paying twice for tabs shouldn’t be a thing. We should either get the refund in gold to re-buy the tabs or just move them over. Also I have a question about the 1.0 to legacy tabs. I am still moving items over from the 1.0 to legacy tabs. Will i lose access to the 1.0 tabs at some point and the items get deleted or is it permanent to have the legacy and 1.0 tabs?

2 Likes

We are still waiting for you to address this, EHG :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, sure.

There are a lot of things. A LOT of things.

I have played since official launch and tried this cycle as well. Love the idea, hope they keep going. This game however still feels VERY early access to me.

I wish them the very best. I will keep following updates etc. So many things seem so far behind though and the current speed at addressing them has left me venturing elsewhere so my precious time is best spent.

REALLY hope this game makes it though and they can clean up the rough edges, in general.

3 Likes

With the upcoming reset it would be a good opportunity to change your approach for this, EHG.
You can still refund the 1.0 cycle gold and please keep doing so for all upcoming cycles too.
Those who don’t play legacy won’t care but for those who do this is important.

3 Likes

Doing this would make more players continue their cycle chars in legacy, EHG :slightly_smiling_face: