PC Crashing after minutes into Last Epoch

I had no problems playing some hours after release. However, 2 days later my PC started crashing while playing LE.

While playing Sorcerer, it crashed after about 45min playing. At Warlock it didn’t crash.

Today, as Sorcerer, it crashed TWICE after less than 10min playing. Both at The Dreadnought’s Deck area.

My PC handles any other game extremely well, none of them crash and I play them at Ultra. Last Epoch is the only game I have issues with.

What is going on and how can this be fixed?

Already verified the integrity,
already uninstalled and installed the game,
and already updated my video card drivers,
it’s not any of those issues.

Edit: can’t get past The Dreadnought’s Deck area, it crashes everytime I go there.
Edit2: Installed a game booster, and as soon as I came back from another crash it started signaling high CPU temperature. I’m crashing because Last Epoch is heating up my CPU… but it’s a 11th Intel core I5, 11400F and my PC is a gaming PC, I run Cyberpunk at ultra, Last Epoch shouldn’t head up my CPU so much.

Same exact issue for me. New PC and bought the game yesterday. Crashes randomly locking the PC completely up, requiring a reboot. All of this on offline only mode. Set everything to minimum settings and windowed, and still the same issue. At the end of the night it wouldn’t even let me enter the game, just sits on the character select screen.

You guys aren’t alone. I tried everything to fix it, but it still freezes my entire computer. Posted about it here with logs: Complete PC Freeze (all files uploaded)

Same issue, running in a RTX 4060 and i5-13600K.

Same issue here !

Same here, no issues on launch but now the game crashes my system violently. no freeze, no fps drop, it just crashes and restarts. dont have the issue in other games like Cyberpunk or Enshrouded.

Exactely what happens to me! I play Cyberpunk at max settings, I play WoW at max settings. Those crashes must not be related to my hardware, but some incompatibility.

I’m still stuck in areas in the game where I can’t go or I’ll crash, so I can’t progress.

You know, I bought the game in 2021 and eagerly waited for the official release. It’s frustrating that I can’t play properly.

Update.

Installed a game booster, and as soon as I came back from another crash it started signaling high CPU temperature, over 97C.

I’m crashing because Last Epoch is heating up my CPU… but it’s a 11th Intel core I5, 11400F and my PC is a gaming PC, I run Cyberpunk at ultra, Last Epoch shouldn’t heat up my CPU so much.

I really don’t wanna start Last Epoch so I won’t damage my PC, but I want to play the game and I’m stuck like this.

Experiencing the same. Would love to see a reply regarding this issue from the company or perhaps a refund offer.

Thank god i found this thread, thought my pretty new pc already began to give up.
Been playing LE for about a year without issues until the time you notice yours.
Always used ultra settings, now im down do capped fps and lowest graphics ingame.
Monitor dies and all i can do is to shut down the pc with the power button.

GTX 3070 ti
Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz
16 GB Ram

Wow, same for me. New pc and everything runs fine, but playing my sorcerer I get continuous crashes, varies between 1-20 minutes but it will always end up crashing in the end.

Is this the Unity error? Because we have got some threads already but 0 answers from the team :confused:

Literally causing green screen crash after 5 minutes of playing. I’ve tried everything…

Similar issues playable for 10-20 minutes, then a crash to desktop.

Hello ? Dev team ? Any answer ? My PC rebooted when im play LE , what is this ??? Can you answer? Its real problem if you game heat CPU or broke anything , and at all, we all like you game ! Answer PLZ!

I’m having the exact same issue. Out of nowhere I get a black screen and have to reboot my computer.

I have the same issue with my new PC its really making me very upset gpu temperature very high even when on “very low” setting up n game please help

same here, a few minutes of gameplay then a sudden crash, rtx 4070 laptop 1 month old

Had no issues up until today, now it crashes quickly. Seems to be unity crashing, errorcode 0xc0000005 and 0x80000003 coming up in windows event log.

After yesterdays update, the game runs for max. 5 minutes, then crashes hard, even crashing other apps with it + resetting Nvidia graphics settings, which i have corrected to see anything, because game is too dark for me.
Tried to run it alone, same. Crash every few zones.

Can’t play atm at all :frowning:

Updated to latest Nvidia drivers. no solution.

Can’t even read the little message-window which appears when the crashes occur, due to it being too shortlived (something with Unity…).

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Last Epoch.exe, Version: 2019.4.40.50731, Zeitstempel: 0x62a10ee1
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: d3d11.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.3636, Zeitstempel: 0x70aaae07
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000012c6e0
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5708

possible solution:
Someone over there at Steam spoke of an Opera GX problem and i tried playing LE with my normal Opera Browser closed. No crashes so far!
Don’t know what happened yesterday with LE or Opera. I had not this problem the days before.

Nope just 2 lucky “longer” sessions it were :frowning:
Thats not the root of the problem.

Edit:
Playing now 30 minutes without a problem after todays patch! THX

Edit: Ok, this session was longer, but then after 35 minutes:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Last Epoch.exe, Version: 2019.4.40.50731, Zeitstempel: 0x62a10ee1
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: d3d11.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.3636, Zeitstempel: 0x70aaae07
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000012c6e0
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x57d0

AGAIN!!!

Edit: This seems to have to do something with KB5035845 MS update from 12.03.
I tested other games and they all out of the sudden crash with the above mentioned error within d3d11.dll, which was changes in that MS Security-Update.
Maybe someone can confirm, who has this problem & installed the update too.

So the DirectX problem seems fixed after that and the windows event manager now shows:

ame der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Last Epoch.exe, Version: 2019.4.40.50731, Zeitstempel: 0x62a10ee1
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: UnityPlayer.dll, Version: 2019.4.40.50731, Zeitstempel: 0x62a11020
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000466dfa