PC Crashing after minutes into Last Epoch

I have the same problem. I tried different graphic configurations and it doesn’t matter with all of them, I currently have a ryzen 7 3800x 16gb of ram 3200mhz and an rtx 3070. When I bought the game in 2020 I played a few hours and I remember that the same thing happened to me, at that time with a Rx 580 board. Sometimes the game restarts my PC, sometimes the screen goes black and forces me to restart, sometimes it freezes and forces me to restart. Sometimes it does it to me in monoliths and other times when I’m closing the game.

Edit: I deactivated the xmp profile and it was stable for a few hours, I thought it was solved, but today the same thing happened to me again

I got some freezes too and its so annoying. Replying here to boost the topic so devs see it and get a sense of rush to fix. Dont know if it has something to do with memory leak that people say it happens during monos

I am in the same boat as the rest of you with my Ryzen 5900 and RTX 3080ti. It plain crashes my computer so much that it cant even create a dump file. Just goes black and restarts after freezing streams and other open stuff for a few seconds. Only playing offline.
Checked temperatures with hwinfo and nothing extreme. Updated all drivers and BIOS/UEFI. So frustrating. Can play between 5-20 minutes before crashing computer.
Adding to all the above now my last character plain dissapeared from my character list after my last crash this morning. Level 40 something marksman just dissapeared.
Second edit. Got my character back after seeing the character save was corrupted but the backup file was ok. At least that is something

Unfortunaly, I’m having the same problem, my specs are: I9 10900KF, RTX 4070. Only started happennig after the full release, never froze in the early access.

Tried everything from updating drivers, cleaning out PC, reinstalling game, ect. The issue ONLY happens for me when I enter a zone called the Armoury, all of my monitors turn off but PC is still running. Loved the gameplay up to this point so a little disappointed I can’t play further.

SAME HERE. Can’t play the game for 14 days now.
A Windows update, which i cannot uninstall, updated D3D11.DLL & now the game crashes after few minutes with a Unity error.

ONLY SOLUTION i had was to manually copy AMDs DXVK files directly into the Last Epoch steam folder (where the main .exe sits).
Now the game runs fine without crashes, but the game stutters terribly.

Ryzen 5900X, RTX3080 10GB, 32gb RAM. 100% stable PC build. I was getting consistent video crashes, forcing a hard reboot. Tried a lot of the troubleshooting steps I’ve read on this thread, with the only solution for 100% stability is to drop to the lowest video quality and 1080p resolution. GPU-Z while playing this game shows even at those settings, the card is using 7GB of VRAM…at the lowest settings! Horrible graphic coding for this game.

I cannot believe nobody can be bothered with addressing this issue. My computer…let’s just say, brand new, probably built to be a viable gaming platform for another 6-8 years. Custom built no expense spared.

• Verified game files (no issue…like that is correct)
  • Uninstalled reinstalled…not corrected
  • All drivers, etc up to date

Game literally crashes repeatedly (my sessions if lucky, last a max of 30 minutes until a hard crash back to Steam).

As mentioned above…whatever little white/ error screen window that pops up is gone in less than 1/2 second. So unable to decipher what the ‘crash/ error’ code or reason is.

Can we please get some support or attention to this?
Thanks…

2 Likes

Same problem appears after last two big updates, latest update just make things even worse, game worked perfectly before. Now i have freeze, BSOD or Engine error after ten minutes.

I recommend people test their system for stabilty. I just recently went through a CPU RMA on a 13900ks. seemed stable in most games, in windows and for some reason, last epoch and poe were heavy offenders for crashing. I went on a hunt looking for possible reasons, reinstalling windows and games and downclocking ram and whatever i could do to try to zero in on the issue. In the RMA process, they had me run the AVX2 test in intel XTU and it failed on some attempts but not others. Like some others, I was thinking it was LE based on the general mess of the game. Got a new CPU and no crashes. moral of the story, although i don’t think the game is perfect, recurring crashes are probably on the users side.