Complete PC Freeze (all files uploaded)

le_graphicsmanager.ini (482 Bytes)
Player.log (1.6 MB)
Player-prev.log (92.9 KB)
DxDiag.txt (95.7 KB)

Issue: Game freezes up the entire pc and I’m forced to hold my power button down to restart PC
When: Started last night after hitting lvl 65 during monoliths

Hello,

I’m at my wits end here, so I’m posting here. My PC is fairly new and this is the first time I’ve had a game frequently lock up my entire PC. I was able to level up and reach monoliths, but that’s when the issue started to occur (around lvl 65). It started happening every few hours, but now it’s occurring every almost immediately when I engage enemies in a monolith. Here’s what I’ve tried:

1. Lowering all graphic settings, resolution, and turning on VSync with fps cap at 60
  2. Loaded as administrator
  3. Verified integrity of files
  4. Reinstalled the game
  5. I was planning to do this anyway, but I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows
  6. Reinstalled all drivers and graphics driver is up to date
  7. Ran sfc, chkdsk, dism, and memory diagnostic (no errors)
  8. Updated BIOS
  9. Checked temps and overclocking: no overclocking and temps are low (no overheating)
  10. Bought 3DMark and ran multiple stress tests on both GPU and CPU, and both completed and scored well

For a moment, I thought that either the CPU, GPU, or memory had become faulty. However, after running the stress tests multiple times and playing Enshrouded on max settings for multiple hours, I don’t think the hardware is the cause (but I could be wrong?). I’ve uploaded all the files, so I hope someone has some insight into what’s going on.

Same issue here, I’ve got this video evidence of the crash.

Same issue here

Tried everything still crashing.

CONFIG :

-RX 5700 XT THICC III
-Processor INTEL- Core I5-10600KF- 4.1/4.8 GHz
-TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (Wifi)
-RAM Corsair Vengeance 2x8Go (16GB)
-OS Windows 10

Have you tried yo uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ under 2015 and installing the 2015-2022 x64 and x 86 version?

Glad to know I’m not the only one experiencing this. Thought it was my hardware too, then did some digging around, it seems to be fine. I’ve tried all the things you have, plus a few more,
Roll back driver
DDU GPU driver and reinstall.
Turning off MPO in windows,
Enabling XMP,
Disabling XMP,
Disabling Core Isolation and Memory Integrity (With my limited tech knowledge, I thought it may be trying to push the game into a virtual instance causing GPU driver timeouts),
Undervolting GPU,
Modifying GPU power limit within AMD adrenalin.

I also ran a stress test and played some other games, no issues.
Thought it might be related to having a web browser open on my second monitor, but It happened again even after closing the browser and all other applications. Also tried with the second monitor turned off.

Just adding a comment here that I’ve been having the same problem with last epoch. I’ve been running all kinds of stuff and other games without issue, but last epoch makes my computer crash completely and reboot. I lost my level 76 hc character to a black screen crash, so the game also doesn’t detect crashes/dcs I suppose

I feel you guys. Sorry about your HC character, OTTERSage. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I’ll try Nathanos21’s suggestion and come back here with the results.

Update.
So I don’t know if this has been patched or if it was attributed to my troubleshooting, but i have been playing now for about 30 mins without the crash that happened pretty much instantly before.
I’m not sure why this worked, but I changed the channel each of my individual sticks of ram were in, so basically each channel has 1 stick.
I verified to see if I could also play with XMP enabled now for another 30 minutes, also no issues.
This may not work for everyone and is a super weird interaction, but hopefully it will help someone.
I had no issues on any other games, maybe due to the nature of the game being developed on Unity, it requires more ram than the other games I play which caused it to reach some sort of tipping point where it crashed my system.
If this doesn’t work, maybe you can further compliment this by running a memtest and checking for ram stability rather than GPU stress tests.
Edit: Sorry i just realised it said you ran a memtest, my bad. But yeah, still might be some weird interaction with ram.

1 Like

Thanks Codemonkey. I’ll give this a shot long with the latest C++ Redistributables downloads after I’m done with work in a few hours.

Hello everyone :slight_smile: I have the same problem. I tried to remove all the old Microsoft C++ and add only the new ones 15-22. But it doesn’t help, the game still crashes. But what’s funny is that my PC crashes only on bosses in Monalite at 60+ levels. I don’t know what to do, it’s maddening
config if interested
1080 msi gaming x
i7 8700
16gb ram
win 10

Update:

1. Removed and reinstalled current C++ Redistributable
  2. I currently have my RAM set as Dual Channel (one in each channel)
  3. I also lowered the frequency of the ram from 4800 to 3800
  4. Lowered the ram frequency to 2800

Still feeezing after each attempt.

I still haven’t given up. Ran UserBenchmark and everything checked out.

Also ran SpeedFan to create a log for temps. Seconds, GPU temp, CPU Cores
59839 65.0 21.0 24.0 31.0 24.0 31.0 23.0 24.0 22.0 23.0 23.0 23.0 23.0 22.0 22.0 22.0 22.0

Here are the latest files:
Player.log (123.8 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (484 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (96.0 KB)

I’m open to any other ideas. I might have some other RAM laying around I could try. In the meantime, I’ll just play Enshrouded.

Probably last update:

I’m playing on Geforce Now streaming service. Paid for a subscription and the quality is great. I’ll continue doing this until a possible fix.

I’m having the same exact issue. It started a few days ago, and has happened at least 5 times already. In all of them, I had to press the Power Off button, as I couldn’t simply restart it.

My PC specs are:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
32GBs DDR4 RAM, 3200MHz
RTX 3070

Setting graphics to Very Low and lowering the FPS limit to 75 didn’t help, unfortunately.

Also, so far, this issue has only happened with Last Epoch. No other games had this.

Having a similar issue.
Player.log (2.2 MB)
Player-prev.log (5.3 MB)
DxDiag.txt (101.6 KB)
Also, I thought it may be overheating issue, but running Prime95 and Furmark for an hour and no crash.

@jwei92 @Rivnat I feel you guys. If I happen to stumble upon something that works, I’ll post it here.

Just also wanted to update on my situation, mine is a lot more stable now after the RAM fix I explained above, but as of recently I am suffering some similar crashes again (Specifically on desert maps for some reason). I think the RAM thing might have just been a coincidence and they could of possibly just pushed a build that was a bit more stable.

Apparently during the beta there was lots of talk of memory leaks, I also came across a post this week which also stated that. I did a lot of research because it was bugging me to no end, won’t bore you on the details, but memory leaks can cause GPU instability… The GPU tries to perform an operation, there is not enough memory available, the driver times out waiting for it, which causes a black screen and the driver trying to reclaim functionality.

See Potential memory leak over time

I’ve read enough to stop stressing that it is my hardware or something on my end now and just accept that it might take some time to get fixed, really does suck though cause it’s such a great game.

Update!

Updated to the latest NVidia driver. I ran memtest86 on my memory, which passed on both separately. I cleared the CMOS and reset the BIOS.

Now the game is working fine! There has been no freezing or crashes within the past few days. I’m unsure if it was reseating the memory during memory tests, clearing the CMOS, resetting the BIOS, or NVidia/Last Epoch updates that fixed the issue.