Passive Node Ideas - Rogue

I think you just describe the Nightblade from Grim Dawn (Phantasmal Blades + Shadow Strike), that I really like. It would be cool to see that in LE.

For Marksman:

I like the idea that a marksman should have a skill that can spec his arrow (like a basic auto attack) or at least a skill base on his weapon (Bow or Crossbow) so here i am

-Arrow spread (Shoot a single arrow that separate when hit an enemy and spread on nearest enemy)

-Velocity Arrow (Pull the mob in the area where the arrow hit)

-Impact Arrow (Pull back enemy on hit)

-Large Arrow (Shoot larger arrow that damage enemy in line)

-Snake Arrow (Shoot snake instead of Arrow that damage nearest enemy)

-Infinite Arrow (Shoot arrow that can return to the quiver damaging enemy on his way back)

-Cloud Arrow (Shoot an arrow that can summons a cloud on hit who shoot X number of arrow on the area)

-Bait Arrow (Shoot a bait on a arrow that Woke up the hunger of animals) <= the idea is to summons a pack of wolf for certain amount of time or bird or even worm idk but i think its more clear if i explain here

-Illusory Arrow (Arrow no longer deal damage instead it pass through enemy… Enemy explode when a certain amount of illusory arrow have hit them)

-Thread Arrow (Arrow now can be threaded together damaging enemy while they walk on the thread) <= here again idk if im clear enough so my idea is to on hit arrow can be threaded with a thin thread (limited to a certain amount of arrow that refresh at every new arrow) That can cut the enemy while they walk on it

-Atlatl Throw (No longer use a bow or crossbow instead use an atlalt to throw giant arrow) <= i advise you guys to see what is an atlalt i really think that it can be fun on a node or… it can clearly be a weapon short range but piercing effect are real with that

For now i will stay on that much i’ll come back when i have more idea about arrow of course i just describe the effect im not talking about balance and damage or affliction here im just talking about what the skill should do… Also i will not talk about “Fire arrow explosive arrow freezing arrow” thats something evryone think off when they talk about Marksman…

MARKSMAN

Frozen tipped arrows

a ice tipped arrow that deals cold damage and has chance to bounce to a nearby enemy depending on your chill chance each sucessive bounce reduce the chance of bouncing again by 20% but each sucessive bounce does 10% more damage. if the arrow doesn’t bounce it shatters and deals increased cold damage equal to half your chance to chill.

• keen sight
    each sucessive bounce your ice freezes time and give you 2% increased attack speed for 4 seconds stacking up to a maximum of 30%.

• retrieve
    arrows can now rebound off of you but no longer shatters each time they hit you reduce your armor by 2% /1%/0.5% for 4 seconds up to a maximum of -30%.

• shattered dreams
    arrows bounce is no longer based on chill chance and bounces a maximum of 1 times but always shatter at the last bounce and shatter area is increased by 30-60-90%

• immolate
    bouncing arrow and shatter damage is converted to fire and chance to bounce is now based on ignite chance. every sucessive bounce increases ignite chance and damage by 10%/20%/30%/40% instead of damage.

Rigged Arrows
shoot arrows rigged with explosives that sticks to the ground or an enemy then detonate them when the time is right dealing fire damage in a radius from the arrows shot. shoot an already rigged target to detonate all the arrows.

• timed blast
    the arrows now detonate after a 3 seconds timer instead and can no longer be triggered by shooting the same target twice and ignite on the initial hit.

• magnetic charge
    rigged arrows no longer stick to the ground and damage is converted to lightning. targets are now pulled towards one another and discharge a lightning blast in the radius when they reach each others. (blast happens after 4 seconds if no other targets are hit)

• energized
    targets hit with magnetic charge are now bursting with electricity damaging targets in their path.

BLADEDANCER

Moon slash
a melee slash so quick and precise it sends an air wave forward in an arc after 2 seconds dealing physical and lightning damage.

• flurry
    moon slash wave now fires instantly but only deal slightly reduced damage.

• full moon
    moon wave no longer hits at range but hits in a circle around you instead. it no longer deals physical damage and deals 5/10/15/20/25 base lightning damage.

• moon glow
    when you hit with full moon you leave a soothing reflection on the ground of the same size as full moon area that increases life regeneration for you and your allies by 20/40/60 per seconds as long as they stand in the reflection.

the numbers are really just place holders i gtg so ill finish adding ideas at another time :sweat_smile:

That’s exactly what i thought about the falconer and why i opened this thread to read. :nerd_face:
I would do it somehow like this:

1. Falconer Mastery Bonus: You become one with your Falcon.
    → Your Falcon is allways there and don’t need to be cast.
    → Your Falcon can Lunge (try any fancy kind of movement attack for the Falcon here) and melee attack with his claws. (He can much more later with the right skills which are all there for you AND the Falcon. [and some of them for MP too])
    → Your Falcon has the same char stats as you have.
    → If your Falcon dies, you die. (while all things like potions, regen, heal, ect working for both of you :fairy: )

2. Falconer Skill: Falcon Nest
    → You say where your Falcon shall build his nest. (falcon flies to target location, when his nest appears) 10 Seconds cooldown, you can have 1 nest at time. If your falcon is in range (10 m) of the nest, it spawns a permanent babyfalcon (minion with 10 % of all char stats you and your falcon have) every 4 seconds. You can have 2 babyfalcons.

3. Falconer Skill: Swoop!
    → At your command ALL falcons Swoop! at the nearest enemy. 4 seconds cooldown.

4. Falconer Skill: Emergency munch.
    → You and your falcon consume a babyfalcon to regain health and mana over time for 5 seconds. 20 seconds cooldown.

5. Falconer Skill: Falcon Song Toggle.
    → If on skillbar, you can toggle between 10 % falcon attack speed or 15 % movespeed (yours).

6. Falconer Skill: Hatch out.
    → You release another babyfalcon. (among other things max babyfalcon increase within this skill)
    maybe funny skillpoint → you can target partymembers. With left click another babyfalcon will follow him (up to 3), with right click another babyfalcon will withdraw and follow you again.

7. Falconer Skill: Transform to a Griffin.
    → Your falcons are impressed by you and gain 50 % base chance to crit and 50 % MORE health.
    → On Griffin Form you loose all your resistances and gain 50 % movement speed.

8. Falconer Skill: Peck!
    → You do a fast melee peck (requires 2 handed weapon). Halves damage, doubles attack speed.

Certainly for all these skills (hopefully more coming soon) are skilltrees needed, maybe someone could imagine what kind of… :thinking: …it could be on each case. Suggestions are welcome.

I would love to see an option to play with Ningu’s (like ninja’s) with rogue.
Throwing does sharp projectiles with attack speed in a spreaded area would be really cool and unique in an arpg like this! I think it really fits the style of play of the blade dancer

For Falconer, I don’t know… Maybe renaming into Huntress then adding some more pets (Falcon, Fox and Viper) and then add Throw Net as a starter Skill (very useful for root enemies in place) and then add lots of bonuses towards Pets no matter if player character is Melee or Ranged

In my opinion rouge and archer should be different classes.
Both should use a bow if they want, but they have different ways to go through.

I’m a very big fan of piercing projectiles but I find there is a lack of this in LE and it is not utilized in most builds since points need to be allocated for damage to survive higher levels of play.

Marksman Passive:
x% chance for projectiles to Pierce

• % to pierce decreases based on distance away from target
    or
    Rogue gains adrenaline for 4 seconds when life goes below 40% of HP. During Adrenaline a smoke bomb is auto cast and Projectiles have 40% chance to pierce and you gain 40 mana.

I am really loving the bow flurry, and wondering if a good passive in its tree would include:

Trick Shots: When using a Bow, Flurry has a X% chance to bounce to additional targets on hit.

This could scale per point up to 60 lets say, or instead:

Trick Shots: When using a Bow, Flurry has a 30% chance to bounce to X additional targets.

The first style would be cool to have procs randomly bouncing many times
The second would be more consistent larger procs depending on investment

You would be giving up a large chunk of damage in order to point into this passive, so it seems like a decent tradeoff, for lets say, 4 points or 5. And it would open up the skill for dealing with AOE groups.
Or if you are feeling more lenient in allowing flurry to just have a simple 1 point version:

When using a Bow, Flurry has a 30% chance to bounce to additional targets on hit.

So you get a cool proc, that happens often enough, and sometimes can bounce several times on a lucky roll. So it’s not the most amazing multi-target, but would help a little bit to make the skill a little rounded out from purely single target.

Other idea could be a twin passive for melee:

Trick blades: When using a Melee Weapon, hitting an enemy with Flurry has a X% chance to shred off pieces of metal which strike nearby enemies.

This could also be a good place for Armour Shred.

what about a channeling node for shadow cascade that turns it into a constant attack. It could be some sort of…cyclone…of blades to rend your enemies the trade off can be like 35% reduced damage on the first hit of this channeled skill and 15% reduced movement speed while channeling it

Multishot node
Multishot is now channeling and have homing function towards mouse pointer that starts midway between the character and pointer. No longer pierce. Cannot move while channeling.

To you, what would you want to get out of this vs. proccing multishot from flurry?

It looks cooler :wink:

:rofl: Good point, never can have enough arrow showers on the screen!

It would be a very nice quality of life if these two node requirements were swapped.
Swap Node requirements

Would be cool if Rogue can do what Ember Spirit in Dota can do.

Few ideas for the playstyle
Lethal mirage new branch node. Area -50%. Now hit each enemy only once in the area. Very Low cd/smaller mana gated. The Aoe clear skill

Sync strike new node. Now targeted. 3 default charges(node to increase) Create a shadow copy at target location that slash target as per sync strike. Add new node that increases shadow exist time. Can be new skill too that focuses more on shadow generation.

Shift: change the node that return player to shadow to shift to each existing shadow consecutively from the first created shadow to last created shadow. Deal small aoe damage on arrival to each shadow.

Well not a node, but I had a crazy idea for a new falconer movement skill called Air drop, A falcon slightly larger than player size (smaller version of talon the one we ride to reach the temple of Majasa) swoops down, picks up the character and places them at the target location. It would be around the speed of fury leap with similar cooldown. No cooldown recovery on the skill but it would have nodes in the skill tree such as: 1) Concealed landing - Drop a smoke bomb when you land 2) Piercing flight - throw 1/2/3 shurikens while you are being carried. 3) Assaulting flight - Fire 1/2/3 multishots/detonating arrows while you are being carried if you have a bow 4) Aerial accuracy - 25 to 100% increased damage of skills cast when carried 5) Coordinated flight - Regular falcons you have charge through the area you are being carried over 6) Forceful Impact - Create a shockwave upon landing which has a 50% chance to stun enemies 7) Adrenaline rush - 5 to 25% increased attack speed on landing but you also take 50 to 250 damage on landing.

Probably wishful thinking as the animation would probably take some work.

Dark quiver is sooo boring and make play complcated.
Litterally, its way boring just to walk around to pick up a black arrow, not using any other skill.
after that boring time, player can use Only 1 buffed skill, and wander again. It doesn’t make sence with other marksman skills but HoA.
It may better to buff x sec rather then next attack.
Or much better if player can pick up more then one black arrow to stack.
But I think just gain some counts of buffs that affect next n attacks at use, will be the best way to support other skills well.

In passive nodes, there will be more funny ideas then now.
not just inc dmg but add homing missiles on hit, chance to gain additional black arrows on hit, more dmg to poisoned/bleeding enemy, inc crit mult, or buff changes to a persistent type not a count type.(can be change to shroud stack. crimson for offensive, dusk or silver for deffensive.)
You can think about a psv node that black arrows drop as now but reset shift cooldown when pick up may fun enough. (it will make many shadows so blade dancer may like this as well?)

I don’t know what do you think about falconer but melee falcon with sync attack, bow falcon with dark quiver… isn’t it great?

1 Like

Hi and welcome.
Yep, there are multiple threads already about DQ like this one:

Not really a new passive node idea, but I want to suggest a partial rework of the nodes related to Elemental Arrows in Marksman passive tree in a form that will look like this:

Initial Node: X% increased Elemental Damage, gain an Elemental Arrow every second while moving giving +X% Elemental damage to your next Bow attack.

Splits into 3 nodes:

Node 1: Elemental Arrow also grants +X Fire Damage and +X% chance to ignite.
Node 2: Elemental Arrow also grants +X Cold Damage and +X% chance to chill.
Node 3: Elemental Arrow also grants +X Lightning Damage and +X% chance to shock.

Now each of these 3 nodes has a follow-up node that connects to:

Follow-up node from Node 1: You generate Elemental Arrows more frequently, you have additional Fire Resistance per Elemental Arrow and you leech a portion of Fire damage dealt when you expend an Elemental Arrow.

Follow-up node from Node 2: You grenerate Elemental Arrows more frequently, you have additional Cold Resistance per Elemental Arrow and you leech a portion of Cold damage dealt when you expend an Elemental Arrow.

Follow-up node from Node 3: You generate Elemental Arrows more frequently, you have additional Lightning Resistance per Elemental Arrow and you leech a part of Lightning damage dealt when you expend an Elemental Arrow.

Fire and Steel node, which is also Elemental Arrow-related should probably be also reworked or adjusted accordingly if such changes take place but I don’t have a suggestion for that.

Another proposition I want to make regarding these nodes is that Elemental Arrow should also affect Throwing Attacks, in which case it should be renamed into something more fitting.