My problem with rogue Marksman

I love rogue,

However i think the Marksman role is to specifically focus on bow.
I played a throw shuriken build as an marksman. I noticed afterwards that blade dancer has way more passive notes that support melee skills and throw skills together.

In my opinion throwing is range so it would be better to swap it to Marksman.
You can leave it as it is aswell so you can still play melee and throw and at more support for throwing skills at marksman.

At the moment it doesnt feel worth at all to pick marksman unless you play a bow.
Because of this choice picking marksman feels like there is not much variety in my opinion which saddens me.

I understand that the main focus is for bow, however it would be nice if there were a bit more options like bladedancers.
They now have throwing support and shadow playstyle and some other interesting mechanics which makes it more interesting IMO.

Now the biggest problem that i had with Shuriken:

1. I wanted to play shuriken poison which is almost impossible with bow.
    A lot of daggers for example perfectly fit the poison playstyle. They have Implicits affixes etc that support it really well. Beside that they have a lot of poison support in the passive skill area and skills.

2. The bow skill section and Marksman section is way to focused on everyting except Poison :cry:.
    There was (if i remember correctly) ONE conversion available for poison at 1 skill.
    There were no unique weapons or bow bases or anything close that fit Shuriken poison or encourage you to play it (like you do with the daggers).

The bow section seem to focus mainly on phys or elemental playstyles instead of poison.
Also, throwing skills made more sense to me being at the “range” side marksman or both blade dancer and marksman like i mentioned before.

I hope you guys will revist the Marksman passive tree to make poison more viable with shurikens but with other bow skills in general.

Shurikens are a way to somehow compensate the lack of range for Bladedancer. She is a melee character, with all the added danger it involves. Throwing weapons (shurikens and acid flasks) are a sneaky partner for the blade.
With a bow, nobody is supposed to come close to you. So you have ne body to throw an acid flask to. You may drop it on ground to have a pool of acid, but this also would imply a relatively close combat style.

I really don’t see throwing weapons as a good addition to bows. I would rather see the Markmsan use traps, if the Falconer brings some!

BD does have some throwing support, because it just fits very well into some melee builds.

But Falconer will probably be the “main throwing mastery” anyway.

The devs said, Falconer will close the gap between BD and Marksman, since they are both on the complete opposite side of the spectrum and throwing somewhat is in the middle of that already.

Quite clearly, the falconer throws with falcon babies / falcon eggs around! :grinning:

Recommend in addition still the following contribution :wink::

1 Like

It has recently been confirmed by a member of EHG (unsure if it was Trasochi or Hackaloken) that the Falconer would be more about throwing. No more precisions were given.

1 Like

Maybe a skill that lets you throw a Falcon, which in turn throws a Shuriken.

(Reference: The Simpsons:)

4 Likes

Nice, my new shuriken rogue is just before the specialization pick. Gonna leave her there until falconer is up. Meanwhile, gonna dabble extensively with Sentinel

Is this your opinoin about Shurikens or is this what EHG stated?

Yes i noticed, i hope to see more options/playstyles for Shurikens. I love that skill but it is to sad to see that it has a place with melee instead of its on place together with flask throwing or something for example. I wonder what falconer will do.

I’d think it’s likely EHG’s view.

1 Like

It is my opinion, I think it is also EHG’s but I don’t have an official statement

While there might be some passive support missing, that is not holding back shurikens IMO.

You can do so much with shurikens already.

Spinning around you, shakram, regular AoE, throw in a line, physical, poison, bleed, lightning.

Shurikens has so many options.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.