Passive Node Ideas - Rogue

They already gave Bladedancer a lot of throwing support with the last patch, which probably was not planned initially.

Because the mastery, that will support throwing the most is not in yet (Falconer).

I doubt there will do even more throwing support, because marksman is not a throwing mastery.

I feel like there already is a channeling node for Shadow Cascade, but I could be wrong.

I personally abhor connecting dps to potion use. That’s one of the reasons I quote POE. Potions serve the function of keeping you alive, and while it’s only my personal opinion, I believe that should be their only purpose.

With you on that one… and I would take it further: If I have any build that has to use potions to survive/function optimally I consider it an immediate and abysmal failure… I have over 1500h in LE and I refuse point blank to build anything that relies on any potion boosting abilities/affixes etc… Absolutely loathe the idea and it will never get my vote. Only things potions are for imho is to heal and remove ailments… Maybe I am old fashioned that way…

Altho… I love downing Witcher 3 potions before the fight… hated when I had to drink one mid battle tho… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sure, you are old fashioned. And I am also, mate, I think the same! :beers:

1 Like

For the record, PoE doesn’t have potions, it has flasks.
That’s not just being pedantic about the words, it is a massive mechanic difference: you don’t collect a potion item, you equip one piece of gear and use it on cooldown.

For collectable potions like in LE or other games, I agree that I only use them for healing. I hate boosting potions. Especially in LE with the (quite small) limited number.
But in PoE I got used to them, because they don’t feel like potions at all, more like an extra skill (they end up having to use too many buttons, but that’s another story).

Bumping this thread once, as we need to brainstorm until devs create and release Falconer into game, as an advanced mastery for rogues who relies on a flying minion, unlocked when mastery is chosen, and syncronized skills, with Falcon and Rogue acting together.

• There is a dagger [Jelkhor’s Blast Knife] that makes your detonating arrow a melee ability so all the bow nodes wont work with it anymore. Either allow the conversion of bow modifiers with the unique or remove a lot of the ‘bow’ limitation in the marksman tree.

Suggestion for Marksman channel based builds (Flurry / Hail of Arrows conversions).

Focused Mind: Gain 1 stack of Bow Mastery every 1/0.66/0.33 second during channeling. Can’t gain Bow Mastery using attack skills.

Fortification: Maximum Bow Mastery stacks increased by 1/2/3/4/5. Lose 1 stack every X distance travelled.

2 Likes

I’d like to see more moves with an alchemist in mind or an alchemist class. The poison flask is my favorite move for the rogue

When you take lethal damage and have a shadow/shadows active, resurrect to the farthest shadow and gain X amount of ward based on how many shadows were active at the time of death. 90 second cooldown.

1 Like

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I think the Falconer could use more nodes that relate to using a spear - right now IIRC it’s only the passives Expert Duelist and Sharpest Point, plus Dive Bomb’s Valkyrie node. Valkyrie is a really cool idea, but without support (and more Rogue-orientated spears to utilize these nodes), it’s just sitting there all lonely and sad.

Some ideas off the top of my head:

• Martial Training - a Falconer passive node that allows them to wield a spear and shield together as the 5-point bonus. Not sure about the base benefits; maybe Block Chance and some damage?
  • Some kind of Falconer passive equivalent for Tu’rani’s Bident would be nice, more specifically the ability to convert your Bleed to Shock chance. Net and Explosive Trap have Lightning conversion nodes, so an alternative to Javelin Sentinel has potential.
  • Impaling Shot - a Ballista node where it fires a copy of your spear at enemies, with an additional chance to inflict ailments. Maybe coming off of Contaminating Shots?
  • Dashing Strike - a Shift node where, if you’re holding a spear, you automatically attack with Puncture at the end of your Shift, with some kind of bonus. Not compatible with Valkyrie, but more Traversal options are welcome.
  • Training Dummy - a Decoy node where it comes equipped with a copy of your spear (and Armor?). Enemies attacking the Decoy are damaged as though you hit them with a spear attack. Could come off of Embedded Spikes.

That’s just a set of first-draft ideas, but you get the idea :slight_smile: I love the Falconer: there are so many ways to run it, and the spear stuff gives you the slightest taste of more potential builds. I would really like to see them expanded upon!

2 Likes

+1 for more spear support nodes. Spears are awesome and it would be great to see the falconer leaning into them more!

Also, more support nodes for Acid Flask. As mentioned elsewhere, it would be great if it were possible to build something as strong as the Explosive Trap/Flask build without always having to rely on Explosive Trap to carry the Flask.