Passive Node Ideas - Rogue

throwing spears and crossbows are the best of all, I think

What about big guns? I would love to see big guns in this game :slight_smile:.

I think one thing I love about Last Epoch currently is that there are not any guns. It seems almost all rpgs these days include guns in some capacity. Where are the high fantasy settings that stick to bows, crossbows and throwing weapons?

1 Like

So while we haven’t ruled out ever adding guns, the initial release is not slated to have guns. We don’t think they are necessary to have at the moment but it could be something we explore in an expansion after launch. We just don’t want to fully close the door on it.

2 Likes

Even if you do implement guns in the future, it’s nice to know that they won’t be so prevalent/required for ranged classes.

The rogue in movies, comics, etc. seem to treasure their family.
So my idea is including some nodes for party play in rogue passive skills.
For examples,

Group-minded
Global damage incleases X x Y x 2 % per your party members.
All bonus from this node are lost while 8 second if your party members dead, consumption, or reborn by summon limits.
X = 0-4 points.
Y = Number of your party members.

Blood retaliation
If your party members dead recently,
X x Y% increase your attack / cast / moving speed while 4 seconds.
X = 0-4 points.
Y = Number of dead party member recently.

Annoying boss
You take X x 5% damage less damage.
When you taking hit damage, you spread damaging wave around on you that deal damage 1/5 their maximum life to your party member.
X x 2.5% less your dodge rate.
X = 0-4 points.

Angry servants (unlocked by 4 Points on annoying boss)
Party members that taking damage from annoying boss gain frenzy while 4 seconds.
X = 0-1 point.

Reliable boss
You take X x 5% more damage always.
When you taking hit damage, you spread healing area around you that heal party member, including you.
(Healing 1/5 their maximum life per 4 sec. This healing amount affected by healing effictiveness but can not stack. )
X x 2.5% more your dodge rate
X = 0-4 points.

Rejoiced servants (unlocked by 4 points on reliable boss)
Party members that healing from reliable boss has 20% more damage while they are on the healing effect.
X = 0-1 point

Annoying boss and Reliable boss are exclusive skills.

Like this :raising_hand_man:

1 Like

I also don’t like guns in general. What i really miss in Grim Dawn, as much as i love this game, are bows and that’s one of the big reason i don’t like range characters there, even though i’m always playing Range builds in any other Arpg.

1 Like

I would love for there to be some similarities with the Falconer and the Falcon Mastery from Ragnarok Online. I guess the best way to relate it into LE would be an Aspect of the Falcon node. Something like;

While active, your falcon does an AoE attack focused on the target hit by your arrow. Maybe 10% per point, capping at 100%.

Could also have one side of the tree focusing on the falcon. Increasing its damage, falcon attacks causing some sort of negative effect like slow, blind, bleed, armor shred, etc.

The other side of the tree could focus on your bow attacks. Increased attack speed, increased damage, slow, bleed, etc.

Middle of the tree could focus on dodge and move speed and acrobatics like skills. Would be great if they could get a skill that lets them roll or dash to evade big attacks or just as a movement skill.

Skills like;
Multishot. It could be modified to have each arrow fire consecutively in a line, or for them to pierce.
Homing Arrow, Elemental Arrow, etc.

falconer:
rip eyeball: sends your falcon to the target to rip out their eyeball. Applies blind for 4 seconds. Does not work on skeletons.

Bird of Prey: Marks the enemy for death. Other minions prioritize this enemy.

carrion bird: Your bird feasts on a corpse, destroying it and gaining 50% damage for 6 seconds.

Bird vision: Your bird is highly trained in the art of looking for loot. It comes with a configuration menu where you can teach the bird exactly which loot you want it to highlight. Tiers, affixes and item types are all configurable. Only loot the bird sees shows up. All other loot is trash, and you know it.

2 Likes

If it hasn’t been said before, Bladedancer should totally have a weapon mastery type node. It’s in the name “blade dancer”. It’s important to know what kind of blade you’re dancing with, and dancing the way that blade dances. For example, maybe something like:

If you’re wielding a mace, +X% increased chance to stun on melee hit, if you’re wielding an axe, +X% chance to cause X% weapon damage as bleed over X seconds, if you’re wielding a sword, +X% critical chance, etc.

You could even differentiate between 1 handed and 2 handed, that way if you want to build a dual-wield Bladedancer it’s viable to have 2 different weapon types, or if you want to build a 2 handed Bladedancer, you can still do so with a different main affect from this node.

Not really a passive node but I had an idea for a defensive layer for rogue characters.
Assuming rogues rely more on dodge than other classes, then they would still need a way to survive heavy hitting attacks for that 20-30% of times they don’t dodge. To offer an alternative to having to split resources on ward/protections and dodge you could introduce an ability that provides either 100% dodge chance for a short time period or a 100% chance to dodge the next X numbers of hits.

1 Like

I know at some point you will be adding dual wielding to the game. Will you be adding dual mini crossbows? At least for the Rogue!

Thinking maybe of having a passive node, which you must select so you can use dual crossbows! Rather than being a class feature. This node would be in the Marksman skills!

Specifically for the Bladedancer, I am very hopeful that there will be some sort of ‘Stealth’ or ‘AOE Blind’ ability to fit the fantasy of the class. Something similar to Cloak of Shadows in D2, which greatly reduced the visibility and ‘aggro’ range of enemies. With an ability like this, the Bladedancer could then focus on attacking a single enemy assassin-style, stacking poison and bleed, and then using another ability to spread those ailments to other enemies.

Every other class is focused on AOE abilities hitting everything at once, it would be really cool if the Bladedancer focused on one enemy and then spread ailments to aid in their clearing.

Untouchable

With every kill she gets very small bonus until cap. When she is hitted by anything, bonus resets. Every point in this node increases cap. For bonuses I suggest movement and cast/attack speed.

I’m hoping there will be a potion based mastery.

Chance to drop potion when hitting rare enemies?

Or if thats too good, maybe a channeling skill that makes a potion every second

Forge Guard has 2 potion-related passives.

:slight_smile: And some other kitchen-related skills/passives…

The forge guard passives seem out of place. Feels like it will make more sense in a ranger tree. Plus two passives hardly makes it a ‘potion based’ mastery. The Jungle Queen unique belt needs a user!

Hello guys,
I tried to skim through the massive wall of text and couldn’t find this, so now I’m just putting it out there, and am sorry for if its a duplicate:

A marksman node which changes an otherwise autoattack ability into a rooted barage ability.
So basically there could be something like “fire arrow” and then a node in that tree changes it to being a cast that roots you in place while channeling and then fires a barrage of small hits in a generel direction.
It just gives that nice feel of being able to blast away your oponents and its an option I always enjoy to build around on ranger like characters.

1 Like

I want nodes that make rogue deal lots of poison hit damage , and can proc other main skills that do hit damage, just like lightning blast flame reave/enchant weapon/static/acendency skills in mage, while making the rogue more squishy, with no other down sides. so you can zoom zoom monolith, but struggle in arena.

I want rogue to be poison king.

1 Like

Bladedancer
I’m expecting/suggesting a Knife thrower idea based on melee follow-up
You start combat with a few knife throw the stick blades inside target, then you do a melee attack that deal more damage based on how many knife is in the target.

Add in a dash/teleport skill to an Impaled creature with “on kill cooldown reset” specialization.

Minion fight:
Throw Knives (As much as you can) -> Dash/Teleport in (Apply some extra debuff) -> Powerfull Melee attack (Scale with impaled knives) -> Repeat until everyone is dead (Hopefully not you)

Boos Fight:
Throw Knives (As much as you can) -> Dash/Teleport in (Apply some extra debuff) -> Powerfull Melee attack (Scale with impaled knives) -> Activate Evade buff for 1 sec (With 5 second cooldown) so you can run away -> Repeat until boss is dead

1 Like