Lets Look At Some of the Shade of Orobyss's Many Skills!

We’ve previously introduced you to the Shade of Orobyss, who will be joining the denizens of the Monolith of Fate in May with the release of Patch 0.8.2. In that post we had revealed there are multiple varities of the Shade of Orobyss - however this mystery goes ever deeper.

This new boss has thirty - yes, 30 - abilities! Each time it descends upon you in the Monolith, it selects a number of its skills to unleash upon you. The number of skills - and therefore visual effects, and telegraphs - being capped ensures combat remains readable. Of course, the vast pool of abilities at the Shade’s disposal also means no one fight will be quite like any other…

Today we’re excited to reveal some of the destructive power this creatures has at its fingertips!

Skill Teaser 1

Skill Teaser 2

Skill Teaser 3

Skill Teaser 4

Skill Teaser 5

22 Likes

Really cool! :slight_smile:

30!?!?! That’s insane.

Dang, that mage is still alive after all that. Must be a weak shade.

Fire Necro gonna tear him up! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Give at least some of those skills to players too plz!! :smiley:

30??? wow, it will be hell of a fight. A lot of skills to learn!

Having a “changing” boss will give this boss fight a very nice longjevity.
Really looking forward to it.

And you guys really seems to understand that the readability is important, so you try to not make him a sensory overload.

3 Likes

Very purty skills!

Trypophobia here we go again :laughing:

No but… really really cool!

I want to be shade of orobyss.

Looks great guys!

I’m not sure I want to kill it. I want to play it! Can we have a mode where we play the Shade of Orobyss and must defeat travelers? :grin:

Void Knight totally deserves all of those skills because purple. Especially the super-hadoken (#2). And the slowly-gridning your-face-with-my-big-rock (#3). #4 seems a bit slow though so stupid Orobyss can keep that.

1 Like

Void Knight already has pure awesomeness. Let’s keep some for other classes.

No.

TLDR: Still no.

2 Likes

2 questions:

1. Seems like all abilities has void damage type. Is it correct?
  2. Will the boss be able to overlap his abilities (i mean several skills can have their damage effect applied at same time). Or each new ability is casted only when other is expired?
1 Like

I’m still gonna run round it in a circle and let my Spirits spam Poison.

Imagine facing that guy in monolith with 80% CD reduction modifier on monsters…

Yes, imagine… :smiling_imp: