Last Epoch Roadmap

I found it hard to understand the last question in the survey. If you can elaborate to make it more clear what you are asking for, I’m sure it will make it easier for others to give their answer.

3 Likes

let them cook

Nice!

Deeply, DEEPLY saddened by the mention of dodge rolling and I would urge you to reconsider and not jump ship to an entirely different genre of game, which is exactly what features like this do, changing the entire pace and balance of the game. Know your audience. The mountains of players you have bought and played this game because of what it was. New content, absolutely. Changing underlying gameplay on such a scale… hard no.

Aside from that, looking great and eagerly looking forward to all of this, assuming that 1.1 doesn’t just ruin everything and serve as the beginning of the end. I’ve spent too long looking forward to this game and only a season to really enjoy it.

20 Likes

Super hyped ! Future looks bright, can’t wait for new cycles to come.
Also hope we’ll get some cosmetics rewards for participating/achieving things during cycles.

We will be updating these continuously, for example Shield Bash is being changed in 1.1.

2 Likes

I disagree (which is fine!).
I understand dodge rolls in a very active context, when a boss rushes at you or sends stuff in all directions that you have to dodge really fast.

In LE, most bosses don’t move at all.
The attacks are telegraphed, they follow a pattern and always come from the same position.
Yes, they need to be avoided, but the movement skills we have now, are more than enough.
No point having a dodge roll unless the pace and mobility of the fights are massively ramped up.

8 Likes

I would argue that this might open possibilities for builds without movement skills, that are a bit slower.

If this dodge roll is enough to dodge some of the quicker mechanics you might be able to play builds without traversal skills, without feeling too handicapped.

But yes overall I can see and would love some bosses to get spiced up a bit too.

1 Like

Extending monolith variety should be the next if not equal in priority to endgame pinnacle systems.

I personally like having a dodge roll, but I understand that most don’t. If there’s a way to implement it optionally (via skill tree / affix / etc) so that people who think it’s not necessary don’t have to use it. I don’t think it should be something you spam click and roll around the map though. It shouldn’t be so strong it changes boss designs. A single use movement with a decent cool down would be preferred. I find more movement options to be a better experience.

Dodge Roll?? I just hope it’s optional. This isn’t moving in the right direction IMHO. Everything else looks great!

9 Likes

Where did you get that from?

Yeah, I don’t think that every game needs it.

Like a charge, possibly while holding a shield up? What could we possibly call such a thing???

Is Tornado going to get an update at any point? 'Cause the poll was 4 years ago!

3 Likes

LMAO supreme levels of cope

Why is offline attached to legacy in the poll? Offline Cyle should get it the same time as online cycle. Offline getting a delay from online is bad… legacy i get but don’t separate online and offline like that.

4 Likes

HYPED :fire:

Hyped for the upcoming updates, but a bit bummed about the delay of pinnacle content for cycle offline specifically: legacy I understand, but offline cycle is still cycle and all content should still be available there, for those of us who don’t want to / can’t play online.

2 Likes

Because in offline you can edit your characters then kill the boss, or make yourself tanky enough to cope with any putative oneshots to learn the mechanics, etc.

4 Likes

This is the exact problem tho. This isnt the right spice. bosses spiced up to play around the 0.3 second iframe you just got?

For example dark souls and monster hunter, both games which feature heavy use of a roll mechanic with iframes, both have options to instead hunker down slow down, and become a heavy armor noob. You then just face tank the things you were supposed to roll. This is not the meta, and is considered inefficient. But it offers the choice to players who are unable to meet the requirements of hitting those tight frames.

This game will not have that option, so instead people will have 4lp legendaries in every slot, and will be getting gatekept by some dumb dodge roll mechanic that is too tight that will then be answered with “lol get gud”

This is not the genre people signed up for. if I cant walk out of it, then its designed badly for arpgs. I really dont see the upsides to having bosses redesigned around it.

And if its just a “well its for builds which cant spec a movement skill” people have asked for an extra key simply for movement and it was shot down over and over. So now we get one? I just dont get this change in design scope.

5 Likes

I like the confidence in releasing a roadmap with what big ideas are in store for the future.
However, the poll is missing the option of choosing not to delay releasing pinnacle bosses whatsoever.

Those that want to play cycle and clear it 1st are doing so for the challenge of it on a fresh start or for the thrill of racing legacy players to do it. Players play the cycle because they want to play cycle and not because that’s the only place to get their first taste at the pinnacle boss.

If the timed delay is to encourage more people to play cycle it’s my opinion that’s not as effective as mastery reworks would be. Sadly balance fixes or even a singular skill rework is unlikely to elevate those early masteries into a more competitive state. A pinnacle boss doesn’t entice me to want to jump into cycle with one of these masteries that’s fallen behind in terms of power and/or design synergy. I’m talking about Sorc, Spellblade, Forge Guard, Shaman, Marksman, and the damned Boar Tax!

Mastery reworks is a big item sadly missing from said roadmap.

1 Like

Sounds great so far, there isn’t really anything which i don’t like but my Highlights would be certainly:
Dodge-Roll, Nemesis (love that in GD already - if that’s something similiar than i’m super excited), Procedural Sidezones if i imagine it correctly, and esp. Transmog/Dye(Vital Feature for me personally) as well skill sigils sounds amazing. NIce roadmap - certainly something to looking forward too =D

I’ve a question though:

Considering that Offline also have the option for either cycle or legacy character, considering the phrasing does that mean offline-players have to wait on both ends - no matter if they start over on a new cycle character or stick to the legacy… or can offline-players atleast enjoy the new stuff from the getgo when they start over with a legacy character? And if on both ends, then i guess it’s because the potential issue with cheating / people might convert it to legacy one way or another?

Another thing which i’m curious about since a whlie… how will stashtab handled plus the transfering the Cycle-Stash-Items to Legacy.:

1. Will we keep our stashtabs for the next cycle or do we’ve to build that whole stuff up again?
    If we have to get all stashtabs again for the Future, can i maybe suggest a potential QoL Feature for the distant Future? Maybe a way that people can keep their Stashtabs in terms of Layout, Category and such, but we just have to rebuy them to get acces to them. So we don’t lose all our sortingsystem and stuff. To give an example how my Stash might look like:

Category: General
Stashes: Inbox | Unique Weapon | Unique Armor | Legendary Weapon | Legendary Armor

Category: Mage (Mirror that x4 with each class but same concept)
Stashes: Inbox | Sorcerer (cause currently playing) | Idols

Category: Exalted Weapon
Stashes: One-Handed | Two-Handed | Wands | Bows

Category: Exalted Armor & Accessoire
Stashes: Armor | Ring | Amulete

And so on and so on.

My Idea / Suggestion - this Layout is saved from previous cycle, i can click on them… even on the stashes/stashtabs but the stash itself is greyed out (so i can’t put anything in yet) with a button of “buy now”. That way (because i’m pretty sure you want every one start out fairly - so people of older cycles might not have an advantage) - veteran players don’t have to put potentially hours into to get their old sorting system back, while still have to start from the scratch of buying each tab.

1. If Stashtabs will be resettet, will we get the payed money back for legacy characters?
  2. How does the transfering look like exactly. Will we’ve temporary stashtabs where we have to put them out into inventory and than back into actual stashtabs? Or will it be sent to some sort mail/inbox system?

Sorry for this TL;DR Wall of Text and Question. I’m geniunly just curious (and as well excited for the upcoming cycles/updates). While i’m on a break now can’t wait to get back to this Game =)