Bad boss design

I mean, you don’t really need all 5 of your skills to kill him. Swapping out Ring of Shields (nothing is using ranged attacks in there) for Rebuke if you’re too slow is fine. Or, as I said, just swapping on two 8% Silver rings (+16% more speed). Or a Belt with a “Ward and Ailment Cleansing on Potion Use”.

Personally I hate swapping gear, it’s annoying. When I’m playing/making builds, if it can’t clear all content (with investment) WITHOUT swapping gear or abilities, it’s a failure in my eyes.

If I wanna play rock-paper-scissors the RPG, I’ll go play some monster hunter. xD I have a FG with similar stats to Zaen’s guy up there, once I get to EoC with him I’ll see if I can tank the zombie burp(mine has ~30% endurance and 100% crit avoid).

I still kind of suspect he got crit though, which would be acceptable to die from with all the other pre-determined circumstances in place.

Hmm, Id actually be curious if EHG entertains the idea that gear/skill swapping is desired? Is there a manifest or something that might have this info, or is it unknown currently? I’m quite curious now.

Technically, you could run most monos with a few resists at 0, because once you know which mobs have spawned, you can just equip the gear with those resists (the other resists aren’t coming into play.) I mean, isn’t that a design thing? The fact that EHG has not mandated that every single echo spawns a wide variety of monsters which cover every resist?

Dude me too. I freaking hope not. That’s the part of MH that I LOATHE.

I like swapping gear and weapons and stuff on my own terms, not because the game makes me. Blech.

Yep, I’ve been posting here since 2ys.
I will make a new long ass topic named “EHG does listen and does fix, THANKS” or something.

I’ve got maybe 5 topics like this.
every. single. time. it turns from “Feedback” to “Convince me I’m doing it wrong and it’s perfect”

I guarantee you that all my concerns have been fixed. At this point I should care less about some crazy answers. I am not taking the merit of anything, the merit is of of EHG that has always corrected everything

Latest example: Void knight melee void damage bonus does not feel good - #5 by ZaeN

Wasn’t aimed at you bud! Feels like something similar to this has happened before xD.

Thanks again for the VK build, that bad boy is fun when I’m feeling button happy :smiley:

1 Like

I know I wanted to say that I agree and that the feedback does reach EHG all the time

1 Like

That was my first thought, since we do not get to always see the damage figure that killed us, if it was the one big shot or the degen ticked on the server tick. Death is death whether by 1 hp or 1M hp.

Do you think that maybe how your tone is in these posts potentially contributes to how they’re received by other players?

2 Likes

It’s not about tanking the thing (it looks like the purpose of the skill is that it should not be tanked no?) rather that it’s a monster skill that as shown in the clip kills you right away with a default FG.

You walk in, walk out, dead. It’s in the clip as video proof, that’s so simple. I’ve got more clips, but I do believe that one is ENOUGH. Like, how much time do i need to waste to make a point?

Actually let me post it again:

Let me check one thing: 11 views. Something doesn’t add up here, like WATCH THE FKIN CLIP BEFORE COMMENTING, PEOPLE?

Not directed towards you jehzir, but most other posts here are just attempts at debunking/deflecting such foolproof video evidence (that they refuse to acknowledge or even watch), because, literal “muh favourite arpg it’s perfect bruh”.

You know i’m damn sick of this attitude and these toxic fanboys every time i post a feedback, and the reason i seldom post in this pit despite following the game since like 0.7.1, I know it’s gonna happen the moment before i’m opening the thread

1 Like

That’s not always the case though, every time on my Sentinels I’ve done that by walking out & not died. If you hadn’t been slowed it would have been fine. If you had reacted faster, you’d have been fine. If you’d have Lunged to a mob futher away then walked, you’d have been fine.

1 Like

So yeah… for me personally you need to waste a bit more time to make your point. Because I don’t get it. First I thought you meant this attack is hitting too hard and should not oneshot. Now you say you don’t want to tank it. So what’s your suggestion? You list a lot of things you don’t like and let others guess what the solution for you could be. And if people make the wrong guess you blame them not getting your point.

So why don’t you just clearly state, what you want to say?

Do you want…

• … the aoe to be reduced?
  • … have an additional movement skill?
  • … more sources of movement speed?
  • … more damage mitigation?
1 Like

You still don’t understand that screaming in people’s faces doesn’t make them want to agree more with you?

Calling people “toxic fanboys” when you are opening up with negativity and then are surprised about negative feedback, man that’s beyond me how you cannot see the irony in that.

Jeez.

1 Like

From the start of the OP:

Then there is the literal clip, then there is the literal character panel etc etc etc

1 Like

Waits for someone to post a literal clip of a literal character literally walking out of the AoE & not getting hit

Just because you got splatted doesn’t make it bad design, just because others don’t have issues with it doesn’t make it not bad design either.

Yes I have also done it, thanks, but it can’t be denied that what is in the clip happened.
It’s like the 5th time I’m writing this, it’s not like I’ve tried to facetank it, in the clip it is walking away like, it’s in the video.

But whatever guys, I have done it wrong clearly, again and always, that’s the point yes

1 Like

Indeed, it is incontrovertible that that’s what happened in the clip, but one Swallow does not a summer make.

And I have never, not once, in this threads said “dude, git gud”.

1 Like

Reading the discussion so far, I was wondering if there was any way to deal with this AOE other than walking away. Tanking this damage with some build or skill (especially for characters who don’t have effective movement skills) doesn’t feel so rude … if it’s in this corrpution level.

@ZaeN there are 2 separate issues here and hopefully this will help. The first issue is how you typed up your feedback. Try to be less confrontational and offer up more constructive feedback. Here’s an example, instead of saying “This boss design is bad”, try something like “Recurring bug with boss” and then leave out the garbage about this being a players favorite RPG. That’s just unecessary trolling.

The second issue is the mechanical approach of your gameplay which multiple people have addressed. Some of us agree that the boss does need tweaking. Some of us agree that you need to be willing to try other things. Remember, the game is still in early access so things are going to change and you must be willing to adjust or you’re going to have a really bad time.

1 Like