Void knight melee void damage bonus does not feel good

Currently it is applied only to melee. But there is literally only one void melee skill - Erasing strike, that is mostly physical with void spells on attack by the way. Other melee skills have insignificant void bonuses (either +1/+2 void damage or casting a void spell on attack).
There is literally no way to deal pure void melee damage. Then why this bonus exists? It is wasted mostky, and doing close to nothing rest of the time.
To compare, Paladin’s bonus is 100% to ALL physical and fire damage (conditional, but still), thus appliable to a huge variety of skills.
It would be nice to have 40% increase to non-melee skills or completely another bonus.

Yes, I agree. It would even be better to have less void damage but global - melee AND spell.

Sentinels are supposed to be reviewed before launch, with several news next patch. I would not be surprised if at any moment the mastery bonus of the Void Knight was revised.

I agree, though if you put void melee damage on your weapon, that’ll be buffed.

As of this patch, the only “void melee” option available is Rive specced left (100% more void dmg) along with the new void 2h sword.

If you need a template, try these two from my VKs, for reference with my current gear they give me like 250k tooltip dps on the 3rd hit of Rive. Much more if you do some usual silly dmg spec at the cost of HP

Forget about Erasing Strike, it is just outdated and bugged:
The entire Void rift/on kill branches are not worth (this applies to all the other voidrift skills as well and the VK onkill passives)
The “Deal more dmg but cost more mana” pts are effectively all a Non-bonus (why do these type of passive pts exist at all?)
The Void beams pts are bugged but cool. The beams spawn on hit and not on kill xDD (unfixed since 2 years+) but the beams seem to be spells…

The entire skill design is outdated and was about dealing some damage at the cost of your entire mana bar (and you needed to complement volatile reversal on cooldown). This is from before Sentinel had the passives that gave mana on hit from 0-cost skills.
By comparison you can just one click Rive and the 3rd strike is the same nuke as an Erasing Strike done automatically for 0 mana cost.

Talking about the VK more void dmg, I see it as an incentive to use “melee void dmg” on the VK only (as opposed to having it on Pally/FG).

This patch new Doom Axe and the Hollow Blade have been a big sidebuff. Once you begin stacking +flat melee void these start to add up:
Hollow Blade implicit: 22-42
Weapon Prefix: 38-48
VK passives: Void Blades 24 & Temporal Corruption 4+
Rive: Abyss gazes Back 24 & Insidious 4+
equals ~146 void dmg?

But yea it would be nice to see something more coherent with the VK skills & passives:
Removal/revamp of the “onkill & voidrifts”
A more distinct and direct support for either: void melee, void spells, void dots. Especially on passives where support for void dots is not clear/existant

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.