Upcoming bug-fix to Ballista

And then there are guys on this forum saying “JuSt DoNt pLaY BuGgEd bUiLdS”

1 Like

but hey, they made a survey and my vote has the same value as the vote from a guy that never played an arpg. They are listening the community.

1 Like

So you are just going to assume strong=bugged and nerf everything despite the voting saying that people dont want overtuned skills without bug to be nerfed. Ok waiting for the “it’s actually a bug” for wraithlord then, because strong = bugged even if there is no bug unlike with 40% instead of 4% on warlock or infinite smoke bombs (which is arguable because the description on passive doesnt say that it works only 1 time)

2 Likes

Could we get that as an image from in-game?

2 Likes

I don’t mind that bugs are nerfed, return the money invested in the build at the market price and give the opportunity to change specialization. Look, you buy a car and a year later they tell you that there is some kind of bug and they take it away and don’t give anything in return, what are your actions? I played 300 hours and now I’m left with zero. Like from day 1 of the game!!!

2 Likes

No. If you read the OP, you’ll see that it was scaling radius instead of area. If you look at the Armed Construction node text you’ll see that it quite clearly says area not radius, therefore if the node is scaling radius that is quite clearly a bug.

Now, I know that mathematical terms such as radius and area can be difficult to get one’s head around, but I’m sure you can google the difference & get something at an appropriate level to help you understand.

For completeness, since you apparently saw the thread title & your eyes immediately rolled into the back of their sockets before reading the pertinent section of Kain’s post, here it is:

I’ve bolded the relevant section to help.

You can play bugged builds if you want, but when it turns out that there’s a bug causing it to perform significantly ahead of where it should & you know this you can’t really complain when it gets fixed.

They put up a request for feedback on this a while ago, people voted.

15 Likes

Except you aren’t “left with zero”. You can play the game, you can still play the build, it just won’t be clearing the entire screen in one go. Hyperbole about your “losses” does not help your argument.

This, I feel, is a reasonable request. They’ve also done it before when there were large changes to masteries or skills.

You aren’t buying a car, you’re buying a license to play a game, there’s quite a big (& expensive) difference.

14 Likes

Healing Hands next

2 Likes

Exactly. What makes it worse is EHG was on the correct path, considering changes to be made next cycle. Only to bow to pressure. Hows does ANYONES build affect people in an ARPG? Let people have their fun ESPECIALLY as it is the first cycle.

This is a ARPG. People have invested ALOT of time into their builds. EHG was on the right path and now just seems to bow to “who yells loudest”

4 Likes

Oh, so now I need to check every percentage and every word under the passives to find out if my build is “bug” or not? Did I buy the opportunity to become a tester)))

1 Like

One person’s “bowing to pressure” is another’s “listening to the community”.

Well, reading the in-game text is good, yes. As is thinking about things. If a skill is performing significantly better (or worse) than you’d expect it to, why wouldn’t you ask if it’s working properly? If you’re not going to complain when builds are buffed due to bug fixes, why would you complain when they’re nerfed due to bug fixes?

9 Likes

Look, friend, I played as a warlock, it was nerfed, then as a falconer it was nerfed again. I now want to play WRAITHLORD’S, do you guarantee that this is not a buggy build and that I will play it until the end of the season without changes?

4 Likes

Because 2 weeks pass and they tell me that “oh, this is a bug.” I had to sit and calculate formulas saying that they had the definitions of “area” and “radius” wrong? Bugs should be nerfed right away, not when people have invested a million hours into a character only to have to start all over again because of a developer error in coding.

2 Likes

It’s also very interesting which classes are “bugged”, it looks like I’ll have to spend more time not on the game, but on figuring out which class I can start playing on and won’t get nerfed

1 Like

玩什麼你們nerf什麼,說不會季中nerf想改的build就說這些都是bug,你們上市前不把bug全數排除乾脆告訴我們那些能玩哪些不能玩,花了一堆時間來當小丑了,you guys are trash

6 Likes

That’s exactly what he said. Immediately write a list of builds with bugs so that we don’t start playing them.

1 Like

fix also the bugged monsters damage, the combo Fire+Physixal, Cold+Physical… is one shoothing players.

You guys are doing right things. But please take care of negatively performing bugs too. Profane Veil - Apocalypse node is still not working at all, multiple number of people have been reporting it for weeks and it’s not fixed yet

7 Likes

Hello “friend”, I to have played many, many builds over the past few years that had bugs fixed & performed worse for it. I’ve also had builds gutted because of design decision changes (the change to Bone Curse where the Illusion of Pain node now halves the duration of Cursed Limbs did actually render the build non-functional, rather than just not quite as overpowered). Was I disappointed? Of course I was, but I moved on & enjoyed other builds.

Do you know how quick it is to pick up on things like this? Do you know how quick it is to fix things like this, test them to make sure the fix doesn’t break anything else then release it?

2 Likes

Well, at least 5 years of beta are needed)) But why should we suffer because someone named it incorrectly and someone else did the formula incorrectly? And someone else tested it…

1 Like