Upcoming bug-fix to Ballista

Hello Travelers,

We have an advance notification regarding an upcoming bugfix currently planned for next week, in this case Ballista. As per our recent discourse regarding mid-cycle balance changes, the result concluded that if an item, skill, or build is highly overperforming due to a bug, that we should be issuing a fix for that bug.

As many of you may be aware, Ballista has the node “Armed Construction” which causes the Ballista to explode when it expires or is destroyed, with the explosion gaining more damage and increased area with Dexterity. Upon investigating the reports of how this was scaling to a point well beyond our normal stance of “not clearing an entire screen with a single button press”, we found a bug with the node causing it to scale radius instead of area.

The bugfix we will be releasing is the following:

• Fixed a bug where Ballista’s Armed Construction node was giving 1% increased radius per Dexterity instead of its listed 1% increased area per Dexterity

For clarity on the effect of this, here’s some examples:

With 4 points in Armed Construction and no other sources of increased area:

50 Dexterity
Before the fix: 8.1 radius
After the fix: 4.67 radius

100 Dexterity
Before the fix: 13.5 radius
After the fix: 6.037 radius

While this change is only being made because it is a bug, we do feel that the correct non-bugged area of effect is balanced, and are not currently anticipating any balance adjustments needing to be made to its area in Patch 1.1.0 (start of the next cycle).

43 Likes

Copy that, capitan

2 Likes

more unique items please!

1 Like

fix LE-65 error

2 Likes

I just quit the game cuz i spent 70+ hours building my perfect expo ballista, all t7 agile and even my only lp4 ring, the balance makes me like a clown spending so much time on this game

13 Likes

Merchants Guild is already broken because of your lack of action speed to nerf those builds. Everybody is farming 2000 to 5000 corruption which results in tons of gold. Every item on the bazaar is expensive beyond reality. Now you decide to nerf them, giving them more profit margins :slight_smile: You are just disappointing us, over and over, and over, and over…

15 Likes

No the part making you a clown is thinking this bug fix broke your build. The damage isn’t being touched at all.

23 Likes

you have no idea how the radius affects this build :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

You should know that all players see the description how dexterity works on area. :sweat_smile: And do you think its a bug? Yeah, i go to offline then.

1 Like

And, 100DEx = 6.037r, 150DEX = ??? 200DEX = ???

Lol… come on bro. The explosion is bigger than a screen. No other build has such insane clear.

10 Likes

I pumped up the warlock, he was nerfed, I decided to pump up the ballistas, you are nerfed again. Are you out of your mind? I played for 300 hours in vain.

8 Likes

they just don’t want to stop players from leaving for the POE league! Keep moving!

Maybe the issue is you keep going for the obviously bugged-and-not-working-as-intended builds?

What’s the definition of insanity, I wonder?

The community voted to fix all bugs, whether it’s causing a build to under-perform or over-perform, so I’m happy to see this fixed.

24 Likes

Can we have fix for off-screen shooting mobs also?
EHG please :melting_face:

6 Likes

Lol, what else is bugged? Is there a list somewhere to not use if I don’t want my build to be broken? Or after a player makes a new build you would suddenly come up to say this is bugged too and will be bugfixed?

12 Likes

How is ballista obviously bugged-and-not-working-as-intended? Lizard_irl, maxroll team lead and one of the most professional LE content creators has personally said a week ago that the only bug ballista has is the one that makes is lose damage. And now out of nowhere it turns out to be bugged.

What a joke.
Maybe fix issues with trading?
There are a bunch of obvious bugs. No shred in affix filter, you already broke search for uniques, cant jump to N page if something sold and etc
And now you want just only fix some random bug in build which overperforming for a month?
Of course, Ballista build affects every player)

官方雖說不會有季中nerf,但說你是BUG就不算nerf,D4當初應該和你們學習 :clown_face:

5 Likes

Time to quit this game. There was obviously ALOT of bugs in this game, and this ballista thing is definitely coming from old version instead of v1.0. You left it there for so long and now just to claim it is a bug, and decided to nerf the build while in the season just to slap on players’ face(And probably so that people quit and you can save up on server fee). This is no better than DDDD.

8 Likes