Upcoming bug-fix to Ballista

Hello “friend”, I to have played many, many builds over the past few years that had bugs fixed & performed worse for it. I’ve also had builds gutted because of design decision changes (the change to Bone Curse where the Illusion of Pain node now halves the duration of Cursed Limbs did actually render the build non-functional, rather than just not quite as overpowered). Was I disappointed? Of course I was, but I moved on & enjoyed other builds.

Do you know how quick it is to pick up on things like this? Do you know how quick it is to fix things like this, test them to make sure the fix doesn’t break anything else then release it?

2 Likes

Well, at least 5 years of beta are needed)) But why should we suffer because someone named it incorrectly and someone else did the formula incorrectly? And someone else tested it…

1 Like

Why are you asking me such questions? Okay, let me, as a “consumer,” answer them: no, I don’t know. Do you know what it is like to provide “quality service?”
I’m very glad that you have so much free time to try out a lot of builds! But I came to play an ARPG game, where every season I look for what I like and play the game, and not work as a tester with such a policy.

2 Likes

Because people make mistakes. It happens. It’s not ideal at all, but it happens all the time.

I do, yes, I have a job (I’m a qualified accountant), do I try my best to do a good job? Of course I do, but sometimes I make mistakes & then have to go back & correct them, everyone does.

4 Likes

I work as a surgeon… And I will always use your answer…

4 Likes

And alas, I don’t sit with a calculator to understand whether the concept of “arena” or “radius” works, I don’t derive a formula to find out what my skill should look like with the n-number of stats on my character. What about this policy - good luck Diablo 4 fans!

1 Like

Glad I could help you understand the lesser folks.

Let me fix this for you.
I don’t want to learn how a class works! I want to copy some streamer build!

1 Like

Do you think that to play a pay-to-play game you have to read forums and vote for something? Is it written in the rules? I haven’t seen it. A million people voted? They sold so many copies…

and why didn’t the survey say they should hire testers?

1 Like

Funny thing is that their employee made the formula mistake, and now the players are the ones that are being punished. They should have fix it or announced it bugged when this build is public within a week, not after 2-3 weeks, or only “fix” it when the cycle is over. They messed this up so bad that this is going to end like D4 first season when every class got nerfed.

6 Likes

We are not all perfect and knowledgeable like you. And we also don’t do google researches to figure out if EHG developers fucked up while coding the game. The developers are supposed to debug the game tho, not me as a player.

Mid league changes are bad for the players and this kind of freedom for the game developers will just decrease the league release quality, “we can fix it later”.

2 Likes

We know you already do.

Fun fact: Medical errors are one the leading causes of hospital deaths.

6 Likes

Bug fixes are always good.
Don’t be swayed by the Screams of bug exploiters!
Keep going EHG
Rooting for you!

10 Likes

I played 100 hours of explosive ballista since this 1.0 patch. Clearing more than the entire screen every 2-3 clicks was stupid and clearing 60% of the screen every 2-3 clicks is still stupid. The build is still incredibly OP and in no way makes playing the build a waste of time.

13 Likes

No one is not arguing with it, but it should be either as soon as they found out about the bug, or after the season. not in the middle. And it is better not to allow bugs, it is clear that everyone makes mistakes, but here are very obvious mistakes. Aoe turrets is just not someone who did not test - obviously.

2 Likes

rofl, wtf is this?
Fixing bugs is now part of the so called WOKE agenda?
hahahahahh

3 Likes

it’s good to fix the bugs before releasing major patches. Otherwise i’m free to call you incompetent.

The people annoyed by this “fix” did not even know that there was a bug. You are talking like a fanatic and not using your brain before posting.

There is more than white and black and for this reason every circumstance has to be managed in a different way.

1 Like

I hope all people would be reasonable and honest like you.

1 Like

You know, bugs are most likely not designed into a game, rather they’re DISCOVERED… Discovered by…? That’s right, you said it yourself: advanced players…
And the only reason for bugs to exist is for them to get fixed
Get in terms with it

Thanks EHG

3 Likes

What’s the point? What am i supposed to do as not an advanced player? You make no sense in that answer

1 Like