Mid-Cycle Build Balance Survey

Greetings Travelers,

As we continue our mission of collaboration with the community, we wanted to reach out and get as much feedback as we can on the topic of Mid-Cycle balance. In years past we have reached out to the community via a survey, and we found the feedback very valuable. Today, we are hoping to do the same once again.

Previously, our decision on the topic of Mid-Cycle balance has been to avoid adjustments to skills and items that are overperforming but are not bugs and to avoid fixing bugs that result in those skills becoming significantly weaker. The exceptions here are bugs that cause server stability issues.

To be clear, this small survey only focuses on bug fixes or balance changes that apply to overperforming skills or items. We will continue to fix bugs that result in skills and/or items receiving a buff. Things like server stability, Item Factions, or similar issues are not a part of this survey.

We know that the conversation can be more nuanced than your typical agree, disagree, no opinion poll, but we also want to get the sentiment of the community at large. Please take a few minutes (it’s only seven questions) and let us know your thoughts.

Link to Survey: https://forms.gle/4fZaNNP65oH7HFdA8

Thank You,
Last Epoch Team

92 Likes

“Strongly Agree” and “Strongly Disagree” placed backwards in the survey…
Higher score and placement on the right usually associates with positive answer.

UPD: it’s fixed now

24 Likes

id like to just see the ladder split by mid season patches tbh

also would of been simpler to just ask ‘do you want bugs fixed’

16 Likes

ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ

5 Likes

nerf warlock, nerf falconer,nerf insane scaling items, nerf insane scaling passive nodes, NERF THE FCK OUT OF WARD so people have to play the game

52 Likes

It’s exactly as it’s described in its beginning. I’d hope people who fill this out can actually read :>

5 Likes

I know it says “during a cycle” or “Mid-Cycle” but what would be the eta of bug fixes/resets? I dont wanna be scared that I have to look into my builds/placements again 2 weeks before a cycle ends.

Kind regards

4 Likes

They are playing the game. I have no idea what the complaint it.

4 Likes

Took it. Feel free to nerf way overpowered builds at any time.

17 Likes

Thanks as always EHG, curious to see the results!

Also what are the downsides for a ladder reset to be associated with bug fixes/nerfs of overperforming skills/items mid-cycle? To me that’s basically a new cycle every patch you do this.

I would assume a ladder reset among balance changes to be exciting for just about anyone remotely competitive and in line with the philosophy of swatting down overperforming/bugged/overtuned items and skills in favor of build creativity and fun.

3 Likes

yeah, need a like, line on when current patch fixes are done

Not that I expect it to be released but releasing final result would be great to shut up all the people pulling numbers from certain places. Lets see what the actual numbers are.

19 Likes

As long as you guys don’t nerf/buff stuff mid cycle that isn’t the result of a bug. I’m fine with whatever happens.

6 Likes

Well… I did it on mobile which put agree at the top and disagree at the bottom. So what does that mean?

1 Like

You can complete and send multiple survey forms from a single account. It should be limited to one per account.

10 Likes

Done. I actually tried the PV build/bug yesterday, and got bored within 30 minutes, and don’t wanna play it. Fix the bugs, yes!

3 Likes

Two things related to this survey that the questions do not adequately let me convey:

1. I could not possibly care less about leaderboards.
  2. I care so much more more about buffs to underperforming abilities than nerfs to overperforming ones happening in a timely fashion.

This survey’s assumption is that I care how other people are playing the game infinitely more than I ever will. I do not. I only care that the game is fun to play.

43 Likes

The short version of my feedback is-

1. Fix bugs ASAP. Always.
  2. I’m all for balance changes mid-cycle. Especially for this one/the first few cycles.
  3. I don’t care about the leaderboards.

Edit to add-
(I do care that balance changes are stated to be being delayed in deference to the leaderboards, which is truly bizarre to me. I genuinely wonder how many people even pay attention to the leaderboards, but regardless they should not take priority over actual game/class balance.)

21 Likes

The survey only discusses nerfs so I want to point out that I have no problem with skills being buffed mid-cycle. This is something I think GGG should be doing as well.

Experiment with buffing skills mid-cycle and no nerfs besides at the start of cycles.

13 Likes

I love that you are gathering feedback but IMHO the most important thing right now would be to tell us what that means for the current cycle because it may influence what people are doing ingame right now.

Is there a chance you will change your stance this cycle? If yes I will wait for a decision and play the build I am enjoying right now. If no I will start my Warlock because I don’t want to get way less loot while playing in a trade environment.

Please tell us when you are going to decide that as soon as possible. While I am strongly in favour of nerfing extreme outliers mid-cycle the most important thing is knowing when a final decision will be reached. I would assume a lot of people already started a new char after the last announcement and even if that survey now shows 80% are in favor of nerfs and you start nerfing in 2 weeks you will still have a lot of angry players.

1 Like