Unity crash when after 0.9 when trying online play

Trying to play this evening and constantly getting unity crash error. I also have 32gb ram.
Sometimes crashing strarts after an hour but today I had this error and crashes every 5-10 minutes. Can’t play game at all.

1 Like

I noticed that the game does use the protocol UDP to connect to online servers (after selecting the character when you try to join a server).
The UDP port always changes but also always end with 77, for example : “8077” or “10277”.
I opened the all the *77 ports in the range 1077 to 11977.
Currently, it does work.

I hope this will help those who have connectivity issues.

Dropping by to say that I’ve had no issues before today, but I’m literally progression locked currently because whilst I can load into an area from the map screen, if i try to transition between zones I get a unity crash.

>_>

edit, I take it back, I now can’t even log into a character without a unity crash

I don’t have problems with connectivity, only getting unity crash messages. Sometimes it happens after few hours of playing and sometimes on character screen and non stop. There are days that because of this error I can’t even play the game.

Yesterday was fine but today I get in the game, load main hub and when try to travel to area I get unity crash. It is very frustrating :triumph:

Hey mate

I saw these in your logs

Ping: Error performing ICMP transmission. Possibly because of a timeout
Ping: Error performing ICMP transmission. Possibly because of a timeout

Do you have a custom network configuration? Might need to unblock some stuff on your firewall?

The chap above a few posts had to unblock some ports

For everyone else on this thread, somebody else was having crashes recently and they were able to resolve it by adjusting their overclocking / underclocking settings.

Might be worth a shot if you have an OC card

I have no special network configurations. I also tried opening the ports 1077-11977 in my router and created a rule my windows firewall to allow all UDP/TCP connections outbound and inbound and still the game crashes.

I already gave up on this because no one from EHG is welling to look at such a wide spread bug. it is such a shame, I had really high hopes for this.

Guess I’m just going to wait for D4

Hi there all,

From the Discord:

If you are experiencing any Log-in, Lag, Disconnect or Rollback issues please report this to our Support Team here : https://support.lastepoch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Pick ‘Technical Issues’ from the drop down and provide your:

• Display Name
  • Character Name
  • Date & Time you noticed the loss (with your time zone or UTC)
  • What type of data was lost - How much gameplay time was lost

Source: Discord

I already have a ticket with the support team on the same day I created this thread and so far I got one reply asking me to verify the game.

I have 4 tickets open since the release of 0.9 about not being able to get past the character select in online mode, game just crashes when trying to login, and no reply on any of them, and no reply from EHG on the forums either, they have no idea what’s going on or how to fix it so they just pretend it doesn’t exist, shame I supported them for the last 3 years just to be met with this non existent customer support when they finally release multiplayer/online mode.

You should have gotten an auto-reply email for the tickets. Check your spam. You can reply to that email.

Also, I’d avoid raising more than one ticket about a specific issue. In most companies, tickets then to be triaged in the order they arrive, so more tickets means it takes longer to come back to any prior ticket.

Hey hey – it’s likely some very unfortunate combination of the game code, Unity, the drivers and the hardware.

So, I’ve had another look at your DxDiag and I can see

Problem signature:
P1: Last Epoch.exe
P2: 2019.4.40.50731
P3: 62a10ee1
P4: UnityPlayer.dll
P5: 2019.4.40.50731
P6: 62a11020
P7: c0000005
P8: 0000000000712594
P9:
P10:

UnityPlayer.dll is part of the Unity framework, not Last Epoch.
c0000005 is an access violation, which is when the module (Unity in this case) tries to write to memory it is not permitted to write.

I’ve had a look online and there are piles of Unity games experiencing this issue. Here are a couple more things to consider, which might resolve the issue for you:

cc: @Tahero - I don’t have your DxDiag files, but if you have the same error near the bottom, you can try these too.

I tried every single solution in these articles and still get the same crash. I dont understand why the game works in offline mode just fine but not in online mode.

To me it seems that there is connection issue when loading some of the game assets but I’m not sure how to troubleshoot that.

Its very challenging to diagnose as people are all experiencing subtly different problems with similar symptoms.

Unfortunately I am not in a position to troubleshoot any network issues as I dont have them myself.

If i hear anything, Ill let you know.

Good luck

Hi @theforsakenking

Another person with similar errors found that resetting Windows virtual memory management settings to Automatic allowed them to play the game.

To try this, you can follow the instructions at this link and make sure to choose Automatically manage paging file size for all drives; or, for each drive, select Custom and System managed size

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/virtual-memory-low-heres-fix/

Hopefully this helps, but also fixes for memory leaks are coming soon too.

Yet another patch, still unable to play online. NICE GAME

1 Like

So ultimately for me it came down to limiting FPS. The 7900xtx was rendering 600fps and I think it caused some issue. After limiting FPS not 1 crash in weeks. Settings, Graphics, Advanced Settings, check the box limit FPS. I set max to 100 and background to 30

1 Like

Not an ideal fix, but at least you can live with it. Stability and performance should improve over time, too.

Hello! I have the same bug and crash. Only VPN solve the problem, additionally I tried Warp from Cloudflare and it helps as well

Hello! i have the same bug the offline works fine but i cannot play online.

1 Like