Unity crash when after 0.9 when trying online play

What are you talking about?

So I am finally playing the game. As far as I can tell, the only thing that changed was that I installed the latest windows update that had been waiting to be installed. Now everything works great.

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me. Here is my build number and windows version. I have no updates to install

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎10/‎2023
OS build 22621.1344
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0

Can we please have someone from EHG comment on this unity engine crash only in online mode?! for me offline mode works great !

3 Likes

I’m talking about that if you have any kind of 3rd party software that injects in the game, see for example reshade, then it could couse the problem. So be it reshade, broadcasting overlay, steam overlay, nvidia shadowplay etc.

Ofc in offline the game runs, as it won’t be in conflict with any online service.

Checked the thread and applied workaround with memory - works for me now

What exactly did you do to get it working ?

What worked for me:

1. Restart computer and boot into BIOS (ie, F2/Del at startup)
  2. Enter “Advanced Mode” and find your DRAM/Memory settings
  3. Change Frequency setting from “Auto” to -200 MHz of whatever your DRAM is rated at from time of purchase (ie, if you have DDR5 6000MHz sticks, hard set it to 5800 MHz)
  4. Leave all other settings the same or on “Auto” for DRAM
  5. If there is a setting to Auto-tune or Overclock for your DRAM, leave on “Auto”
  6. Choose “Save Changes and Exit” from BIOS menu
  7. Boot into Windows as normal
  8. Enjoy Game :slight_smile:

Specs
CPU: AMD 7900x
GPU: AMD 7900 XT

Sadly that too didn’t work for me. I changed the ram timing to 3000 down from 3200 but I still get a Unity crash

2 Likes

Same man, I did everything that was advised on here and other places. I just keep getting the unity crash. Online AND offline… I literally just cannot play LE at all :frowning:

2 Likes

i’ve been using vpn and i have heavy lagspikes + cant play with party

Sadly the more i play the game constantly crashes when changing new zones, talking to npc’s etc. Game is in unplayable state for me.

1 Like

I had a same problem and fix it by changing DNS Can't get past character select - #13 by sean0491

Tried that too still getting the same crash :frowning: I’m getting hopeless

1 Like

Worst thing, we have no info from the team to help us. We have nothing saying its going to be fixed. It’s starting to feel like I may never play LE again :cry:

1 Like

Running into this same issue. I was able to play for weeks and even played most of last night, then suddenly this morning the game launched and after login, I see the tiny pop-up window then the entire thing crashes out to the desktop.

1 Like

I too was having this issue. I reverted my ATI driver to the 22 series from the 23 series and no more crashes.

what exact version are you running?

22.12.2 - I will say that I have gotten a random timeout error but that is an issue that was happening with this driver. For the most part I am able to play LE again with no issues. I wish team red would get their drivers together.

I still cannot get past the character select screen without using a VPN.
Also just confirming that I NEVER had any problems before connecting to ANY online game before, thank you for the non-existent customer support EHG.