Unity crash when after 0.9 when trying online play

+1
Played like 6 hours, then gone for a dogwalk and now cant join…
Seems like the problem is in my dog :thinking:

I Have the exact same problem … Okay I found THE SOLUTION GUYS USE VPN YW.

1 Like

Hello,

I hope that the dev will find a solution for customers who do not want to or can not use a VPN…

I tried using a VPN already and it didn’t fix it for me, sadly. My problem may be slightly different too, since I’m having those crashes sometimes when playing offline,

1 Like

Same issue for me, exactly as per OP, can we have developers comment here?
Not working VPN for me and same issue for offline mode. I’ve got 170+ hours with this game and all characters maxed, then had a break. Now decided to return, updated to 0.9 and have this issues. Quite annoyed.

UPD: Before crash I’m now having green loading bar, which doesn’t come to the end and game crashed pulling all open applications not working or working very slow (i.e. Chrome/Steam etc)

1 Like

Check this thread About memory requirements
Incresing windows swap file to 8gb let me in game for the first time after instaling 0.9 patch.

That guy has 32gb of ram according to his logs. Swap size not an issue for him :smiley:

Exactly!! The system requirements on steam says recommended is 16 gb and I have 32 gb of ram. The odd thing is that offline play works just fine so it is not memory thing, it is for sure something to do with online play

Maybe it will help somebody else. I spend some time trying reinstall a lot of stuff and couldn’t get past menu, character screen or even crash a lot of times at the start of the game. I see you are creator of that topic and you guide me to solution of my problem then i am thankful to you for that =)

I don’t understand why there is complete radio silence from EHG about this issue, they haven’t even mentioned it exists or that they’re working on it, all they’ve posted recently is that all connectivity issues have been resolved and boasting online player numbers, when a large portion of those players are having to use a VPN to even play and an even larger number aren’t playing at all because they don’t want to use one/don’t have a VPN, what’s even more frustrating I never have any problems connecting to any other online game.

1 Like

About the connectivity issue, can someone tell me what are the network protocols and ports to allow on routers/firewalls ?
I looked for it on Google but did not get relevant results :frowning:

Had the same issue. Did the same steps but did not help.

Then I uninstalled reshade and it solved the problem, online now works for me.

1 Like

What are you talking about?

So I am finally playing the game. As far as I can tell, the only thing that changed was that I installed the latest windows update that had been waiting to be installed. Now everything works great.

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me. Here is my build number and windows version. I have no updates to install

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎10/‎2023
OS build 22621.1344
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0

Can we please have someone from EHG comment on this unity engine crash only in online mode?! for me offline mode works great !

3 Likes

I’m talking about that if you have any kind of 3rd party software that injects in the game, see for example reshade, then it could couse the problem. So be it reshade, broadcasting overlay, steam overlay, nvidia shadowplay etc.

Ofc in offline the game runs, as it won’t be in conflict with any online service.

Checked the thread and applied workaround with memory - works for me now

What exactly did you do to get it working ?

What worked for me:

1. Restart computer and boot into BIOS (ie, F2/Del at startup)
  2. Enter “Advanced Mode” and find your DRAM/Memory settings
  3. Change Frequency setting from “Auto” to -200 MHz of whatever your DRAM is rated at from time of purchase (ie, if you have DDR5 6000MHz sticks, hard set it to 5800 MHz)
  4. Leave all other settings the same or on “Auto” for DRAM
  5. If there is a setting to Auto-tune or Overclock for your DRAM, leave on “Auto”
  6. Choose “Save Changes and Exit” from BIOS menu
  7. Boot into Windows as normal
  8. Enjoy Game :slight_smile:

Specs
CPU: AMD 7900x
GPU: AMD 7900 XT