The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

Nope.

But then you’d be missing out on all the prefixes.

Yes it was. Crit vulnerability despite the wording that implies it’s added to your final crit chance, was base crit chance. Not 100% but I feel strong about it: going with lots of increased crit and mid chance, a few procs turned out all my attacks crits consistently.

The devs said (on discord I believe) that it didn’t get added in to your base crit, though I could be misremembering.

It did and to my knowledge still does.

To be honest I have not played any rogue build in a looong time, so it might got changed without me noticing.

I still remember discussions from back then, when it was introduced to the game and a lot of people were confused about it.
You yourself did say that multiple times as well.

Continuing the discussion from What does Critical vulnerability do?:

Did you have some other information between back then and now?

I just want to clarify Critical Vulnerability:

Critical Vulnerability is a debuff on the enemy, not a buff to your character. This means that it does not take into consideration your stats to modify it. It adds the flat crit chance after all other crit chance calculations.

In a given situation, if you have 10% base crit chance, and 100% increased chance to critically strike, and are striking an enemy which has ten stacks of Critical Vulnerability on it, Your resulting crit chance would be 40%.

7 Likes

Uh, that’s new then, and adjusts the wording after all.

Another dead debuff, great.

2 Likes

Yeah nobody said it is not that way, but I still thought that the crit added by that debuff would go into the calculation.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

Huzzah! Saved by the @EHG_Kain!

Though the nerf makes me sad that it doesn’t get modified by your % increased crit.

You did here:

I was refering to the portion that its not a buff on your character.
Nobody said that

Ah, you might have wanted to have been a trifle clearer in what you were referring to.

I highly doubt you have stepped foot into 300+ corruption to school people on what they ‘need’ in their builds

No one is freaking out but if someone told you “oh from now on its going to take you 1.5 longer to walk anywhere for the rest of your life” its slightly concerning

I hope some day people realize the definition of fun is both subjective and speculative. And I also hope people learn the difference between constructive criticism and non-constructive criticism.

But apparently like this poster, I shouldn’t hold my breath.

3 Likes

Yes, you need to learn as well people dont want to not be able to move freely in a video game and some people enjoy poking themselves with needles for fun. Remember…video game… not real life. no competition in this game no one cares if you move to another pack quicker

You may find it run running through empty hallways/areas looking for monsters in a monster slaying game the definition of engaging gameplay but if I wanted to take in the scenery ill play Valheim

1 Like

Misplaced attempts at elitism is an extremely weak argument.

Sorry, but if you’re gonna be yelling at everybody as though this:

…full investment into relevant passives and skill nodes, most basic movement skill cooldowns will be around 0.3 seconds longer, and with full investment on items (up to T5 affixes) their cooldowns will be around 0.3 seconds shorter.

…is the same as a 50% increase in travel time and “being unable to move freely in a video game”, I’m not open to the idea that you are not freaking out. It’s a third of a second, so once again: If a 0.3s longer cooldown on your zoomzoom makes that big a difference, your movement skill was a crutch for a build that is otherwise bad.

You wanna spam movement skills, great, POE exists. I support any and all efforts to keep LE from becoming Movement Skills - The Game. The world does not need another ARPG that has to be balanced around all content being blasted through at light speed.

That’s a density problem, not a travel skill availability problem.

2 Likes

Yes from you. I do NOT tell others what their ‘needs’ are on gear

No one is yelling in fact no one was even talking to you at all, feedback is directed at the developers not mediocre players

No its actually a problem with maps being absolutely gigantic for no reason and having up to a screen of distance apart from mobs, then compounded by EHG creating builds like Reaper Form that requires you to constantly be leeching and moving to the next pack

2 Likes

Hail of Arrows
Base dmage 2 physical
Interval 0.2 seconds

Can you tell me how the skill will work if it is converted into poison?

What will be the damage, how frequently will the poison stacks be applied?

Can you tell me how Throwing Star works with Deadly Aim?

Just go ahead and release the 0.9 patch tonight.

Thank you for the clarity!

Do you think it is possible, that some Skills might be adjusted in the future, that apply crit. Vuln. but cannot do so in high frequency? (unlike the rogue for ex.)

Looking at Void Cleave here. It currently can apply up to 3 Critical Vulnerability.
Maybe it could be boosted to 4 on max level?