The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

With the nerf to crit vulnerability, does it also change how it interacts with your critical strike chance? Or is it simply a flat additive?

Only death knights.

Summon skeletons summon warriors, not death knights.

Nice seeing such a video on (as of now) upcoming new Patch.
I missed seeing presentation of Brand new Supporter Packs, but my guess is they are not at all far away.
I just sitting here thinking about… Am I going to continue my (Lvl55) Beastmaster on the 9th, or should I go all-in Brand New Online Beastmaster? Or sgould I actually try out a Druid for once?
I know at least one thing: I will not participate in this Be the 1st to bla-bla thingy and win so and so and do not sleep for the next 15, 20-30Hrs.

Yes, but it was written under the Summon Skeleton section, not the Summon Skeletal Mage section. Hence the confusion.

Will Skeletons consumed by the “Bone Kindling” node in the Summon Bone Golem’s skill tree count as dying / being killed?

Critical Strike Vulnerability always was calcualted with your own %inc. crit chance.

The patch notes don’t mention anything, so I would assume that that is not changed.

I hope some dev can show me the reason to why they go Anti Fun mode in a beta?

1. Increase cooldown recovery speed on Movement Skill. Ok, you can gain cdr now on boots and belt but both of this slot already needed specific affix to be useful like mov speed on boots and ailment clear on belts, so now this 2 items have literally 2 less slot.
  2. Movement skill doesn’t recover cooldown during use. So Shield Rush and Rampage got nerfed the most.
  3. Crit Vuln only give 20% max crit chance. So Rogue skill was bad bc they haved perma crit, now they are only bad.
  4. Sentinel lose ton of Armor bc of the changes to Javelin and Sygils. So Sigyls got no use now except for gimmick (ailments, non Bastion of Honor Block Build) and Javelin lose in only good support option.

Why the need to nerf everything now instead of letting people have a good multiplayer patch. I don’t care about multiplayer. I gonna play mostly SSF.

Also TY to all the non life hardcore player than complain on equipment not being worth it so everyone got nerfed bc of that.

Yes, your Bone Golem, i mean Pyre Golem kill your skelly so mana on skelly dead work and zombie on minion kill also work

Because they don’t want LE to become a game where movement skills reduce you to only 4 skill choices because they can be spammed to trivialize level traversal and dangerous mechanics thanks to being up all the time.

As to the bit about item stats, you have to choose what’s more important to you, and that is what they want. No-thought stat choices are not good for itemization.

This is bs bc all of cdr mov and clean are needed for all build. Or did you not put mov speed in all char? Or cleanse in all char? Or cdr in you helmet for all char?

These stat aren’t build unique stat like +lvl to a specific skill, they are quality of life stats that are required for most build for not to function perse, to fell good instead. Bc all of the people that play this kind of game like his build to feel nice.

Limiting QOL affixes isn’t a balance bc a build is broken or so, is damaging all the builds in the game even for people that play this for fun (like me) and not exclusive to tryhard that havve no life outside of the videogame

1 Like

But With Bear build you can stack thorn shield as much as your cast speed make possible.
And you can archieve mega DPS without damage affix on itens, You only choose defensive affixes.

CDR, movement speed, and cleanse are absolutely not stats that every build requires to feel good. If you honestly believe that, I can only suggest that your experience with builds in LE is probably very narrow.

More importantly, now the affixes that you feel are “mandatory” compete with other affixes that you want just as much. Which means that instead of just picking the same affixes every time, you now have to decide which ones are most important to you and your build, or how to change your build to compensate.

You may not like having to make a hard decision instead of no decision, but that doesn’t make these changes “bs” and it doesn’t mean good builds have become “exclusive to tryhards that have no life”.

And don’t you think it’s kind of silly to be freaking out about changes you haven’t even played with yet? You said what’s important to you is how a build feels but you don’t actually know how things are going to feel with these changes. Maybe wait for the patch to come out, play a bit, and give some constructive feedback that’s based on your experience?

Nope.

But then you’d be missing out on all the prefixes.

Yes it was. Crit vulnerability despite the wording that implies it’s added to your final crit chance, was base crit chance. Not 100% but I feel strong about it: going with lots of increased crit and mid chance, a few procs turned out all my attacks crits consistently.

The devs said (on discord I believe) that it didn’t get added in to your base crit, though I could be misremembering.

It did and to my knowledge still does.

To be honest I have not played any rogue build in a looong time, so it might got changed without me noticing.

I still remember discussions from back then, when it was introduced to the game and a lot of people were confused about it.
You yourself did say that multiple times as well.

Continuing the discussion from What does Critical vulnerability do?:

Did you have some other information between back then and now?

I just want to clarify Critical Vulnerability:

Critical Vulnerability is a debuff on the enemy, not a buff to your character. This means that it does not take into consideration your stats to modify it. It adds the flat crit chance after all other crit chance calculations.

In a given situation, if you have 10% base crit chance, and 100% increased chance to critically strike, and are striking an enemy which has ten stacks of Critical Vulnerability on it, Your resulting crit chance would be 40%.

7 Likes

Uh, that’s new then, and adjusts the wording after all.

Another dead debuff, great.

2 Likes

Yeah nobody said it is not that way, but I still thought that the crit added by that debuff would go into the calculation.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.