The Convergence Update - Beta 0.9 Patch Notes

Can you tell me how Throwing Star works with Deadly Aim?

Just go ahead and release the 0.9 patch tonight.

Thank you for the clarity!

Do you think it is possible, that some Skills might be adjusted in the future, that apply crit. Vuln. but cannot do so in high frequency? (unlike the rogue for ex.)

Looking at Void Cleave here. It currently can apply up to 3 Critical Vulnerability.
Maybe it could be boosted to 4 on max level?

If they didn’t surely they wouldn’t be complaining about the change they’re complaining about? And some do ask for more movements skills.

Yes,
All my damage comes from cast speed (prefix).
So I dont need other prefix

Depends. If your damage is coming from the Bear proc then that would benefit from minion damage, if its from the thorn burst then it’d benefit from appropriate damage modifiers as well (spell, phys, etc) as cast speed. I’d be surprised if most of your damage (v bosses, trash doesn’t count as it dies so quickly) wasn’t coming from the thorn burst.

BtW.: HYPEMETER = :100:

Ive played the 3? focus fire minion builds which are Retaliation Bear/Golem and Manifest Armor where you attack the minion to deal the damage/scale it

The bear retaliated with ice thorn type attack when it took 75? dmg and you could lower it 50? I cant remember, you cast Thorn Shield which does negligible damage and it can stack infinite giving 60% phys/bleed per stack to the bear so the more cast speed you have the more damage you can stack, getting 60% increased minion damage on a piece of gear is simply just one stack of Shield, and I personally could get 21 or so stacks at peak

Manifest Armor has been also toned down and no idea how the Shield throw proc works, but Manifest Armor was definitely the stronger of these prior to 0.9

Bone Golem scales similar to the bear except your cast speed procs Bone Shatter and Dreadshade/Bone Curse give the Golem a tonne of damage and easy to automate it, at 250+ corruption the bear has issues surviving and relied on leech from the thorns to live, if it now uses it less its probably going to be irritating to play. With Golem/MA you can just resummon them whenever you want

I feel Bone Golem is far superior right now to the Bear and unknown how good MA is but its probably still the best

Issue is companions need to be solo to get the most out of them, a solo melee pet is not good late game unless its something like Abomination. Bear needs massive increase in speed to be viable as melee and not retaliation based

1 Like

Great work EHG, the patch looks amazing!

Can we just talk about this one line? :slight_smile:
" * The spell damage buff from Immolator’s Oblation now only scales up to 40 stacks of ignite (from unlimited)."

Is it possible to gently bump that 40 up to 100? Pretty please? :smiley: There is most likely only 1 very specific way of getting up that high and it does not deliver game-breaking dps, it just brings Lich closer to other classes from a dps perspective.

Is it likely this game will launch and go live before 11AM CST?

Yup, I’d forgotten about that.

There’s a time at the top of the patch notes.

Not movement speed?? Really
On what build you like to move like a slug…
Not cleanse also? You like dying to 20 stacks of poison and bleed did you…

There is no competition to “mandatory afiixes or QoL affixes”. You lose more by not having this affixes that having this.

That’s what leech/regen/sustain is for.

The new mobs are amazing. Well done, it felt like the crazy void was swarming me.

Does bone kindling actually work as intended currently? The way it’s worded makes it seem like the aura damage should also kill skeletons rather than just the initial cast. I feel like it’s either bugged or you should update the tooltip to clarify.

CDR is 100% not needed on all builds. But movement speed? Yeah…I beg to differ.