Restrict a non-season players

Hello.
I read that the ladders are only available during the season. The feeling that I was disoriented and forced to play seasons.
I’m one of those people who plays ladder games only; I don’t like going through campaigns, considering it a kind of foreplay. And the game for me - is an opportunity to play high-level content with the high-level character at any time, comparing the effectiveness of builds across the ladder. I like to farm things for all characters at the same time, because there are so many tabs available in the game for this. And suddenly, like a cold shower, there is no non-season ladder.

This is the wrong way.

The developers position themselves as players, then why do they force players into the seasons through ladder restrictions?

3 Likes

I know seasons are money-makers for the game devs nowadays, with seasonpass and way more content. It just sucks to be forced into seasons to have some nice gaming experience - like it is in D4.

The major downside is also having to have new characters every season again. Personally I´m not the parent kind of type who loves to “raise” characters every 3 months just to have them “put down” coz there is nothing to do in non-season. And I believe parents and ppl who work 60hrs a week wouldnt mind if you can just use your old character for new seasons.

Leaderboards are a major thing for me too, so are achievements or rewards you can earn (not sure if thats a thing here now).

I think there should be a balance with content, leaderboards and rewards between season and non-season to make a game more appealing. The majority comes from a background where there were games without seasons or where seasons were newly implemented into several games but non-season was still a great deal due to not existing restrictions (there were seasonal and non-seasonal leaderboards, achievements, and rewards/cosmetics to be earned and whatnot).

I know gaming companies/devs need to earn a living, but Im sure that there are several ways to do so without non-season lacking in entertainment imo.

2 Likes

This is what everyone wants, who dont its not player who will stay at game for long time. More worthy is do content for those who dont have time to grind every month

2 Likes

Friends who recommended this game said that in Last Epoch will be no season passes or anything else, only cosmetics.
This is wrong?

“nowadays”! I was talking about most other games I´ve played.

Except nothing will stop a fulltime streamer for copying their better-geared character and put a record on a Leaderboard on the first day that you’ld never get to in months.

Leaderboards require resets to give an equal starting point. Resets have been a thing since Diablo 2, and without it, you’ld never be able to even get on the top 100 if you weren’t there at launch.

I guess they could reset Leaderboards on Legacy every Cycle as well, but I’m not certain how that would impact the community as a whole, as that becomes virtually the same issue (old characters beating new/more casual players)

6 Likes

Why do people with little time to play want ladders? If they have so little time, they will never compete.

Having played seasonal games like POE and D2, we know that non-ladder is where all the best items end up by default. Try-hard players (the kind who care about ladders) will have tons of money and a truly casual player will never be able to trade for the best items. For try-hards obtaining them will represent ZERO ACHIEVEMENT, because they are measuring themselves by people who truly have less time to play

5 Likes

People need to understand that they are the problem not the game. Should I blame FIFA for not having cars in the game cause I like cars more than football players? Should I blame Diablo because it does not have dragons in it cause I like dragons? You do not like the fact that there are seasonal leaders and it happens. It is not a problem and it is not their problem. It is not something that affects the game it is something that affects you in a preference way not in a bad way where you cant play the game/progress through it or something.

People need to understand that some games are not for them. Some mechanics in some games are not for them. Thats why the game has hardcore for example. But you dont complain about it cause you dont play it cause it is not for you.

I swear people complain about the dumbest things.

10 Likes

I’ll try to explain it differently: people who have little time want to have the same rights and opportunities as other players.
Although I didn’t talk about the lack of time, the point of the topic is a dislike for the seasonal system and the need to level everything up again.

Exactly! This is exactly what I’m talking about - seeing a goal, competing, and when you reach that level or not at all, that’s another matter.

1 Like

Im casual and i dont care about leaderboard. Reset on both and keep same content will be perfect. I just dont want make every third month new character because i dont have so much time to play and for me its hunting first top 10 in leaderboard impossible.

foreplay and cold showers? nice choice of metaphors!

I’m gonna be honest with you…

If you don’t have a lot of time to play, top 10 is gonna be impossible in Legacy as well.
Because there will be players with more time than can get better gear and more experience than you can.

Atleast in cycles, the gear gets reset every so often.

4 Likes

Thats the point i dont care about leaderboard at all…i just dont wanna make every third month new character because some cycle mode…i want to play with same content on legacy

Ah, OP was talking about Legacy Leaderboards, thought you were as well.

For now, both modes are the same.
Usually, Cycles are the testing grounds for new mechanics, allowing devs to basicly mass-PTR the system before they decide to add it to Legacy, so if you don’t care about FOTM mechanics and unbalanced stuff, Legacy is definitely for you.

1 Like

Please keep in mind that in the period of 3 months it is impossible to compete with active players in principle, but in the period of 9-12 months it is possible, because… Gear power, the further, the weaker it progresses.

In addition, limiting and depriving choice is bad.

Not really, because those that play constantly will still have gear that is better than yours (even if slightly) and they are playing the mechanic all the time so they are aware of all the little tricks to get ahead. A longer leaderboard just means that you can get closer, but not that you can actually compete.

It’s just like in any sport. The guy that trains and competes daily will always be ahead of the one that doesn’t.

2 Likes

I know in PoE it was different and in seasons was content parts only for seasonals not legacy …its why im scared for this game to end same…i hope it will not in future

now that I think about it, I have absolutely no idea why I rolled my mage in cycle mode … no way I’m going to even register on the leaderboard

Data shows that more players play seasons in ARPGs than standard. The main reason PoE is #1 is their season model.
It will happen eventually that seasons in LE will have exclusive content. More players will leave LE if they don’t than would if the current model were to remain.

I’m willing to bet that if I log in to PoE now (after downloading it first), it’ll have more SSF content than when I originally played it years ago.
I’m also fairly certain I wouldn’t actually want half the mechanics they left out in SSF anyway, so it would still be a net gain for me.

Cycles do allow for crazy things that aren’t stable long-term though. Imagine if for their anniversary next year they do a “you are now both MG & CoF at once” cycle. That’s a fun thing to try out, but not entirely viable to permanently add to Legacy. It’s something that will need an end timer. I think that as long as they tell you in advance a cycle mechanic is not likely to move to Legacy, you’ll know ahead of time to trey it out or just continue playing your Legacy characters.

1 Like