One-shot and Lost Caches | Coming in Runes of Power

I never really felt the maps needed to be fully explored. I just thought they would add stuff you’d discover naturally like Vaal side areas in POE or maps within maps. I definitely don’t think full map exploration should be a priority.

Do some of the one shot caches contain uniques specific to that box?

The fixed seeded items in the One-Shot Caches you find throughout the campaign are Personal Items. These are kinda like “light” uniques as they have specific stats and a set of affixes that you can’t find elsewhere but are not actually classified as unique items. It is possible for a unique item to drop from one of these Caches but they aren’t guaranteed.

Nobody’s said anything about fully exploring zones, just that now there’ll be some reasons to go off the direct path to the quest marker/next zone.

Besides, these will all be found and mapped out in a few weeks then youll be able to find out whats in them and where they areand include them in your run if you want.

So im curious…

Can an experimental affix be t6 or t7?
If so…
If a glph of insight is used on a personal item on the affixes other than the personal affix and it becomes exalted…
Could you then…
Have a chance to place that personal affix on a unique when making a legendary…

P.s. im having a hard time falling asleep thinling of the possibilities if you can do the above. Thanks…

Personal Items always drop with 0 Forging Potential. Sorry, can’t pull those personal affixes onto a unique.

1 Like

Sad day.

Did the map overlay actually got reduced or did you guys simply put like barricades on some paths? I mean, I saw some maps that seems to be “connected” but can’t be passed through because there’s some barricade or some invisible wall on it. But this is probably the best part of this for me lol. Solarum Ascent, Burning Forest…what else… Hopefully these have been modified too.

Cursed chests! “Better” loot but risky. I’d love to see this in LE. Reminds me of Grim Dawn’s totems places all over the world where it gives you loot if you defeat all the supposedly-power mobs spawned from it.

One comment here stated that the devs are showing Tempest Strike on the preview, and one said we should just better wait for the patch notes. Maybe they have something more in the update but I wouldn’t hold my breath. Shaman is one of the classes I wanted to try but it’s so outdated. Though if they’re going to make an update about Shaman, it will probably something thematic like this upcoming one–Runes of Power or something they did with Druid rework update. Probably a future update focusing on balance and overhaul.

Personal items seem to be a great idea, it will make speedrunning the campaign a lot more interesting, since there would be some fixed content to route around.
One curiosity: Are one-shot caches the same for all classes?
So the personal item in the mage oneshot caches would be the same as the one in sentinel?

This is great to hear, backtracking through monoliths was an absolute chore.
I personally would have preferred a better compass, one that points the way accounting for the geometry of the level (so one that does pathfinding). But this also works.

We pray its 1.0

According to the unofficial roadmap, this is the last update before 1.0 other then small tweaks aka bugs, slight balance changes if something on runemaster is op etc.

if its further out then 1.0… That is a struggle.

MoF improvements are great!

I wish as the tier becomes higher, the lost caches becomes more fancy appearance.:gem:

Are the items from the highest tier lost caches of better quantity and quality than the Exalt Echo reward? :blush:

Great changes overall, as a whole (considering previous posts), I am not sure the game should implement new features on every turn, I would instead fix and polish what is already there.

There is so much that has been discussed about Monoliths the past year(s), and there’s an big claim the system must be revised as a whole, instead we get minor adjustments as if the system is solid as it is (maybe it is in their eyes).

Anyways is dev’s call, hoping for a solid release with 1.0. Not sure if I will come back before that.

Lol…

First comment about things I liked in my replay of TQ and viola, EHG ticks it off the list… No way they pulled that one out of the hat that quick so they were just being sneaky sneaky and waiting to pull the trigger.

Maybe I should just shut up and just trust them. :rofl:

But one of the most significant points of discussion always was and still is more varied random content and reasons to not solely objective rush within echoes.

Which with this patch we got two things addressing this. Plus a few minor adjustments with Mob Density and Map sizes/layout.

I think these are exactly the changes a lot of us want.

The core system of MoF is already a great foundation.
IMO only the corruption scaling vs enemy modifier scaling needs to be adjusted.

I think while these changes are definitively positive and a step in the right direction, I feel, and many others, the way it scales and the modifiers need a serious re-thinking (you also mention it), as to me is much more important. That’s about it.

This might be slightly off-topic as it’s partially skill related as well but are there more passes on some of the clunkiness of the “grid” the maps are on? Alpine Halls is definitely one of these. Some movements skills that are channelled, like Shield Rush, Surge and Rampage, are really prickly in this maps because there seems to be some ‘grad’ change about ever five feet that’s causing auto stops to happen.

Since this topic is also about MoF, I couldn’t help but wonder if they’re going to fix some of the maps in this update where using Warpath skill becomes really problematic, where it refuses to go to the direction you want.

Sadness

I did forget that they don’t have procedurally generated maps yet. But once they do it will be an issue

pogg
ers