Rune Prisons and Experimental Items | Coming in Runes of Power

Yes. " This means that yes, you can in fact craft a Legendary Item using Experimental Affixes!"

1 Like

Veknognitoo was asking for sealed affixes.

But sealed affixes are ignored in the process of legendary crafting.

3 Likes
  1. Can you use more than 1 glyph of insight on the same items? I.E. upgrade 3 normal affixes into Experimental affixs?

if so,

1. Would this produce multiple of the same affix?

Experiment = Check from websites for guides and all stuff before hand. :smiley:

One thing more can Glyph of Insight upgrade affix in to exalted experimental affix?

Normal crafting rules still apply. You need to be able to upgrade an affix to use a Glyph of Insight on it, so a Glyph of Insight could only be used with a maximum of a T4 affix. However what experimental affix might result and at what tier … /shrug

LET’S GOOOOOOO

This is SOOO hype!! Thank you, this looks amazing! Please keep adding random encounters to echoes!! Some more before 1.0 will go a very long way to keeping them enjoyable and exciting!

does this mean that Glyph of insight can upgrade randomly from lets say T2 to T5 or even higher maybe to have T6,7 or even T8? Well that would be sick and it would be a chase crafting material since you can make legendaries by crafting first T6+ and then combine it with uniques hopefully I am right this really would be sick

Checking this - will update this post shortly.

Confirmed: An item can only have one Experimental Affix at a time.

3 Likes

Excited to see more advanced crafting introduced!

Normal crafting rules are still applied - You cannot craft T6 or T7, those are drop only tiers by their nature.

But since experimental affixes can also be exalted tier, those could also be sealed with the Rune of Research, correct?

So Sealed Exalted Affixes are experimetnal only?

I’m not aware of anything that restricts a Rune of Research from sealing an exalted experimental Affix (I can’t double check that today), so that would be correct - for now.

Can you seal experimental affix and after that use Gylph of Insight to transform another affix in to experimental affix on the same item so can you have 2 experimental affixes on the same item

Items can have a max of 1 Experimental Affix.

1 Like

He’s already answered this.

What happens if you Glyph of Chaos an Experimental affix? Does it reroll into a different experimental? Gets replaced by a normal affix instead? Or is it not usable at all?

They are not craftable, meaning you can’t use Glyph of Chaos on them (with the exception of those 2 new crafting materials that interact with them specifically)

Ah I understood that part of the post as in “you cannot craft these yourself on the items you want”. So once you upgrade a random affix into an experimental one with a glyph, it’s essentially “locked” at whichever tier it’s at? Meaning it’s best to save the glyph for a high tier affix and not waste it on a T1-3.

There is no “turning affixes into a random experimental affix”.

Either the item already dropped with a experimental affix, that is worth for you
Or you can use the Glyph of Insight to turn a prefix into a experimental affix. (But this process is not “random” its determinsitic, ones we as a communtiy understood how this will work)