Nova boy 0.8.3

There is no need for building cast speed anywhere else even though spell slinger got nerfed

I wouldn’t worry about the dummy damage numbers.
To reach those numbers you must gear swap for bosses.
Things you end up swapping are the rings to the invoker’s static touch (more flat, inc shock effect) and you swap your helm to +x to lightning blast with lightning crit multiplier. This allows you to put more points into frontloaded and is purely for bosses.
The dummy dps used multiple exalted items including +4 to lightning blast + t5 crit multi helm
You also use all your buffs for that (teleport + flame ward for increase lightning damage etc)

1 Like

Oh thanks , im relieved honestly, i couldn’t figure out why the dmg is so big.

Thanks for the reply. Just finished my first empowered and got the 60 mana Blessing . Now i can remove some from my gear :slight_smile:

Where are you getting your crit from? If my math is correct your nova has an 86% chance to crit and your lightning blast has a 53% chance to crit. Am I missing some sources or do you not care to hit 100%? Nova has a base of 20 crit (5 base+6 cata+ 9 skill), with a total of 330% crit ( 20 skill+ 70 tree + 80 tree + 160 tree), which is 20 x 4.3 = 86%

Nova is bugged and its 100% crit and LB isn’t exactly 100% but with the new rings (crit implicit) i might swap to those just for LB damage. (Nova is 100% crit rate even with staff) so atm i find it pointless to stack more crit when nova is already 100% due to a bug (things will change when that is fixed)

Interesting so if Nova is 100% crit why did you take the 3 pts in to Charged Destruction nodes? 53% still sounds too low for LB though.

For staff version you need it to hit 100% nova crit and for wand you only need 1 point to reach 100% crit chance. (You need to hit around 80% crit for nova to reach 100% crit chance with luminaire) So 14x4.9x1.2 = 82% crit
For wand build you are at 62% crit (could swap adaptive while channeling to crit (doubled if you have 300+ mana) that way you’d be around 80-84% lb crit chance.
The build is made for arena and LB isn’t important there

I see, ok thanks. Planning my build, just wanted to know what I wanted ideally in every slot.

Oh, I didnt see any sustain in the build. Are you just relying on potions? I was thinking of crafting leech on gloves + relic.

My sustain comes from Prism wraps and potions (3-8% ele damage leeches as health on crit) since I’ve moved to the chest completely even in monoliths. I should update my planners for 0.8.2 now that planner website is updated.
I would recommend getting leech on gloves + prism wraps or sacrifice your black sun blessing to gain spell leech but keep rare chest.

What about taking armor while channeling blessing and taking armor% on chest/belt/boots? Should be a good deal of armor. You’d have to take endurance % else where though.

I was considering swapping the endurance % blessing to armor while channeling and swap my int rings to str rings so I’d be at around 2k armor (37%/25% mitigation) vs 15/10% this would be very much viable if you have exalted endurance % either t6 or t7.

Foe, any chance that you would create a build in the planner for 0.8.2 and without the unique amulet? :slight_smile:
Its impossible to find or gamble it anyway ehm

Yes, i will include one once i update other planners etc

I did a fire ele nova spec in 0.8.1 based on the build. I went with Meteor for the single target damage.

Fire Nova is really strong in its own right, managed to push respectably high in Arena with it.

Updated planners and included version without orian’s eye.
Arena planner is specifically for arena and high corruption farming (500+)
If you see something weird with the planners, please let me know so I can fix them :slight_smile: I don’t have time to double check them atm

Thanks for updating the planners. Your relic has +2 to volcanic orb on the arena, no orian’s, and lightning builds.

Thanks! I fixed the relic slots to be generic damage (Lightning) instead.

Is there an updated loot filter for 0.8.2? Thanks!

Hey, so I’m very new taking like 2 days new lol, I’m looking at the build and I can’t seem to find where you put all you points and what not ‘again I’m new don’t judge’ so was wondering if you can tell me where I see your skill trees etc for this?