Mid-Cycle Build Balance Survey

I would you like to advice for leaderboard. if you do leaderboard for skill instead of class. people can efficient comparison with other players. for example while someone like to play with owerpower skills other may don’t like. Those who enjoy playing with a weak skill can also see their ranking in that build.

In addtion we want to buff which is less played skills and classes like lich - shaman - force guard - beastmaster.

Buff weak skills. There are entire class specializations that have basically zero uniques and very few viable skills worth using in corruption 300+ yet you are spending a silly amount of time worrying about leaderboard e-peen contests?

Screw the leaderboards.
Fix bugs, and buff underperforming skills so there is more FUN in the game.

11 Likes

this is a bad idea since maany skills can be built as main damage or support or utility…

If they are going to be nerfed they need to be sorted straight away, one every youtube’r has a video out and its X weeks after isn’t know seems a bit late / pointless then.

Build the ability to turn off / on skills in the back end so can be done without a patch ‘fixing’ the issue…so you can take action quicker

1 Like

In general i think consistency is most important. The moment you already had to touch balance, because bugs were affecting servers ( and that was right ofc ), you got the opportunity to do all bugs resulting in vastly over-performing skills as well, and you should take it. Especially because we are not talking about a bug that results in slight over performance but a misplaced decimal resulting 10x the intended performance.

2 Likes
  1. Don’t make balance changes during cycles, saving them for the major patches.

2. Don’t run cycles right on the major patches, let players find what’s OP or bugged and then decide what is and is not going to fly.

3. Bug fix or otherwise is semantics and doesn’t actually impact the end result, which is someone’s build being ruined and EHG indirectly deciding the leaders based on who does, and does not, get a nerf.

3 Likes

I really appreciate the Eleventh Hour Games team looking at community feedback in this way. This is why Last Epoch is one of the best ARPGs available to play! I feel very strongly that things like this(overtuned/bugged skills) should be fixed swiftly, but I also understand some people may not have the same opinion. Thank you being so passionate about your game, and caring about the people that are playing! <3

1 Like

The question is:

“Is there EVER as scenario in which a bug SHOULDN’T be fixed” - and the answer to that question is unequivocally ‘no’.

16 Likes

Hello.
Falconner and warlock should be fixed and nerfed.

Squirrels sound need to be changed it’s annoying.

Mastery like lich, spellblade, forge guard should be buffed.

Thank you for all the work, fixes and patchs. Thank you for asking and reading the community. Hope the best for the game!

4 Likes

you can choose five skill you play

Bugs should be fixed period. Build effecting negative or positive, a bug is a bug. The hard question to me is the leader board situation and I think the results of the survey will be interesting to see.

Also… The scale of 1-5 is backwards. I noticed after the second question but I could just as easily submitted the exact opposite of what I was gonna vote. Odd choice there.

2 Likes

Hmm. Decisions, decisions…
(Fixed now, just thought it was funny)

I disagree. In some cases “bugs” are actually enshrined as game features because fixing them results in a worse player experience. Or in the case of things which are obviously not bugs like the CoF tomes simply being called bug fixes because it makes a nerf more palatable, those should not be “fixed” mid cycle.

2 Likes

if we put in a second survey does that overwrite the first one? In case we misread the first time and realized basically had reverse of what I meant, so put in a second to fix?

2 Likes

This! Have a Cycle[number] Early / Cycle[number] Late leaderboard. Problem solved.

1 Like

Well, If a build is over or under performing due to a bug then it’s no brainer to fix that bug but if a skill is over performing due to miss balance and works within it’s intended design then no need to nerf it mid season and let people have some fun with it for a season " unless it’s like 4-5x the performance of the 2nd best build or something "

Whats with these first questions??? FIX BUGS period

9 Likes

In my opinion things should be balanced so that people can truly enjoy the game. But if someone was able to find a broken build, its not their fault, well done them. So a reset to leaderboards i think is unfair. Builds should be explored to the maximum and they are broken is up to the devs to provide balance, this way instead of everyone playing the game exactly the same way, that would provide more varied builds.

Fix bugs and buff underperforming skills/items, I don’t care about overperforming things

Oh shit … all of my answers are reversed … I didn’t notice before reading this reply !!! …